Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Biden
    Give me something objective, not some conservative website.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,886
    Biden

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,099
    edited October 2020
    I'm sitting this one out

Hehe. Eddie is in the doc. So what, they took a chance and tried to contact him? :D

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000175-72c2-dc1a-a5f7-fae72f290000

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,947
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I find it interesting that some view having a 401K as being a sign of someone being wealthy or upper middle class.  My wife and I work in the used book business.   We make about what the average income is for a couple in the U.S. in a state with a higher than average cost of living.  And that is late in our working years, as high as we'll ever go in our kind of small business in podunk Placerville, California.  We have a 401K.  Does that make us upper middle class? 
    :lol: 
    not necessarily, but if the stat that someone posted is true, that only 32% of americans have one, that would suggest it is mostly those with more disposable income than those without. 

True, but you have to remember that many people who complain the loudest about not having enough money think nothing of buying a  $4 or $5 latte mocha fudge hoo haa beverage at Starbucks every morning on their way to work.  The majority of Americans are clueless about personal finance, budgeting and making their money stretch.  The smart thing to do would be to teach high school kids personal finance.  That's one of the thousand things my wife wants to do in her "retirement".
    also a big emphasis not on just academics, but sewing and cooking and art and real life things that not all kids get to learn at home. not everyone is going to be an accountant. i'm glad some schools and divisions are starting to realize this. 
    Isn't that just home ec classes. We had those when I was in Jr. High. We had to learn cooking and sewing. Also had what they called industrial arts. I made a plexiglass ashtray :)

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    lol yeah KingD any day now any day! Glad you can look in mirror and be ok with standing with a Covidiot corrupt vile racist human with no moral compass at all, who has stood by and watched 230 thousand Americans die from C19 with more deaths keep piling up every day..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I find it interesting that some view having a 401K as being a sign of someone being wealthy or upper middle class.  My wife and I work in the used book business.   We make about what the average income is for a couple in the U.S. in a state with a higher than average cost of living.  And that is late in our working years, as high as we'll ever go in our kind of small business in podunk Placerville, California.  We have a 401K.  Does that make us upper middle class? 
    not necessarily, but if the stat that someone posted is true, that only 32% of americans have one, that would suggest it is mostly those with more disposable income than those without. 

True, but you have to remember that many people who complain the loudest about not having enough money think nothing of buying a  $4 or $5 latte mocha fudge hoo haa beverage at Starbucks every morning on their way to work.  The majority of Americans are clueless about personal finance, budgeting and making their money stretch.  The smart thing to do would be to teach high school kids personal finance.  That's one of the thousand things my wife wants to do in her "retirement".
    also a big emphasis not on just academics, but sewing and cooking and art and real life things that not all kids get to learn at home. not everyone is going to be an accountant. i'm glad some schools and divisions are starting to realize this. 
    Isn't that just home ec classes. We had those when I was in Jr. High. We had to learn cooking and sewing. Also had what they called industrial arts. I made a plexiglass ashtray :)

Yeah, and electrical and metal too.

I’m fortunate that my dad taught me about saving at an early age (“Even a dollar a week!”) and I had a bank account at 16.

I’ve always believed that if you learn a trade, you’re set for life. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Some of these points are propaganda that put the blame on the poor.   Some are legit.   I 100% agree that real personal financial economics should be mandatory in all high schools.  Expecting people that know nothing about personal finance to know how to handle money is like expecting someone with no training to build a house without blue prints.   As important as it is to teach people to dream it is equally as important to teach kids economics.  My wife and I both came from poor people and knew nothing about economics and had to learn a lot the hard way.   Since then we have paid off debts and created a monthly budget so we can still afford our lattes and avocado toast.   The main oppressive thing for us at this point is the student loans...we have both already paid off as much as we initially borrowed and still owe just under what we initially borrowed, compounding interest on federally backed student loans is, well, it’s  the kind of thing a slime bag like trump would think is good business.   I think no interest loans  or loans with no compounding interest would help on that front.  Something for sure needs to be done about the cost of higher education for low income people and the federal student loan situation should be reigned in and not looked at like a revenue raising tool.  Don’t get me started on the high cost of living and the reality of oppressive wages.

If Biden gets elected and does nothing but forgive student loans for people making less than $125000 a year and lessens the debt burden for others making over that threshold, that alone will do a lot to fixing this jacked economy.

As for not being taught personal finance as a reason for not saving money, I'm not sure that can totally hold water.  Isn't it also a matter of common sense to conserve what one has?  If you go for a ten mile hike in the desert and you drink all your water in the first mile, isn't that a sign of lacking common sense?  Or isn't expecting someone to show up out of the blue with a water bottle for you a sign of not taking personal responsibility?

I like a lot about Biden, but I'm not sure about the forgiving of student loans thing.  I think that I would want that to be on an individual basis.  Did the student make a good effort to do well in school or was this just an excuse to get away from mom and dad and party?  Did the student use their loan money wisely, or were they frivolous with their spending.  In other words, I think there also has to be some personal accounting as well.  Again, these are issues regarding personal responsibility, a characteristic that does not seem to garner much favor with many Americans today.
    Imagine going on that same hike through the desert not knowing what hiking through a desert was and not knowing that you only had one bottle of water.  The only way to learn would be the hard way.  Personal responsibility only goes as far as a persons education on any given topic.  

As far as means tested programs, that’s just a way around creating a universal policy with a personal responsibility shield. Not far off from the Republican bootstraps myth or the Reagan myth of the Welfare Queen.  Like James Baldwin said, anyone that has ever struggled with poverty knows how extremely expensive it is to be poor.

Well, let's put it this way- I am no where near as callous about poverty as a typical right wing person, but also not as prone to going along with  the idea of throwing money at problems the way many liberals are.  Throwing money at problems does not get to the root of the problem. 

In most ways, I am far more progressive than not, but in this case, I see myself as what some would call "conservative".  But I see it as being more logical and pragmatic.   And I do not see so many things in black and white/ all or nothing the way some right wing and some liberal people do.
    I don't know if you would consider my attitude callous or not, but I don't think many are. They just get irritated by what you sort of described you don't want to see. That behavior of no accountability and being bailed out.
    I worked in South Central LA for 4 years. It was an extremely poor area where 98% of the student qualified for free lunch. I literally had parents tell me they can't do homework because they can't afford pencils and paper etc, but then come to school with chips and soda from the liquor store, or a latte from Starbucks, and the newest iphone.
    And its not just those in poverty that are careless with money, but no one really cares if you make 200k a year and spent $10 a day on Starbucks. I've had plenty of friends in my 20s and 30s that would go out to eat several times a week, or to bars. Some even continue after they lost jobs and were on unemployment. Hard to feel bad for those people too when they say they're short on rent. 

Sorry mace, I didn't mean you are callous.  Bad choice of words, sorry!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Biden
    So Hunter is probably not going to be secy of state?  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Biden
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dumber by the day.  This one is classic Donnie.  He said this at a campaign stop in Arizona yesterday:

“In California, you have a special mask. You cannot under any circumstances take it off. You have to eat through the mask,” Trump said. “It’s a very complex mechanism, and they don’t realize those germs, they go through it like nothing. They look at you with that contraption and they say that’s an easy one, I’m going right through with the food.”

“Now, how about California, though, where you’re supposed to eat with the mask, can’t take it off,” he continued. “You see people and boy, you know, when you have spaghetti and meat sauce, that mask is not looking — you walk out, it looks like you got into a fight with [UFC President] Dana White.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-latest-whopper-california-requires-224753761.html

@brianlux Can you please post a photo of your "special mask?"

Hey there, McG.  Honestly, I don't remember saying anything about a special mask.   But if you say I did, I can believe it, lol!  All the masks I have are very ordinary- 3 black cloth, 1 blue cloth, and a regular light blue hospital looking thing. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dumber by the day.  This one is classic Donnie.  He said this at a campaign stop in Arizona yesterday:

“In California, you have a special mask. You cannot under any circumstances take it off. You have to eat through the mask,” Trump said. “It’s a very complex mechanism, and they don’t realize those germs, they go through it like nothing. They look at you with that contraption and they say that’s an easy one, I’m going right through with the food.”

“Now, how about California, though, where you’re supposed to eat with the mask, can’t take it off,” he continued. “You see people and boy, you know, when you have spaghetti and meat sauce, that mask is not looking — you walk out, it looks like you got into a fight with [UFC President] Dana White.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-latest-whopper-california-requires-224753761.html

@brianlux Can you please post a photo of your "special mask?"

Hey there, McG.  Honestly, I don't remember saying anything about a special mask.   But if you say I did, I can believe it, lol!  All the masks I have are very ordinary- 3 black cloth, 1 blue cloth, and a regular light blue hospital looking thing. 
    No bri you are from California so I wanted to see that “special mask” Trump is talking about. I know you didn’t say anything about a special mask. Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    mcgruff10 said:
    Give me something objective, not some conservative website.  
    That’s the f b I stating the case is open 
    it’s not made up news 

• Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    lol yeah KingD any day now any day! Glad you can look in mirror and be ok with standing with a Covidiot corrupt vile racist human with no moral compass at all, who has stood by and watched 230 thousand Americans die from C19 with more deaths keep piling up every day..
    Who’s the crook?
    the guy who made millions off diff countries while v p
    no one in the Biden campaign has denied the emails or text etc
    but the media plus giving him a pass
    if joe didn’t do any of this 
    why not do an interview to clear his name 
    he won’t because he knows it all true 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    Biden
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

it's a whole range of things. no, it's not the same as home ec from junior high. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    Who’s the crook?
    Yet he is the one that has all of his tax records out for all to see.  If there was wrongdoing it would be easy for anyone to see. Meanwhile cult 45 just can’t release his taxes...wonder why that is?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Jack Nicklas voted for Trump...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Biden
    a white rich golfer voting for a racist? gee, didn't see that one coming. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Biden
    I am white and a golfer and voted for Biden today.   Nicklaus had done a ton for charity over the years and is a class act guy.  Surprised he would support Trump but I don’t think it is because of him being rich.
  • Options
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I am white and a golfer and voted for Biden today.   Nicklaus had done a ton for charity over the years and is a class act guy.  Surprised he would support Trump but I don’t think it is because of him being rich.
    but are you rich?  Yes, agree he is a class act.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    *was
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,947
    Biden
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

it's a whole range of things. no, it's not the same as home ec from junior high. 
    Ok. Cool. I don’t have kids so I don’t know much about school these days. It’s cool that they are getting to learn a variety of skills. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Biden
    One fucking asswipe fossil sticking up for another.
    Dinosaurs.
    We will all be better when they are extinct.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Who’s the crook?
    Because it lends credence to a completely made up fabrication to smear him a week before the election. Are people really this gullible? If Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden did do this, where is CYA Barr and the appointment of a Special Counsel to investigate or better yet, a duel investigative track with Lindsey Flimsy Flip Flop Faloozy Graham’s senate intelligence committee? Because it’s all total bullshit and you fell for it. Down the Q rabbit hole we go.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/how-fake-persona-laid-groundwork-hunter-biden-conspiracy-deluge-n1245387
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    Who’s the crook?
    So wait Jeremy.  If he made millions while VP, they are not on his taxes.  Therefore he has committed tax evasion which is a federal crime.  Doesn't it strike you as odd that the DOJ hasn't charged him with tax evasion?  And to your last point, he emphatically called it a lie at the debate.  
  • Options
    Biden
    I love Jack.  I'm from Ohio and am a Buckeye through and through.  It doesn't surprise me that Jack supports him.  I'm also a white golfer.  Doesn't matter. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Biden
    You still love him?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    In case Trump wins...we are preparing.

Image may contain text that says TODAY Canada starts construction of the wall at the US border
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Biden
    i know loads of white golfers. rich professional ones are the ones I'm talking about. pretty sure there's a pretty steep racial history in the sport. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    I love Jack.  I'm from Ohio and am a Buckeye through and through.  It doesn't surprise me that Jack supports him.  I'm also a white golfer.  Doesn't matter. 
    i was obviously not referring to those who golf as a hobby. come on. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com