Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    edited January 24
    Biden
    Kat said:
    Great news. :)

Breaking: Jon Stewart is returning to The Daily Show as host ahead of the 2024 election. https://axios.com/2024/01/24/jon-stewart-daily-show-host-return-election
    WOW!  That is awesome news!  I will finally start watching it again.  

The talent that was on that show was just off the charts.  Colbert, Carrell, Ed Helms, Samantha Bee, it was really amazing and hilarious every single night. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    Biden
    Kat said:
    Great news. :)

Breaking: Jon Stewart is returning to The Daily Show as host ahead of the 2024 election. https://axios.com/2024/01/24/jon-stewart-daily-show-host-return-election

Yay! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    Biden
    It looks like it'll be only on Mondays but at least it's something positive. His years on The Daily Show were never to be missed for sure. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Biden
    Kat said:
    It looks like it'll be only on Mondays but at least it's something positive. His years on The Daily Show were never to be missed for sure. :)

Yay!!! Thanks for heads up :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    JesseMcKJesseMcK Maine Posts: 42
    edited January 25
    I wish Jon Stewart was a little bit dumber so he could be convinced to run for president.
    Post edited by JesseMcK on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    Biden
    JesseMcK said:
    I wish Jon Stewart was a little but dumber so he could be convinced to run for president.
    trump has "a good brain", so why is he running? lol
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 355
    edited January 25
    Trump
    I guess trump. If the Democrats would replace Biden with a moderate Democrat then I would vote Democrat.

I would never have thought I would vote for trump. I truely have disliked him even back when he was a democrat. Unfortunately here we are. 
    Post edited by smile6680 on
  • Options
    Biden
    smile6680 said:
    I guess trump. If the Democrats would replace Biden with a moderate Democrat then I would vote Democrat.

I would never have thought I would vote for trump. I truely have disliked him even back when he was a democrat. Unfortunately here we are. 
    GDP too high?  Unemployment too low?  Biden is a moderate Democrat.  Trump is a radically right Republican.  
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    Biden
    Biden not moderate enough :dizzy:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    ‘Biden’s not moderate enough so I’m voting for trump’ is just precious. 
  • Options
    Trump
    mrussel1 said:
    smile6680 said:

GDP too high?  Unemployment too low?  Biden is a moderate Democrat.  Trump is a radically right Republican.  
    Biden WAS a moderate Democrat.  I made it clear that I would rather vote for someone other than Trump. I truly wonder who is making Bidens decisions currently. I also believe he isn't fit to run the country for four more years.

Trump is a narcisist who would be radical left if that group would give him the attention he seeks. Just to be clear. I think Trump is a horrible human being.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    smile6680 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    smile6680 said:

Biden WAS a moderate Democrat.  I made it clear that I would rather vote for someone other than Trump. I truly wonder who is making Bidens decisions currently. I also believe he isn't fit to run the country for four more years.

Trump is a narcisist who would be radical left if that group would give him the attention he seeks. Just to be clear. I think Trump is a horrible human being.
    What or which policies of the Brandon administration are too liberal or not moderate enough? What indicates that Brandon is not fit to run the country for 4 more years? Other than the obvious of age, which doesn’t seem to be an issue at this point as it relates to his ability to accomplish things. Are you voting RFK JR. or another candidate in the primary and general?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Trump
    I guess. It's tough being a moderate in today's world. The only way to balance things out is to vote for the other side when I see things going to far in one direction or the other. I'ts why I voted for Biden last time. I was hoping that this time around we would have better/new candidates. 

I guess I can hope Haley gets nominated or Biden/the Democratic party decides to have someone replace him. 
  • Options
    Trump
    Honest question. Do you believe Biden is mentally and physically capable of doing this job for the next almost 5 years?

I get that you would rather have him than Trump. I get that. You may be right.I  just want to know what you think of Bidens ability to do the job for another term.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    smile6680 said:
    I guess. It's tough being a moderate in today's world. The only way to balance things out is to vote for the other side when I see things going to far in one direction or the other. I'ts why I voted for Biden last time. I was hoping that this time around we would have better/new candidates. 

I guess I can hope Haley gets nominated or Biden/the Democratic party decides to have someone replace him. 
    Two reasons I don’t think you’re a moderate. 1. You think Biden isn’t moderate. 2. You’re going to vote for Trump. 
  • Options
    Biden
    smile6680 said:

Two reasons I don’t think you’re a moderate. 1. You think Biden isn’t moderate. 2. You’re going to vote for Trump. 
    definitely not a moderate. 

nobody voting trump is a moderate.

also, anybody that saw how trump performed while in office and said "yeah i want more of that" is not a moderate.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Biden
    "everything sucks right now. i am going to vote for the fascist that wants revenge for himself rather than the guy that is trying to help the most people."

• Options
    Trump
    smile6680 said:

Biden was a moderate for a long time. I actually would even say he voted  more like moderate Republican for decades. He and Bernie Sanders would have lively debates about a lot of things. Especially over health care for all. 

The Joe Biden that has become VP and now President is nothing like the Senator Joe Biden. Look at his voting record and statements he has made in the past. I would imagine you would agree with that.

I get why you don't believe me. You don't know me, the internet is full people pretending to something they are not just to get people upset, and saying that i'm leaning towards voting for Trump. The world of politics sucks right now. 
  • Options
    Biden
    smile6680 said:
    Honest question. Do you believe Biden is mentally and physically capable of doing this job for the next almost 5 years?

I get that you would rather have him than Trump. I get that. You may be right.I  just want to know what you think of Bidens ability to do the job for another term.
    Capable for the next 5?  I don't know.  But I think he's more capable than Trump who is showing significant decline as well.  So if both are suboptimal,  which they are,  you still have to make a choice.  

Your statement about "who is running the country" makes me curious on where you get your information.  That talking point is prevalent on the right where they think Obama is really in charge.  If you think that,  well then you definitely should vote for Biden. 

BTW, Biden's position on Ukraine and supporting Israel should be all the clue you need to know whether he's a moderate or a progressive. 
  • Options
    edited January 26
    smile6680 said:

So the hang up w/ Biden has changed from ‘he’s not moderate enough’ to ‘he’s not physically or mentally capable’? 

Got it. 
    Unfortunately him & trump are going to be our choices, and yes, I believe Biden is a more capable president than trump in pretty much every way possible. Biden’s negative attributes don’t exist in a vacuum, and I’m not willing to ignore trump’s criminality. Seems like a no brainer to me. 
  • Options
    edited January 26
    Trump
    mrussel1 said:
    smile6680 said:

Capable for the next 5?  I don't know.  But I think he's more capable than Trump who is showing significant decline as well.  So if both are suboptimal,  which they are,  you still have to make a choice.  

Your statement about "who is running the country" makes me curious on where you get your information.  That talking point is prevalent on the right where they think Obama is really in charge.  If you think that,  well then you definitely should vote for Biden. 

BTW, Biden's position on Ukraine and supporting Israel should be all the clue you need to know whether he's a moderate or a progressive. 
    I agree with everything you said. The Ukraine and Israel situations have way more layers than an onion. A lot of politicians are grand standing on those two issues.

As far as the running the country statement. It goes back to what I've said about Biden. He is not even close to the politician he used to be. I just wish he would realize that and have someone else run in his place. I truly believe a different Democrate nominee would crush Trump.  It's a bad situation we are in. 
  • Options
    edited January 26
    Trump
    smile6680 said:

So the hang up w/ Biden has changed from ‘he’s not moderate enough’ to ‘he’s not physically or mentally capable’? 

Got it. 
    Unfortunately him & trump are going to be our choices, and yes, I believe Biden is a more capable president than trump in pretty much every way possible. Biden’s negative attributes don’t exist in a vacuum, and I’m not willing to ignore trump’s criminality. Seems like a no brainer to me. 
    Fair enough. You may be correct. One of the main reasons I'm considering Biden is because I don't have any Idea how Trump is going to fill his cabinet with even close to qualified people.
  • Options
    Trump
    smile6680 said:

Got it. 
    Sorry to quote you twice on the same statement you made. Just to be clear. I wasn't trying to "change" why I have reservations about voting for Biden. I was just giving more thoughts on it.
  • Options
    Trump
    smile6680 said:

also, anybody that saw how trump performed while in office and said "yeah i want more of that" is not a moderate.
    I'm at least trying to have a conversation. If you are going to say that I'm not a moderate. How can I possibly prove it. I guess I'll move along. 

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    smile6680 said:
    smile6680 said:

Biden was a moderate for a long time. I actually would even say he voted  more like moderate Republican for decades. He and Bernie Sanders would have lively debates about a lot of things. Especially over health care for all. 

The Joe Biden that has become VP and now President is nothing like the Senator Joe Biden. Look at his voting record and statements he has made in the past. I would imagine you would agree with that.

I get why you don't believe me. You don't know me, the internet is full people pretending to something they are not just to get people upset, and saying that i'm leaning towards voting for Trump. The world of politics sucks right now. 
    I can look at the last 3 years to determine he’s a moderate. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    smile6680 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    smile6680 said:

I agree with everything you said. The Ukraine and Israel situations have way more layers than an onion. A lot of politicians are grand standing on those two issues.

As far as the running the country statement. It goes back to what I've said about Biden. He is not even close to the politician he used to be. I just wish he would realize that and have someone else run in his place. I truly believe a different Democrate nominee would crush Trump.  It's a bad situation we are in. 
    smile6680 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    smile6680 said:

It’s only a “bad situation” if you help elect POOTWH.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options
    Biden
    smile6680 said:
    smile6680 said:

I'm at least trying to have a conversation. If you are going to say that I'm not a moderate. How can I possibly prove it. I guess I'll move along. 

don't move along. just be very aware of what you will be getting if you support trump and he wins. it will be the exact same as before, but further right and more lawless, and more cruel. 

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    Biden
    "everything sucks right now. i am going to vote for the fascist that wants revenge for himself rather than the guy that is trying to help the most people."
    Right? There are no "moderates" who believe this. At least not the one's who've been paying attention for the last 9 years. 

I also find it funny that he thinks Biden is too far on the left...if that's true why are so many progressives and liberals upset with him? lol
    chinese-happy.jpg