Who needs the vinyl single? Not me. Ten Club and band made good..now let's return the favor

vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
I'll probably be the only one who feels this way.

But, honestly, I don't need any more vinyl.  My ears work the same no matter the format.  

This band has been wonderful to us.  The Ten Club has been wonderful to us.

Tough times are here.  

Let's be a family.

Comments

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,872
    They are 3 years late and haven’t provided anything yet in terms of physical copies yet. We paid for these years ago, it’s a joke we waited this long. They should say thank you for taking our money 3 years ago and us being patient until they could get around to it. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    They are 3 years late and haven’t provided anything yet in terms of physical copies yet. We paid for these years ago, it’s a joke we waited this long. They should say thank you for taking our money 3 years ago and us being patient until they could get around to it. 
    Didn’t they address all of this yesterday? 
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    vaggar99 said:
    I'll probably be the only one who feels this way.

But, honestly, I don't need any more vinyl.  My ears work the same no matter the format.  

This band has been wonderful to us.  The Ten Club has been wonderful to us.

Tough times are here.  

Let's be a family.
    I'm okay to wait.  I sincerely thank PJ/10c for the communication yesterday, but I still want my physical single when it is pressed.  I'm not yelling and screaming about it.  But . . . when it materializes-- yes, I would like my copies.  If it reflects poorly on me, I'm okay with that. Someone has to be the black sheep.  I'm a middle child.  I'm used to it. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    They addressed it with more excuses. I’m not mad about it or losing sleep on it, more important things to worry about. But the OP wants us to thank the ten club ? Are you serious? They treated their paying fans poorly , we paid them 3 years ago for this. Do this, go pay for a meal at a local restaurant and then wait 3 years to actually get the food with no updates and See how many people want to thank that restaurant for the food. Might be a bad example but stop kissing their butt. They fucked up and should apologize and send everyone signed 3 D view finder that they just release. Whatever the fuck that is
    They addressed it with more excuses. I’m not mad about it or losing sleep on it, more important things to worry about. But the OP wants us to thank the ten club ? Are you serious? They treated their paying fans poorly , we paid them 3 years ago for this. Do this, go pay for a meal at a local restaurant and then wait 3 years to actually get the food with no updates and See how many people want to thank that restaurant for the food. Might be a bad example but stop kissing their butt. They fucked up and should apologize and send everyone signed 3 D view finder that they just release. Whatever the fuck that is
    You didn't have a Viewmaster as a kid? :confused:
    Haha. When I was 4 and it lost its appeal after 6 minutes. 
    Haha. When I was 4 and it lost its appeal after 6 minutes. 
    They had different disks to combat the problem of boredom. :lol:

Thread integrity- Thank you for the thought, OP, but no thank you. Please send the physical media when it is ready and the world has calmed. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Vinyl is wildly overrated. The music is what matters and I'm glad we have that. But...they do need to provide the records to those who paid the Analog price.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    I understand your point and I've felt the same way.  But really?  Do you really need that piece of plastic?  Let's face it, vinyl is kind of ridiculous.  It's really for people holding on to a time long past.  time to move on.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited April 2020
    JimmyV said:
    Vinyl is wildly overrated. The music is what matters and I'm glad we have that. But...they do need to provide the records to those who paid the Analog price.
    I disagree wholeheartedly. But you are entitled to your opinion. 
    There is nothing nostalgic or romantic about “Hey Google, Play Gigaton” and then proceeding to empty the dishwasher 😂
  • JimmyV said:
    There is nothing nostalgic or romantic about “Hey Google, Play Gigaton” and then proceeding to empty the dishwasher 😂
    Maybe not yet. But once we have Apple Chips or the iBrain where we just think of music and it plays in our ear canals, we might think, “hey, remember when we used have to tell a device to play the music... good times.” 
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    JimmyV said:
    I don't need the delivery mechanism for my music to be nostalgic or romantic. The easier it is to access and the less space it takes up, the better.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,185
    I never play singles, so they get here when they get here. Definitely want em though. Was kinda hoping they'd go a little above and beyond because of the delay but que sera sera.

Vinyl to me is a little romantic but mostly about owning a physical copy of the music. With streaming services, you're at the mercy of whatever selections/versions they give you and you miss out on the booklet/artwork. I'm glad I have digital files, but I realllllly regret selling all my CDs back years ago.
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 220
    I’m just wondering why 10c can easily push out a silly little 3D viewer children’s toy, but have trouble pushing out an already paid for 10c single us fans have already paid for 3 years ago. 🤔 
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    I don't need the delivery mechanism for my music to be nostalgic or romantic. The easier it is to access and the less space it takes up, the better.
    Once again, you are entitled to your opinion. I do need the delivery mechanism. It includes the hunt for the record, opening it up and looking at the artwork and the liner notes... my ritual for storing each new album. 

Do I have Sirius in my truck for highly compressed versions when I drive, sure. But the difference in sound on the turntable with my HiFi system is very noticeable. 
    pjl44 said:
    I never play singles, so they get here when they get here. Definitely want em though. Was kinda hoping they'd go a little above and beyond because of the delay but que sera sera.

Vinyl to me is a little romantic but mostly about owning a physical copy of the music. With streaming services, you're at the mercy of whatever selections/versions they give you and you miss out on the booklet/artwork. I'm glad I have digital files, but I realllllly regret selling all my CDs back years ago.
    Bingo. And I’m starting to grab all the CDs again while they are cheap. CD nostalgia will be the next thing. 
    pjl44 said:

Bingo. And I’m starting to grab all the CDs again while they are cheap. CD nostalgia will be the next thing. 
    I really should start doing this but it feels so daunting. There's so much random shit that I can't find streaming anywhere aside from YouTube on occasion. I would kill to have some of those CDs back.
    edited April 2020
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

I really should start doing this but it feels so daunting. There's so much random shit that I can't find streaming anywhere aside from YouTube on occasion. I would kill to have some of those CDs back.
    Good record stores have loads of used CDs. If you are just getting back in you won’t have a problem finding some of your old treasures.
    I still mostly buy the wax... but I’ll grab a couple of CDs and throw them in a box. Don’t even own a CD player outside of my truck.  Cassettes and 8-tracks? Not there yet, but maybe someday lol
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    Careful someone might file a lawsuit against you for that kind of talk 
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    JimmyV said:
    How many times do I have to tell you to stop stalking me and then telling the whole world what I’m doing?  SMDH. 
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Im grateful for all the new music.  the vinyl will come in time.   
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    vaggar99 said:
    I understand your point and I've felt the same way.  But really?  Do you really need that piece of plastic?  Let's face it, vinyl is kind of ridiculous.  It's really for people holding on to a time long past.  time to move on.
    You mean what I already paid for 3 years ago? Then Yes.
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Good record stores have loads of used CDs. If you are just getting back in you won’t have a problem finding some of your old treasures.
    I still mostly buy the wax... but I’ll grab a couple of CDs and throw them in a box. Don’t even own a CD player outside of my truck.  Cassettes and 8-tracks? Not there yet, but maybe someday lol
    Oh...was on vacation a couple years ago and these were 3 bucks each in a thrift store. Couldn't resist.

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,946
    As ridiculous as the post was about calling the Attorney General, this thread is equally ridiculous.  

The singles need to be sent once it’s safe and practical to do so. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    on2legs said:
    As ridiculous as the post was about calling the Attorney General, this thread is equally ridiculous.  

They can keep mine.
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Oh...was on vacation a couple years ago and these were 3 bucks each in a thrift store. Couldn't resist.

Those are fackin sweet! Look like in excellent condition. Nice score.  
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those are fackin sweet! Look like in excellent condition. Nice score.  
    Thanks! They're all in great shape. I left an Ummagumma that was cracked. Under $20 for desk ornaments seemed reasonable enough.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,946
    vaggar99 said:
    on2legs said:

They can keep mine.
    That’s cool.  Email them and let them know. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    I’m excited to get the 7 inches!  I love the songs choices. I love spinning 45s. I love the way vinyl sounds way more than digital. 
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,044
    JimmyV said:
     I do need the delivery mechanism. It includes the hunt for the record, opening it up and looking at the artwork and the liner notes... my ritual for storing each new album. 

Yep!!! Love rolling into record shops and just spending a couple hours in there going through albums... Finding a few, getting home, pouring a beverage, and just exploring the album as a whole. Yeah I do digital, just makes sense to have everything you enjoy in one place but exploring an album in it's physical capacity is an experience in it's own right.... Good shit....

1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby