KUDOS to PJ offering a refund option, lotta green disease out there

Comments

• nycrats said:
    The Allman brothers 50th anniversary show
    Happy to say I was there.  Awesome time at The Garden.  Lots of good people and a tremendous 4 hour show (well, 3:45 or so if you eliminate the intermission). Good times.  

Right after show ended, they were breaking down the stage for the Big East Tournament tonight through Sunday.  
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,361
    How long do we have to claim the refund? I didn't notice a time frame for that in the email....I might of missed it.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    nycrats said:
    Happy to say I was there.  Awesome time at The Garden.  Lots of good people and a tremendous 4 hour show (well, 3:45 or so if you eliminate the intermission). Good times.  

Right after show ended, they were breaking down the stage for the Big East Tournament tonight through Sunday.  
    I sold my tickets for pennies on the dollar after they would t refund me. I no doubt think it was an amazing time, but I have the start of a cold, and I couldn’t be so cavalier as to go to an event that has a high percentage  of folks 60+ years old and wonder if maybe I had “it” and could pass it on. 

While normally there shouldn’t be a refund, I view this as greed in an unprecedented lifetime event.  A week from now there may be NO live events and everyone knows it.  Last nights event put a lot of people at risk, I think the artist/promoters have to share some of that burden in a few circumstances where a concert goer may be I’ll. We should all be in it together instead of myself losing hundreds of dollars. 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    edited March 2020
    So if people ask for refunds, will those with reserved seats get to move up to better seats? I'm pretty sure what the answer is. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    know1 said:
    So if people ask for refunds, will those with reserved seats get to move up to better seats? I'm pretty sure what the answer is. 
    I would imagine refunded seats go back into the general sale. So, yes, you can move up to better seats, in the same way you could before the postponement - get on F2F and start refreshing.
    If you're expecting 10C and TicketMaster to essentially redraw the 10C seating assignments, I wouldn't hold my breath. Pretty sure that would be a logistical nightmare.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Yeah, no one is upgrading unless you do it through the F2F. I imagine it will be:
    PJ decides on a new date
    TM sends out notification about new date. If you had tickets to postponed date, they are still good for new date.
    If you can't attend new date, you can list tickets for resale at face value
    New F2F reopens before tour/shows
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Is there a deadline for the refund option? (I'm hoping/assuming we will be able to see the rescheduled dates before we have to make that decision.)
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • TM193128TM193128 Posts: 25
    I followed the Refund instruction page to the letter.  Later I received a return email from Ten Club explaining they will get back to me shortly  BUT!!  I was also requested to read Ten club refund policy.  I didn't of course because I assumed I was already following their very specific instruction on Refund. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    PeterED said:
    Is there a deadline for the refund option? (I'm hoping/assuming we will be able to see the rescheduled dates before we have to make that decision.)
    No specific deadline in any of the emails I got. I recall for past events having a fair amount of time after the new dates were announced to request a refund. But either way, you can effectively get a "refund" through F2F. Unless your tickets are rear stage uppers in OKC, someone will buy them instantly. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I don't know the full legality of concert tickets, but aren't they required to have a refund option, since the original contracted date cannot be fulfilled? It seems a lot of praise is being handed out for something that is not necessarily praiseworthy.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    SHZA said:
    PeterED said:
    No specific deadline in any of the emails I got. I recall for past events having a fair amount of time after the new dates were announced to request a refund. But either way, you can effectively get a "refund" through F2F. Unless your tickets are rear stage uppers in OKC, someone will buy them instantly. 
    And if OKC lands on a Friday or Saturday, even demand for that show will increase. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    LOL. Email response.... Please call ticket master.....lol.  Let the insanity commence

• nycrats said:
    nycrats said:

I sold my tickets for pennies on the dollar after they would t refund me. I no doubt think it was an amazing time, but I have the start of a cold, and I couldn’t be so cavalier as to go to an event that has a high percentage  of folks 60+ years old and wonder if maybe I had “it” and could pass it on. 

While normally there shouldn’t be a refund, I view this as greed in an unprecedented lifetime event.  A week from now there may be NO live events and everyone knows it.  Last nights event put a lot of people at risk, I think the artist/promoters have to share some of that burden in a few circumstances where a concert goer may be I’ll. We should all be in it together instead of myself losing hundreds of dollars. 
    I spoke to a couple of the security guards and asked him if anyone else had indicated they were postponing events other than PJ. Both rolled their eyes and said no. 

And I think you missed my second part - they were IMMEDIATELY preparing for a 4 day basketball tournament right after the show ended.

The people who bought your tickets thank you.  The band nor the venue should respond to your individual decision.  If they did that, then where is the line drawn?  It's a silly premise you bring up. It's not greed. It's basic - you bought a ticket. If you don't feel proper going, that's your issue. You own the ticket.  20,000 people didn't have an issue. It was packed.  Full on.  And I'm sure a few even had the sniffles.  Maybe even a Corona or 2.

Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    edited March 2020
    I’m a bit confused. I got emails saying I could get a refund for the two sets of tickets I sold on F2F. 

When I go to the “my tickets” I have no option to sell or transfer. Which makes sense. But I also haven’t been paid for either show I sold. And both sold on 3/3. 

Anyone else have have this issue? I assume the person I sold to have the tickets and can get a refund so I am SOL there? And so I have to wait for TM to not fuck up my payment in this cluster?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited March 2020
    I don't know the full legality of concert tickets, but aren't they required to have a refund option, since the original contracted date cannot be fulfilled? It seems a lot of praise is being handed out for something that is not necessarily praiseworthy.
    Ya I don't get it either. The small print already stated this would be the case if the show was cancelled or postponed. Now if the small print said all sales where final including postponements and cancelation and they gave refunds then by all means praise away. That said Pearl Jam has always tried its best to look after its fans. Like you though I am not sure why thanks is needed on this one. 
    JBob87 said:
    I’m a bit confused. I got emails saying I could get a refund for the two sets of tickets I sold on F2F. 

When I go to the “my tickets” I have no option to sell or transfer. Which makes sense. But I also haven’t been paid for either show I sold. And both sold on 3/3. 

Anyone else have have this issue? I assume the person I sold to have the tickets and can get a refund so I am SOL there? And so I have to wait for TM to not fuck up my payment in this cluster?
    I've been paid for some of my F2F sales but not all. Usually takes a week. If the F2F buyer wants a refund, I don't think they undo the sale and give you the tickets back. Presumably TM will provide the refund and they'll go back into the pool of "standard" tickets. 
  • jasonwjasonw Posts: 390
    SHZA said:
    hihobibo said:
    SHZA said:
    I've gotten the email for some shows (Balt, Nash, LA), but not others (STL, Phx, SD, Oak). 
    Wow, you had 7 shows to change plans for. Hopefully all was refundable / credited. What will you do with all this free time over the next two months 😁
    I was pleasantly surprised that Hotwire refunded my nonrefundable room for Oakland. Southwest says they're not refunding "wanna get away" fares YET, but even if they don't I won't have any problem using the credits. 
    Any tips on Hotwire? I was supposed to go to Montana for a month but my Airbnb just cancelled on us and I have a non refundable rental car.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    I don't think I've ever attended a cancelled/postponed show where a refund wasn't an option.   I thought it was the norm.

When the Stones tour got postponed last year, I had no problem getting a refund on my Houston tickets, and use the proceeds to buy Seattle tickets.

When the venue cancelled the GNR show around 2002 in Vancouver, TM automatically gave me a refund on my cc.

When Velvet Revolver cancelled a bar show in Portland in the early 2000's I got a refund.

I think it's pretty normal.   When postponed and it's decent demand, they know someone else is going to buy the seats... it's not a biggie.
  • elcazador83elcazador83 Posts: 100
    Emailed saying I want a refund for my tickets. They email and say you need to call Ticketmaster. I call them and stay on hold for 52 minutes. Lady picks up and say that she cannot help because tickets today sold the tickets and they are a separate entity. She gave me their phone number. Here goes the run around game.
    jasonw said:
    SHZA said:
    hihobibo said:
    SHZA said:
    I've gotten the email for some shows (Balt, Nash, LA), but not others (STL, Phx, SD, Oak). 
    Wow, you had 7 shows to change plans for. Hopefully all was refundable / credited. What will you do with all this free time over the next two months 😁
    I was pleasantly surprised that Hotwire refunded my nonrefundable room for Oakland. Southwest says they're not refunding "wanna get away" fares YET, but even if they don't I won't have any problem using the credits. 
    Any tips on Hotwire? I was supposed to go to Montana for a month but my Airbnb just cancelled on us and I have a non refundable rental car.
    It was pretty simple. I mentioned the cornonavirus being the cause of why I wouldn't be needing the room, the rep put me on hold to contact the hotel, and the hotel approved it. So it probably depends on the car rental agency's willingness to be flexible. 
  • elcazador83elcazador83 Posts: 100
    So I just called tickets today after the lady from Ticketmaster told me to call them. Guy there answers immediately and says the other lady didn't know what she was doing. Told me I should have asked for a manager. I am off to work. I will deal with those clowns tomorrow.
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    So I just called tickets today after the lady from Ticketmaster told me to call them. Guy there answers immediately and says the other lady didn't know what she was doing. Told me I should have asked for a manager. I am off to work. I will deal with those clowns tomorrow.
    The incompetence and poor service is just ridiculous. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that no one knows whats going on, because they have created a procedure yet?  I assumed we'd get an email once they figured out how refunds were going to work.   They probably aren't there yet?
    After all my earlier madness Ten club sends me the info to call TM.  I call the number and wait 2.5 hours...  A well spoken gentleman answeres and asks for my Ticket #.  After I give this info , he tells me Ohh I can't help you that's Canadian.  LOL.   2 Hours later I Get through to another very nice lady ...... My Hamilton and Toronto tix cannot  be refunded because Ten club/ ticketmaster tix don't have a credit card # on file..  There working on it......I guess. Hopefully My info can help or add levity to others struggling with this process 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    I bought a set of tickets for san diego on the fan to fan. I have not received any email from TM. I go to my account on TM and it shows my tickets but I dont see any refund info. Because I bought them from another 10C member, does that member get the refund info and I am stuck with them?
    nycrats said:
    nycrats said:

I spoke to a couple of the security guards and asked him if anyone else had indicated they were postponing events other than PJ. Both rolled their eyes and said no. 

And I think you missed my second part - they were IMMEDIATELY preparing for a 4 day basketball tournament right after the show ended.

The people who bought your tickets thank you.  The band nor the venue should respond to your individual decision.  If they did that, then where is the line drawn?  It's a silly premise you bring up. It's not greed. It's basic - you bought a ticket. If you don't feel proper going, that's your issue. You own the ticket.  20,000 people didn't have an issue. It was packed.  Full on.  And I'm sure a few even had the sniffles.  Maybe even a Corona or 2.

Look at 24 hours later....
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,613
    nycrats said:
    Ticketmaster emails went out saying if you choose you can refund. 

Look at ultra and sxsw, they told people they can only use it in the future, no refund option. 

The Brothers tonight at msg, in the middle of the hysteria are offering no refunds. They’d rather you risk getting sick, or gettin someone else sick than refund any monies. What is supposed to be about good times and love and celebration is just a cash machine. 
    You could also use your own judgment and decide if you should go to a show.  If you were sick, would you still go?  
    kramer73 said:
    nycrats said:
    Ticketmaster emails went out saying if you choose you can refund. 

Look at ultra and sxsw, they told people they can only use it in the future, no refund option. 

The Brothers tonight at msg, in the middle of the hysteria are offering no refunds. They’d rather you risk getting sick, or gettin someone else sick than refund any monies. What is supposed to be about good times and love and celebration is just a cash machine. 
    You could also use your own judgment and decide if you should go to a show.  If you were sick, would you still go?  
    The writing was on the wall. At the cost of that concert, I’m sure many decided to put others at risk in light of the fact they’d be out hundreds if they stayed home. Everything is getting canceled and I’m sure many of the organizers had the discussion, “this is bad what should we do? Well, we will lose too much money if we offer the sick refunds, so let’s just go on and put 20k at risk”. While I don’t blame them for this virus, there was enough info to do the right thing. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    So many youngsters out there now taking advantage of cheap flights and cruises, saying that if they die then they die. Pretty selfish, if you ask me, since it will be just a cold for them but when they come back they could kill their grandparents. A little dramatic, maybe, but factual. People being people by looking after number one.

The same principle applies to bands/promoters/venues that are still allowing large gatherings so they don't lose money. A lot of bands are saying that it's simply hysteria and their shows will all go on as scheduled. Glad I don't have tickets for any of those bands. I don't have any concert tickets until GNR in August, so hopefully it all blows over by then. I do feel for those that will be out hundreds of dollars though because of the aforementioned bands not doing the right thing.

WWE still wants to put Tampa at risk with Wrestlemania in a few weeks. They say they're not canceling, so hopefully when Tampa meets about it today, they do the right thing. WM draws tens (or hundreds) of thousands from all over the world every year. It should be postponed, but then again, Tampa won the bid so they'd be out a lot of money. We'll see what happens there.

Sorry for the long post, but they locked the other thread about this :)
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    nycrats said:
    nycrats said:

I wonder if those security guards are still rolling their eyes?  No, the Big East didn't cancel, but they aren't allowing any fans to come and watch either.