Options

More Important: Beating Trump or Stopping Bernie?

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    Please don;t be fooled.  Those voting for Bernie are voting their pocketbooks.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    same can be said for those voting for Biden too ....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    mickeyrat said:
    same can be said for those voting for Biden too ....
    Same can be said for any vote in the history of votes! Only kinda kidding.  It's not literally ever vote...but to get elected at a national level, people are voting their pocketbooks for you.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Beating Trump in the fall
    It's all the rage to hate on Bernie when times are good, but crisis comes and Republicans take steps that even Democrats would deride under Sanders and all you here is crickets...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    rgambs said:
    It's all the rage to hate on Bernie when times are good, but crisis comes and Republicans take steps that even Democrats would deride under Sanders and all you here is crickets...
    Shh don’t make them think. Next thing you know you’ll have all the anti Bernie gremlins out in full force.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Fuck I just want 2020 to be over I’ve already had enough of it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

Bernie needs to drop out and support Biden.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Yep. Right there with you.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

Yes, we need to get to 2016 pt. 2 as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Yep. Right there with you.
    Funny it will be my 60th birth yr and I already want it to go away , be safe I hope we get to see the band this yr 🤘
  • Options
    Where has Hidin’ Joe Biden been? Do people still think he’s fit to lead? Does anyone still think he has a chance? What a fucking joke.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    wtf is wrong with Bernie becoming president?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    wtf is wrong with Bernie becoming president?
    Not a damn thing and it’s what our country, and our world, needs. It hasn’t been any clearer than it has as of late.
  • Options
    I hope Bernie wins.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    no war, no KKK, no fascist USA!
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    Where has Hidin’ Joe Biden been? Do people still think he’s fit to lead? Does anyone still think he has a chance? What a fucking joke.
    He's not my choice, but of course he's fit to lead.  Of course he has a chance.  You gotta pull your head out of the clouds and get some perspective.
    In November you will have 2 choices. Biden or Trump. 
    That's it.  Which is more fit to lead?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    He's not my choice, but of course he's fit to lead.  Of course he has a chance.  You gotta pull your head out of the clouds and get some perspective.
    I’m hoping this will all be over by November so we can vote in peace!
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    With all due respect, I am not the one with my head in the clouds. Between Sanders, Biden, and Trump, there are only two people addressing the nation during this pandemic.

Sanders is holding near-daily discussions on how to hopefully soften the blow of COVID-19 and has helped raise millions to do so. Trump, and let me be clear here...I fucking loathe this man and have long before he was even President, but as he makes his sad attempts at being Presidential, he is providing some ideas that are to the left of what little nonsense Biden has muttered. 

Kindly asking CEOs to publicly commit to not engaging in stock buybacks of their own company? For only a year? That’s one of his big, bold ideas right now? Other than that, his team sends out obvious tweets like “the testing for COVID-19 should be free to all” and “once we have a vaccine it should be free to all” and “this President is doing a terrible job.” No fucking shit. Say something new. Do something useful. Show your self and confidently reassure the nation we’ll get through this and come out stronger. You don’t even have to believe it, Joe, just bullshit like you always do. 

They’re keeping him in hiding because Biden’s brain hasn’t recovered since his last sad attempt at Skyping. Trump will beat Biden in the fall and he will do it from the left, sadly. 

These times are proving to be a true test of leadership. Biden is failing this test. He is not upto the task.

There is only one man with the ideas to tackle this health crisis head-on and to help us through the economic fall-out that will follow. As each day passes, it becomes clearer that that man is not Biden, and it is certainly not Trump.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    EarlWelsh said:
    rgambs said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    With all due respect, I am not the one with my head in the clouds. Between Sanders, Biden, and Trump, there are only two people addressing the nation during this pandemic.

Sanders is holding near-daily discussions on how to hopefully soften the blow of COVID-19 and has helped raise millions to do so. Trump, and let me be clear here...I fucking loathe this man and have long before he was even President, but as he makes his sad attempts at being Presidential, he is providing some ideas that are to the left of what little nonsense Biden has muttered. 

Kindly asking CEOs to publicly commit to not engaging in stock buybacks of their own company? For only a year? That’s one of his big, bold ideas right now? Other than that, his team sends out obvious tweets like “the testing for COVID-19 should be free to all” and “once we have a vaccine it should be free to all” and “this President is doing a terrible job.” No fucking shit. Say something new. Do something useful. Show your self and confidently reassure the nation we’ll get through this and come out stronger. You don’t even have to believe it, Joe, just bullshit like you always do. 

They’re keeping him in hiding because Biden’s brain hasn’t recovered since his last sad attempt at Skyping. Trump will beat Biden in the fall and he will do it from the left, sadly. 

These times are proving to be a true test of leadership. Biden is failing this test. He is not upto the task.

There is only one man with the ideas to tackle this health crisis head-on and to help us through the economic fall-out that will follow. As each day passes, it becomes clearer that that man is not Biden, and it is certainly not Trump.
    Bernie may be better, but that doesn't change the fact that he isn't going to win the nomination. The math just isn't there.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    rgambs said:
    EarlWelsh said:

Bernie may be better, but that doesn't change the fact that he isn't going to win the nomination. The math just isn't there.
    Still plenty of delegates for grabs. Upto voters in the remaining primaries to come to their senses or not. That said, it doesn’t look good, but I’ll keep pushing for it. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    rgambs said:
    EarlWelsh said:

Still plenty of delegates for grabs. Upto voters in the remaining primaries to come to their senses or not. That said, it doesn’t look good, but I’ll keep pushing for it. 
    as long as when the effort fails you'll at least vote against trump......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    If it fails, literally the ONLY reason to vote for Biden. And if he wins we’ll have another corporate democrat, we’ll be right where we were with what led to Trump. Vicious cycle. Color me excited.
  • Options
    If it fails, literally the ONLY reason to vote for Biden. And if he wins we’ll have another corporate democrat, we’ll be right where we were with what led to Trump. Vicious cycle. Color me excited.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    EarlWelsh said:
    We won't be right where we were because Joe Biden is white and Barack Obama is not. So at the very least the racism angle will be somewhat mitigated.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    We won't be right where we were because Joe Biden is white and Barack Obama is not. So at the very least the racism angle will be somewhat mitigated.
    Racism isn’t what I was referring to, nor is it the main thing that got us Trump. The disenfranchisement of the American working/middle-class is what mainly got us Trump.
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    JimmyV said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    Racism isn’t what I was referring to, nor is it the main thing that got us Trump. The disenfranchisement of the American working/middle-class is what mainly got us Trump.
    That's a fantasy that makes people comfortable because they don't have to confront ugly truths about America.  The American working/middle class hasn't changed since Trump was elected and suddenly they are all comfy and cozy?  Wonder why...🤔
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    JimmyV said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    That's a fantasy that makes people comfortable because they don't have to confront ugly truths about America.  The American working/middle class hasn't changed since Trump was elected and suddenly they are all comfy and cozy?  Wonder why...🤔
    Who are you saying is comfy cozy? I’m not saying racism doesn’t exist or isn’t a problem or isn’t partly why people voted for and continue to support Trump. I just think it’s too simplistic to view Trump as the sickness, as opposed to a symptom of a greater sickness. 
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    rgambs said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    JimmyV said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    Who are you saying is comfy cozy? I’m not saying racism doesn’t exist or isn’t a problem or isn’t partly why people voted for and continue to support Trump. I just think it’s too simplistic to view Trump as the sickness, as opposed to a symptom of a greater sickness. 
    I’d say we have to deal with that sickness first and then try to fix the bigger problem you talk about..
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    rgambs said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    JimmyV said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    I’d say we have to deal with that sickness first and then try to fix the bigger problem you talk about..
    Racism is not an easy fix, if it can even be fixed at all. That’s the ugly truth of it. Giving power to the working middle class can happen. Let’s start with getting money out of politics and restoring democracy. These are policies, not nasty ideals.
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    rgambs said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    JimmyV said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    Racism is not an easy fix, if it can even be fixed at all. That’s the ugly truth of it. Giving power to the working middle class can happen. Let’s start with getting money out of politics and restoring democracy. These are policies, not nasty ideals.
    Agreed but 1st you have to get rid of the most corrupt individual to be president if he gets another 4yrs he will have carte blanch card to do what ever he pleases , if Bernie has the votes and won the nomination I’d vote for him but if it’s Joe I’m voting for him I’m not staying home in protest and def not voting for the Baffoon..

This discussion has been closed.