Tm changes refund policy

13»

Comments

• NSLNSL Posts: 293
    Curious to see how the concert cash works.  Is it going to be like their vouchers that were only good for lawn seats or cover bands?  I'm requesting refunds on probably 4 of my 6 tickets (for now).  
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
    2024-08-26 - Noblesville, IN
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,184
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    As long as the fine print isn't janky, sign me up for the 150% credit
    Yeah I don't think I can pass that up... There's gotta be shows at some point, right?? Even for shows you still want to attend, it's probably better to get the credit and then buy new tickets 
    There will be and I'll definitely be buying tickets so that bonus is more than fair. I just want to make sure there's no fine print about it only being redeemable for select shows, etc.
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    Yeah.  I still have unusable TM credit, good only for a small selection of shows I'd never want to go to (and no one else would want to go to).  Have to keep a careful eye on these sneaky turds.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • BR2428BR2428 Posts: 129
    SHZA said:
    RS65573 said:
    The credit card used on my initial purchase through 10club. Called TM, asked for refund, they said no, just filed dispute. These shows are never happening with GA.
    You're supposed to just reply to the Ticketstoday email to get a refund for 10c tickets.

Has anyone been successful in getting a refund for their 10c tickets by emailing TicketsToday like the emails suggested? If so, was it prior to this TM policy change?
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    BR2428 said:
    SHZA said:
    RS65573 said:
    The credit card used on my initial purchase through 10club. Called TM, asked for refund, they said no, just filed dispute. These shows are never happening with GA.
    You're supposed to just reply to the Ticketstoday email to get a refund for 10c tickets.

Has anyone been successful in getting a refund for their 10c tickets by emailing TicketsToday like the emails suggested? If so, was it prior to this TM policy change?
    I submitted requests for refunds for three shows on Friday evening.  I got replies on Saturday morning saying that the refunds would be processed and credited to me within 30 days.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    A band taking action to help fans get money back 

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,770
    SHZA said:

All shows should give the Fans the option of getting refunds right now.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,674
    SHZA said:

And he gets to save face. Had about 15,000 unsold seats for his 2nd show in Boston, major blunder by the promoter adding the 2nd show, Now they get out of it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    SHZA said:

And he gets to save face. Had about 15,000 unsold seats for his 2nd show in Boston, major blunder by the promoter adding the 2nd show, Now they get out of it.
    It's like a lot of these Black Crowes shows. I was really interested to see how things were going to play out with such light sales and now they'll all probably just be canceled outright. 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    SHZA said:

It's like a lot of these Black Crowes shows. I was really interested to see how things were going to play out with such light sales and now they'll all probably just be canceled outright. 
    Man I hope they cancel the crowes soon.

As for Pj make it an option for people.  I will hold mine as long as it takes for them to reschedule.
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    edited April 2020
    My tickets from the regular TM onsale are refundable, but the ones from 10 Club are not, though I'm guessing 10 Club can assist if needed? I requested a refund for my TM tickets and at this point think I'd rather have my money back for my other set. These shows probably won't happen for a number of years, if ever. Hate to say it.
    Post edited by MD190661 on
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• ZodZod Posts: 10,524
    I imagine at some point the band will make the call (whether or not to cancel, and start over when the pandemic is over).  I think they are rescheduling.   I plan to hold my tickets to see what happens with the Oakland shows.

I do have a spare pair for the first Oakland show that I promised to sell a fellow 10c'er on fan to fan (Which I will follow through on).   I did notice there's no refund option on fan to fan tickets.    I guess it only works if you bought them directly.

While I loathe the concert industry, I do understand that like many other corporations, this has now become a complete shitshow for them.   They never expected all live events to get cancelled for a prolonged period of time.   I feel my "give them some slack" meter is pretty high right now.   So many things are impacted right now, they I let it slide, and will worry about it when it's more important.
    MD190661 said:
    My tickets from the regular TM onsale are refundable, but the ones from 10 Club are not, though I'm guessing 10 Club can assist if needed? I requested a refund for my TM tickets and at this point think I'd rather have my money back for my other set. These shows probably won't happen for a number of years, if ever. Hate to say it.
    For the 10c tickets, you should have received an email from Ticketstoday. You can request a refund by replying to that email. If you happen to be getting a refund for MSG I'd buy them from you 
    Zod said:
    I imagine at some point the band will make the call (whether or not to cancel, and start over when the pandemic is over).  I think they are rescheduling.   I plan to hold my tickets to see what happens with the Oakland shows.

I do have a spare pair for the first Oakland show that I promised to sell a fellow 10c'er on fan to fan (Which I will follow through on).   I did notice there's no refund option on fan to fan tickets.    I guess it only works if you bought them directly.

While I loathe the concert industry, I do understand that like many other corporations, this has now become a complete shitshow for them.   They never expected all live events to get cancelled for a prolonged period of time.   I feel my "give them some slack" meter is pretty high right now.   So many things are impacted right now, they I let it slide, and will worry about it when it's more important.
    Interestingly, I think this is where years of goodwill (or lack thereof) correlate to the amount of slack given. Companies like TM and StubHub have operated for so long with an attitude of "yeah, well what are you gonna do about it, buddy" that I think a lot of customers have very little patience.

Baseball fans, for instance, are not having it. Lawsuit filed and they're seeking to make it a class-action.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29074691/mlb-fans-file-class-action-suit-ticket-refunds?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    SHZA said:
    RS65573 said:

I never got this email from TM .... can anyone tell me where I will find it, or is it just US fans who have received it ?
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
    vest71 said:
    SHZA said:
    RS65573 said:

I never got this email from TM .... can anyone tell me where I will find it, or is it just US fans who have received it ?
    This is the address when I hit reply tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com 
    pjl44 said:
    Zod said:

Interestingly, I think this is where years of goodwill (or lack thereof) correlate to the amount of slack given. Companies like TM and StubHub have operated for so long with an attitude of "yeah, well what are you gonna do about it, buddy" that I think a lot of customers have very little patience.

Baseball fans, for instance, are not having it. Lawsuit filed and they're seeking to make it a class-action.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29074691/mlb-fans-file-class-action-suit-ticket-refunds?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

I don't give stubhub slack.  I loathe scalping.   I've done ok with TM over the years.  The whole industry is so crooked, I don't put it all on TM.   Biggest gripes with them are the size of service fees, their monopoly like status, and the conflict interest when they allow ticket owners to resell directly on TM.   Still many of the things we loathe come outside TM too.    I bought my RATM Vancouver tickets from an independent called Ticketleader who manages to the old arena in Vancouver.   It wasn't any better or worse than TM.  Website was a bit more flaky.   Fee's were high like TM... meh.  I'm not refund those either.   If RATM makes up the date I would kick myself in the ass for not keeping the tickets.

I guess since all my tickets are bought at face value, I don't envy having to rebuy them if the events end up happening.  I'd rather wait it out, then sell, find out I still want to go, and rebuy. Especially since most of my tickets are decent.

If my money situation was tighter (or gets tighter) then maybe I'd press for a refund.  I want to see the shows I bought tickets for.  I feel it's better to wait and see.
    edited April 2020
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:
    Zod said:

I don't give stubhub slack.  I loathe scalping.   I've done ok with TM over the years.  The whole industry is so crooked, I don't put it all on TM.   Biggest gripes with them are the size of service fees, their monopoly like status, and the conflict interest when they allow ticket owners to resell directly on TM.   Still many of the things we loathe come outside TM too.    I bought my RATM Vancouver tickets from an independent called Ticketleader who manages to the old arena in Vancouver.   It wasn't any better or worse than TM.  Website was a bit more flaky.   Fee's were high like TM... meh.  I'm not refund those either.   If RATM makes up the date I would kick myself in the ass for not keeping the tickets.

I guess since all my tickets are bought at face value, I don't envy having to rebuy them if the events end up happening.  I'd rather wait it out, then sell, find out I still want to go, and rebuy. Especially since most of my tickets are decent.

If my money situation was tighter (or gets tighter) then maybe I'd press for a refund.  I want to see the shows I bought tickets for.  I feel it's better to wait and see.
    That's fine for you if you'd rather keep your tickets, but it's understandable that many people don't have that luxury and need a refund like yesterday.

Stubhub didn't invent scalping, it's just a distribution mechanism. The sellers can set the price above face, but I've also landed many last minute tickets on stubhub for way below face. Their fee structure is exorbitant, so I usually check the competitors (e.g., vivid) before pulling the trigger. Stubhub usually has the best selection though. 
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,842
    edited April 2020
    Avett Brothers rescheduled in Philly from June to Sept on a Thursday night. No way I can make it now but they are “not offering refunds for the event at this time”. How the hell can they do that? I can’t make the new date because lock down or not I work Thursday nights until midnight. I want my money. Also it’s difficult to not get angry at the artist, as irrational as that may be. 
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,770
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/dead-company-cancel-summer-2020-tour-987625/

Dead and Company Cancel Summer 2020 Tour

Jam band offers full refund for all tickets purchased, citing coronavirus safety concerns

SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:
    Zod said:

That's fine for you if you'd rather keep your tickets, but it's understandable that many people don't have that luxury and need a refund like yesterday.

Stubhub didn't invent scalping, it's just a distribution mechanism. The sellers can set the price above face, but I've also landed many last minute tickets on stubhub for way below face. Their fee structure is exorbitant, so I usually check the competitors (e.g., vivid) before pulling the trigger. Stubhub usually has the best selection though. 

I understand that Stubhub is basically an ebay for concerts (only earning the fees they charge).  I still loathe them for making scalping easier and more prevalent.   I never really got to participate in the event is about to start ticket price squeeze (where people stuck with tickets start discounting them close to showtime to ditch them).   I always have to travel to see things, so gambling a trip on a maybe ticket isn't ideal :(

I agree.  It sucks for people that really need their money back from their tickets.
  • cutz said:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/dead-company-cancel-summer-2020-tour-987625/

Dead and Company Cancel Summer 2020 Tour

Jam band offers full refund for all tickets purchased, citing coronavirus safety concerns

the older i get the more things hurt. this hurt. but good on them to outright cancel. shake it sugaree
    edited April 2020
    Zod said:
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:
    Zod said:

I understand that Stubhub is basically an ebay for concerts (only earning the fees they charge).  I still loathe them for making scalping easier and more prevalent.   I never really got to participate in the event is about to start ticket price squeeze (where people stuck with tickets start discounting them close to showtime to ditch them).   I always have to travel to see things, so gambling a trip on a maybe ticket isn't ideal :(

I agree.  It sucks for people that really need their money back from their tickets.
    It's exciting to get on a plane without tickets and then trying to find a good deal at the last minute. You should try it some time. I did that for Stanley Cup game 7 last year in Boston, among others. Had to see my Blues hoist the Cup! It was nerve wracking and prices were going up at the end instead of down, but that's the beauty of stubhub - - it allows fans to get into those types of events. And since people are going to scalp anyway, I'd much rather deal with stubhub then take my chances with some dude on the street. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
    For the record, I completely agree with SHZA on StubHub. If you use it right, you can get crazy deals more often than not. You just have to be able to tolerate the risk of paying up or skipping an event. I got into a Morrissey show for $20. Sat second row behind the pit for Black Keys for $40. Paid less than face for opening day loge box seats at Fenway 5 or 6 years in a row. It's GREAT for baseball tickets in smaller markets.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Agreed, you MUST wait til the last couple days (preferably hours) and not care if you cant go IME. I saw U2 in the club at Metlife for $25 each. I dont think ive ever paid more than $40 for a jets game.
    pjl44 said:
    For the record, I completely agree with SHZA on StubHub. If you use it right, you can get crazy deals more often than not. You just have to be able to tolerate the risk of paying up or skipping an event. I got into a Morrissey show for $20. Sat second row behind the pit for Black Keys for $40. Paid less than face for opening day loge box seats at Fenway 5 or 6 years in a row. It's GREAT for baseball tickets in smaller markets.
    Yes, great deals for Cardinals games, particularly during the week. Season ticket holders aren't going to 81 games so they put them on SH to recoup part of the cost. 
  • NSLNSL Posts: 293
    edited April 2020
    Post edited by NSL on
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
    2024-08-26 - Noblesville, IN
    So the 150% credit option is only for shows that were scheduled for Live Nation venues, which are mostly amphitheaters. 
  • SHZA said:
    So the 150% credit option is only for shows that were scheduled for Live Nation venues, which are mostly amphitheaters. 
    And only for cancelled shows. Part of me thinks that most shows will be rescheduled so the credit option won’t exist
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Following up on my post above:

I submitted refund requests on April 17.  I received a reply the next day saying that I would receive the refunds within 30 days.  I received the refunds yesterday, May 2, which was 15 days after the initial request.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.