Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

1505152535456»

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I listened to a few episodes recently.   For the hell of it.

I think it is a good podcast.  A number of topics and information on stuff I really have no idea about but are interesting.  Like hunting, some nature stuff.  Some different nutritional approaches.  

I do think it gives a nice glimpse into a point of view which is not my own.  I do agree with a number of things he says politically.  However, I think he gives way too much of a free pass to Trump and his like, while being extra hard on 'progressives'.  

He does say a lot of things and isn't challenged though.  I would like to see (maybe it happens, I dont know) guests who could debate in a civil manner and show a different point of view.  The guests I have seen so far seem to just agree with everything 100%.  
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    MayDay10 said:
    I listened to a few episodes recently.   For the hell of it.

I think it is a good podcast.  A number of topics and information on stuff I really have no idea about but are interesting.  Like hunting, some nature stuff.  Some different nutritional approaches.  

I do think it gives a nice glimpse into a point of view which is not my own.  I do agree with a number of things he says politically.  However, I think he gives way too much of a free pass to Trump and his like, while being extra hard on 'progressives'.  

He does say a lot of things and isn't challenged though.  I would like to see (maybe it happens, I dont know) guests who could debate in a civil manner and show a different point of view.  The guests I have seen so far seem to just agree with everything 100%.  
    I did the same a while back... listened to him interview Maynard, Tulsi, Bill Burr, Josh Hommes & some others. It was more to see what the hype was about than anything else. Some episodes were better than others, IMO, but sure... as far as podcasts go, it can be a good one. Who can find fault w/ the pursuit of better physical and mental health? There is some good in it. 

I agree wholeheartedly on your point about to whom he gives too much of a free pass and to whom he doesn't. I also agree w/ the point about little to no pushback... it doesn't happen much from what I've heard. 

& of course there's the evergreen issue of who he gives his platform to... he had Alex Jones on a week before the 2020 election, and while I only listened to the first 25 minutes or so (surprised I lasted that long) IIRC, it was just an avalanche of conspiratorial bullshit regarding Biden and Ukraine.

Giving Jones, who has his own internet show, that platform a week before the election to do his thing was a pretty curious decision for a podcast host people used to tell me 'doesn't have an agenda'.