Comments

• nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    Big East no fans 
    nba
    nhl
    mlb

livenation about to suspend all concerts for the rest of the month
    New York State banning gatherings over 500 people

the writing was on the wall for the allmans and the promoters succumbed to greed while putting thousands at risk. 

I chose to not risk it and it cost me hundreds. 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    edited March 2020
    nycrats said:
    nycrats said:
    nycrats said:
    The Allman brothers 50th anniversary show
    Happy to say I was there.  Awesome time at The Garden.  Lots of good people and a tremendous 4 hour show (well, 3:45 or so if you eliminate the intermission). Good times.  

Right after show ended, they were breaking down the stage for the Big East Tournament tonight through Sunday.  
    I sold my tickets for pennies on the dollar after they would t refund me. I no doubt think it was an amazing time, but I have the start of a cold, and I couldn’t be so cavalier as to go to an event that has a high percentage  of folks 60+ years old and wonder if maybe I had “it” and could pass it on. 

While normally there shouldn’t be a refund, I view this as greed in an unprecedented lifetime event.  A week from now there may be NO live events and everyone knows it.  Last nights event put a lot of people at risk, I think the artist/promoters have to share some of that burden in a few circumstances where a concert goer may be I’ll. We should all be in it together instead of myself losing hundreds of dollars. 
    I spoke to a couple of the security guards and asked him if anyone else had indicated they were postponing events other than PJ. Both rolled their eyes and said no. 

And I think you missed my second part - they were IMMEDIATELY preparing for a 4 day basketball tournament right after the show ended.

The people who bought your tickets thank you.  The band nor the venue should respond to your individual decision.  If they did that, then where is the line drawn?  It's a silly premise you bring up. It's not greed. It's basic - you bought a ticket. If you don't feel proper going, that's your issue. You own the ticket.  20,000 people didn't have an issue. It was packed.  Full on.  And I'm sure a few even had the sniffles.  Maybe even a Corona or 2.

Look at 24 hours later....
    You're missing my point. I'm ok with cancellations and such. Whatever's decided is fine. You wanted a special accommodation for you where there wasn't one.  You're the one that started a thread about Green Disease.  Not everything is that.  Sometimes. Just sometimes. People see things differently than you and has nothing to do with what you think.

And BTW, Jaimoe is the exact person we should be protecting for so many reasons including being a National Treasure, and it was all his idea!!!!

And other than the maybe the newer drummer, there wasn't a guy on stage that needs the money.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    edited March 2020
    nycrats said:
    Big East no fans 
    nba
    nhl
    mlb

the writing was on the wall for the allmans and the promoters succumbed to greed while putting thousands at risk. 

Lol. You won't let go. Let's take up a collection here and get nycrats his $200 back.  Green Disease indeed. Lol
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    They had too much money at a stake and were too close to the finish to cancel/suspend. You say 20k people didn’t have an issue? You all most certainly do. The virus was present in that arena 
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    nycrats said:
    Big East no fans 
    nba
    nhl
    mlb

It's a fluid situation. Until last night (the day after your concert), NBA, NHL, and concerts were continuing with full arena crowds. Does that mean they intentionally wanted to endanger people out of greed? No. We're in uncharted waters. We've all had to eat a ticket now and then for various reasons. It happens. If it's a hardship you probably shouldn't have bought it in the first place. 
    nycrats said:
    nycrats said:
    The Allman brothers 50th anniversary show
    Happy to say I was there.  Awesome time at The Garden.  Lots of good people and a tremendous 4 hour show (well, 3:45 or so if you eliminate the intermission). Good times.  

Right after show ended, they were breaking down the stage for the Big East Tournament tonight through Sunday.  
    I sold my tickets for pennies on the dollar after they would t refund me. I no doubt think it was an amazing time, but I have the start of a cold, and I couldn’t be so cavalier as to go to an event that has a high percentage  of folks 60+ years old and wonder if maybe I had “it” and could pass it on. 

While normally there shouldn’t be a refund, I view this as greed in an unprecedented lifetime event.  A week from now there may be NO live events and everyone knows it.  Last nights event put a lot of people at risk, I think the artist/promoters have to share some of that burden in a few circumstances where a concert goer may be I’ll. We should all be in it together instead of myself losing hundreds of dollars. 
    I spoke to a couple of the security guards and asked him if anyone else had indicated they were postponing events other than PJ. Both rolled their eyes and said no. 

And I think you missed my second part - they were IMMEDIATELY preparing for a 4 day basketball tournament right after the show ended.

The people who bought your tickets thank you.  The band nor the venue should respond to your individual decision.  If they did that, then where is the line drawn?  It's a silly premise you bring up. It's not greed. It's basic - you bought a ticket. If you don't feel proper going, that's your issue. You own the ticket.  20,000 people didn't have an issue. It was packed.  Full on.  And I'm sure a few even had the sniffles.  Maybe even a Corona or 2.

I bet those security guards wish they weren’t working those nights now
    james Dolan has covid 19

im scared to think how many at risk people were infected at this concert in the new world epicenter of the virus