TICKETMASTER won't refund ticket purchases, not until shows are canceled or rescheduled?

2»

Comments

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    jongreer said:
    On my end, Ticketmaster practices are seeming a bit more problematic.  I sold a set of tickets on March 3rd before the shows were cancelled.  Ticketmaster takes their time with payment, and now they (Gilberto is Ticketmaster rep) are saying the following:

-------------------------

Gilberto"I'm sorry you have not got paid so let me look into the sale for you.

the reason is because...Please understand your payment is currently on hold while we are waiting to determine if your event is going to be canceled or postponed. In order to provide you with as much information as we can, we have created a portal that will be updated with changes to the status of all impacted events, so feel free to check back often.

9:15 AM

ME - Event status is irrelevant. I sold the tickets so now someone else owns them.9:16 AM

GilbertoYES you are correct and the event is postponed so the buyer can call in at anytime an request a refund on the order and you will not get paid for the sale but do not see that the buyer has done so yet.9:17 AM

ME - But they already paid you. That is between them and you. Now you have both of our payments.9:19 AM

Gilbertoyes but since the event is postponed that is why have not gotten paid your funds like I mentioned prior.....Please understand your payment is currently on hold while we are waiting to determine if your event is going to be canceled or postponed. In order to provide you with as much information as we can, we have created a portal that will be updated with changes to the status of all impacted events, so feel free to check back often.9:20 AM

ME - If they have paid you, then you have been paid twice for the same seat. That is not fair to hold that money. You should hold for them and pay me.9:21 AM

GilbertoI really do apologize but until a new day is announced, your payment will not go through if indeed the buyer does not call in to get a refund for the event.9:22 AM

Anyone else having this problem?  Is there something I am missing or should Ticketmaster be paying the seller and keeping their refund relationship with the buyer?  They forced me to sell through their system and now I don't have a ticket or my money.
    Everyone is having the same problem. Basically they don't want to pay it in case the event is eventually canceled and the seller no longer has a valid credit card to charge to refund the buyer. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,524
    SHZA said:
    jongreer said:
    On my end, Ticketmaster practices are seeming a bit more problematic.  I sold a set of tickets on March 3rd before the shows were cancelled.  Ticketmaster takes their time with payment, and now they (Gilberto is Ticketmaster rep) are saying the following:

the reason is because...Please understand your payment is currently on hold while we are waiting to determine if your event is going to be canceled or postponed. In order to provide you with as much information as we can, we have created a portal that will be updated with changes to the status of all impacted events, so feel free to check back often.

ME - Event status is irrelevant. I sold the tickets so now someone else owns them.9:16 AM

GilbertoYES you are correct and the event is postponed so the buyer can call in at anytime an request a refund on the order and you will not get paid for the sale but do not see that the buyer has done so yet.9:17 AM

ME - But they already paid you. That is between them and you. Now you have both of our payments.9:19 AM

Gilbertoyes but since the event is postponed that is why have not gotten paid your funds like I mentioned prior.....Please understand your payment is currently on hold while we are waiting to determine if your event is going to be canceled or postponed. In order to provide you with as much information as we can, we have created a portal that will be updated with changes to the status of all impacted events, so feel free to check back often.9:20 AM

ME - If they have paid you, then you have been paid twice for the same seat. That is not fair to hold that money. You should hold for them and pay me.9:21 AM

GilbertoI really do apologize but until a new day is announced, your payment will not go through if indeed the buyer does not call in to get a refund for the event.9:22 AM

Anyone else having this problem?  Is there something I am missing or should Ticketmaster be paying the seller and keeping their refund relationship with the buyer?  They forced me to sell through their system and now I don't have a ticket or my money.
    Everyone is having the same problem. Basically they don't want to pay it in case the event is eventually canceled and the seller no longer has a valid credit card to charge to refund the buyer. 
    Yah, I think this nuance is definitely causing issues.  People are assuming once they sold their ticket, that it's now between TM and the new buyer.   It's not entirely accurate.  You sold your ticket to the new buyer, so it's between you and the buyer.  Buyer request a refund, you're responsible for paying it to them.

Then if you want a refund, you have to request it from TM once you have the tickets back.

It all makes sense when you look at it through a reseller prism.  TM doesn't want to be on the hook for the inflated amount.   It's only when everything is being done at face value, that it makes everything look wonky.

PJ is the only band that's doing this locked down to face value thing, so I'm not sure TM is going to tweak it once all this crap passes.   Retooling the existing system for a small tour by a single band probably made more economic sense, then spending resources creating something new for one tour by one band.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    If PJ ever uses TM again they are nuts. Dont play in mud with pigs, pigs like it.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    There is a separate thread on this.  It is not justified and does not make sense.  There’s no excuse for it and someone needs to be accountable.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    RS65573 said:
    If PJ ever uses TM again they are nuts. Dont play in mud with pigs, pigs like it.
    They tried boycotting TM before and it didn't work. Why would this time be any different? 
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Zod said:
    SHZA said:
    jongreer said:

Yah, I think this nuance is definitely causing issues.  People are assuming once they sold their ticket, that it's now between TM and the new buyer.   It's not entirely accurate.  You sold your ticket to the new buyer, so it's between you and the buyer.  Buyer request a refund, you're responsible for paying it to them.

Then if you want a refund, you have to request it from TM once you have the tickets back.

It all makes sense when you look at it through a reseller prism.  TM doesn't want to be on the hook for the inflated amount.   It's only when everything is being done at face value, that it makes everything look wonky.

PJ is the only band that's doing this locked down to face value thing, so I'm not sure TM is going to tweak it once all this crap passes.   Retooling the existing system for a small tour by a single band probably made more economic sense, then spending resources creating something new for one tour by one band.
    Honestly what TM is doing is complete bullshit and they're only thinking about themselves right now when they should be showing their customers some compassion during these times where everyone is feeling the pinch financially. 

I could understand them taking this stance if we used another vendors platform to resell these tickets, but this is THEIR platform we're using to resell these tickets and at face value no less! To me, this should be a no brainer for them to manage, unless they're trying to sell us on the idea that their system isn't sophisticated enough to track the transaction history of tickets sold through their OWN platform, which I have a hard time believing.

From my perspective, the funds should've been immediately sent to seller of the tickets on the F2F platform once the buyer clicked the purchase button, especially when you factor in that the tickets get transferred immediately to buyer once the transaction is approved. At that point, the seller should be out of the equation and TM should be able to easily verify the new owner of the ticket via some type of digital footprint should there be a cancellation and the new buyer request a refund. Simple.  

I mean what happens if someone who bought tickets through the F2F platform wants a refund and the original seller either doesn't have the money to refund because of financial circumstances out of their control, or worse, they ghost you and it takes forever trying to get your money back? I can almost bet that this is going to happen and make everything even messier to deal with than it already is. 
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,361
    I decided to request a refund for my Baltimore tickets a few days before Ticketmaster changed their stance. They said I would get my money back within 30 days. I’m beginning to doubt I’ll ever see it with the most recent news. 
    Zod said:
    SHZA said:
    jongreer said:

Honestly what TM is doing is complete bullshit and they're only thinking about themselves right now when they should be showing their customers some compassion during these times where everyone is feeling the pinch financially. 

I could understand them taking this stance if we used another vendors platform to resell these tickets, but this is THEIR platform we're using to resell these tickets and at face value no less! To me, this should be a no brainer for them to manage, unless they're trying to sell us on the idea that their system isn't sophisticated enough to track the transaction history of tickets sold through their OWN platform, which I have a hard time believing.

From my perspective, the funds should've been immediately sent to seller of the tickets on the F2F platform once the buyer clicked the purchase button, especially when you factor in that the tickets get transferred immediately to buyer once the transaction is approved. At that point, the seller should be out of the equation and TM should be able to easily verify the new owner of the ticket via some type of digital footprint should there be a cancellation and the new buyer request a refund. Simple.  

I mean what happens if someone who bought tickets through the F2F platform wants a refund and the original seller either doesn't have the money to refund because of financial circumstances out of their control, or worse, they ghost you and it takes forever trying to get your money back? I can almost bet that this is going to happen and make everything even messier to deal with than it already is. 
    Lol. Compassion doesn't help the bottom line. They don't care whether you like it. You'll be back because they're the only game in town. 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    jongreer said:

Yeah, there's a few of us.  It's criminal that TM is able to hold us hostage for money when we've already sold our tickets.  I understand that the even has been postponed, but as you said, that's not our problem. It's between TM and the buyer