Mint condition Constitution Hall Vinyl (sale pending)

2»

Comments

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    I have yet to have an issue shipping internationally (knock on wood) so I have no problem doing it. If I ever encounter a problem though, it may sour me on doing it going forward. Hopefully it doesn't come to any of that.
    There were no issues when I bought a whack of vinyl off you. I was a valued (and apparently somewhat “ignorant”) customer 😉
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I have yet to have an issue shipping internationally (knock on wood) so I have no problem doing it. If I ever encounter a problem though, it may sour me on doing it going forward. Hopefully it doesn't come to any of that.
    There were no issues when I bought a whack of vinyl off you. I was a valued (and apparently somewhat “ignorant”) customer 😉
    Yeah, our transaction was quite smooth, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. And I wasn't necessarily calling you ignorant. Even if I was, it's not always derogatory; just means lacking the complete knowledge of the situation. Which might apply to you, or anyone else not in the US for that matter, considering all non-US folks here are talking about international shipping being no big deal for them. No insult intended, all good here. :)
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Yeah, our transaction was quite smooth, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. And I wasn't necessarily calling you ignorant. Even if I was, it's not always derogatory; just means lacking the complete knowledge of the situation. Which might apply to you, or anyone else not in the US for that matter, considering all non-US folks here are talking about international shipping being no big deal for them. No insult intended, all good here. :)
    Haha.. I knew that and I was perhaps ignorant in the challenges of mailing from the US. It seems to be easier from Canada, even in very small centres.  Cheers 👍
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Horse2345 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Just fill them out online. You don’t have to leave your house to ship anything. 
    Can’t do first class international online anymore. Priority prices are prohibitively high.
    There are other companies that do online shipping that are reasonable.
    Which ones? Been looking but I hate opening so many accts. and putting in info. Tried Stamps.com, but didn’t want to give my CC number.
    I’ve never used them as I’m in Canada but i’ve had stuff shipped to me from sellers using  Shipthrifty and Pirateship and prices seemed reasonable.
    Thanks 
    Did you check out Pirate ship, theres a thread that talks about it on Facebook right now. You can chat with a rep and get them to add you to special import rate . They do the usps insurance claims for you also. Looks like this is the current rates.

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Not to grave dig, but felt the need to bring up the international shipping debate once again.

I shipped something to Italy last month, which has been in Milan customs for 2 weeks. Apparently, that is too long for the buyer to wait, since he opened a PP claim against me. So Italy is now on my blocked countries list. It's sometimes just not worth the headache.

And what are the chances that as soon as PP sides in his favor, which you know they will, it will instantly show as delivered.
  • randynesterrandynester Posts: 171
    Is that the benefit show from 98?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    We’re only discussing the merits and pitfalls of international shipping right now.  Please hold any music related questions until the end. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Not to grave dig, but felt the need to bring up the international shipping debate once again.

I shipped something to Italy last month, which has been in Milan customs for 2 weeks. Apparently, that is too long for the buyer to wait, since he opened a PP claim against me. So Italy is now on my blocked countries list. It's sometimes just not worth the headache.

And what are the chances that as soon as PP sides in his favor, which you know they will, it will instantly show as delivered.
    That really doesn’t have anything to do with international shipping, thats just some moron taking advantage of the situation in the world trying to get something for free.  People are waiting 2 weeks for stuff shipped within the same state. I have a package thats been sitting in my own city for two weeks and ups just keeps delaying delivery.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684

Italy for me is a big NO NO. Either buying or selling. But regarding looking for money back, I would wait much longer than 2 weeks. I got refunded by a 10c seller after about 6 weeks of waiting for my purchase. Guess what, about 6 months later (last friday) it tuned up. So I have as promised, repaid the seller. 

Sorry to jump on this, anyone know how to get in touch with USPS for missing packages. An Ames order has gone missing since April 6th, still showing it located in San Francisco and USPS seems to only offer assistance for US derstinations and not international shipments? 
    Kearnsy
    on2legs said:
    We’re only discussing the merits and pitfalls of international shipping right now.  Please hold any music related questions until the end. 
    You mean to tell me you typed out all that bullshit, when a simple YES or NO would have answered my question?

good luck with that. 🤦‍♂️
    on2legs said:
    You mean to tell me you typed out all that bullshit, when a simple YES or NO would have answered my question?

Rules are rules.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Kearn5y said:

Italy for me is a big NO NO. Either buying or selling. But regarding looking for money back, I would wait much longer than 2 weeks. I got refunded by a 10c seller after about 6 weeks of waiting for my purchase. Guess what, about 6 months later (last friday) it tuned up. So I have as promised, repaid the seller. 

Sorry to jump on this, anyone know how to get in touch with USPS for missing packages. An Ames order has gone missing since April 6th, still showing it located in San Francisco and USPS seems to only offer assistance for US derstinations and not international shipments? 
    Italy is notoriously bad to ship to, and when coupled with an impatient buyer, that makes it not worth the headache anymore. Also, I have absolutely NO intention of refunding, unless the item is actually missing, and even then I would open a claim with USPS first. Funny enough, the item just cleared customs, so we'll see what happens next with this guy.

As for your other question, international USPS claims need to be initiated by the sender. If you have the tracking number, you could try to call and ask for an inquiry at 800-222-1811.
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Rules are rules.

That response is too ignorant to dispute. Bless your heart.
    @randynester Yes, this is the pro-abortion benefit show from 1998.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    It is from the Voters for Choice benefit
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Rules are rules.

That response is too ignorant to dispute. Bless your heart.
    Somebody call security. 

I’m not opposed to shipping outside the US but much prefer a buyer in the US.  I don’t mind the extra paperwork but the longer the trip and the more steps involved in the process means more chances of the item going missing or getting damaged.