Options

More Important: Beating Trump or Stopping Bernie?

Comments

• Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,102
    dignin said:
    How so?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,119
    EarlWelsh said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    Stopping Bernie and Beating trump is the same thing.
    Running Biden = Losing to Trump
    You can’t possibly believe that? How does Bernie beat Team Trump Treason when he can’t even win the dem primary? Delusional.
    The only reason Biden started to win primaries was because American voters are generally pretty uninformed and easily fall victim to media fear-mongering. The surprise, last-minute endorsements from O’Rourke, Klobuchar, Buttigieg also helped a lot. Hell, Biden himself pretty much gave all credit to their endorsements once he started winning.
    Ah the old...everyone is dumber than me and if my candidate isn't winning it's because people are uninformed argument.  That's a dumb argument.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    How so?
    Many, many reasons. The guy says dumb shit daily. 

But this right here? Enough said.

“I’d rather vote for Trump than [Biden],” said Rogan. “I don’t think [Biden] can handle anything. You’re relying entirely on his cabinet. If you want to talk about an individual leader who can communicate, he can’t do that. And we don’t know what the fuck he’ll be like after a year in office.

The pressure of being president of the United States is something that no one has ever prepared for. The only one who seems to be fine with it is Trump, oddly enough.”

The president is 73 but Rogan said: “He doesn’t seem to be aging at all or in any sort of decline. Obama, almost immediately, started looking older. George W [Bush], almost immediately, started looking older.”

• Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    You can’t possibly believe that? How does Bernie beat Team Trump Treason when he can’t even win the dem primary? Delusional.
    The only reason Biden started to win primaries was because American voters are generally pretty uninformed and easily fall victim to media fear-mongering. The surprise, last-minute endorsements from O’Rourke, Klobuchar, Buttigieg also helped a lot. Hell, Biden himself pretty much gave all credit to their endorsements once he started winning.
    Ah the old...everyone is dumber than me and if my candidate isn't winning it's because people are uninformed argument.  That's a dumb argument.
    No, not everyone. But the people who made up their mind between the day-before endorsements and the next day’s primaries are who I’m referring to. And they’re not dumb. Just misinformed victims of “Bernie can’t win” fear-mongering.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    How so?

“I’d rather vote for Trump than [Biden],” said Rogan. “I don’t think [Biden] can handle anything. You’re relying entirely on his cabinet. If you want to talk about an individual leader who can communicate, he can’t do that. And we don’t know what the fuck he’ll be like after a year in office.

The pressure of being president of the United States is something that no one has ever prepared for. The only one who seems to be fine with it is Trump, oddly enough.”

The president is 73 but Rogan said: “He doesn’t seem to be aging at all or in any sort of decline. Obama, almost immediately, started looking older. George W [Bush], almost immediately, started looking older.”

And?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,119
    EarlWelsh said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    No, not everyone. But the people who made up their mind between the day-before endorsements and the next day’s primaries are who I’m referring to. And they’re not dumb. Just misinformed victims of “Bernie can’t win” fear-mongering.
    But Bernie already failed to win the Dem nomination in 2016 and has failed again.  You can't win the general election by losing your (fake) party's nomination.  He has failed.  His best bet is to put his efforts into getting a Democratic president and pushing his own agenda through them as much as possible.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    How so?

And?
    And what? That's really not enough for you? You agree with that or don't think that's not the words of a certifiable "moran"? Trump has handled the pressure of being president well because he hasn't got as much grey hair as Obama and Bush did. The guy that wears a wig and paints himself orange? They could only be the metrics of a "moran".

How about the fact he was a birther?

The guy also hasn't met a conspiracy theory he doesn't like.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

Bernie needs to drop out
    Has Biden’s bleeding eye given out yet, popping out of his dome to make way for his melting brain?

Has Biden stopped inappropriately touching and smelling women and children yet?

Has Biden stopped lying about things he said or things he never did?

Has Biden realized the importance of m4a yet or will he continue to serve his donors?

Biden needs to drop out.

If all those things you say about Biden are true

Bernie must really be a terrible candidate, because Bernie's going to lose to Biden

How will you feel when Bernie supports Biden like he promised?

Speaking of lying....where are Bernie's medical records like he promised?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    dignin said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    How so?

And?
    And what? That's really not enough for you? You agree with that or don't think that's not the words of a certifiable "moran"? Trump has handled the pressure of being president well because he hasn't got as much grey hair as Obama and Bush did. The guy that wears a wig and paints himself orange? They could only be the metrics of a "moran".

He, a comedian first and foremost, tweeted one thing entertaining the notion of birtherism....and that was how long ago?

he actually doesn’t subscribe to many conspiracy theories anymore, or at least not as much as he used to. He does discuss them, though. I know, the horror, right?

I think he overlooked the fact that Trump is heavily made up and fake, sure, but I don’t think that makes him a “moran.” Did you never say anything in a 2-3 hour unedited conversation, probably while stoned, that you looked back on and thought “eh, I was a bit off there?”

You guys get hung up on the silliest of shit.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Beating Trump in the fall
    Moron not moran 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    edited April 2020
    EarlWelsh said:
     biden is beating trump in every non-rasmussen poll. and it will get better for biden as trump bungles every single issue that comes up.
    Post edited by Kat on
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    How so?

And?

He, a comedian first and foremost, tweeted one thing entertaining the notion of birtherism....and that was how long ago?

he actually doesn’t subscribe to many conspiracy theories anymore, or at least not as much as he used to. He does discuss them, though. I know, the horror, right?

I think he overlooked the fact that Trump is heavily made up and fake, sure, but I don’t think that makes him a “moran.” Did you never say anything in a 2-3 hour unedited conversation, probably while stoned, that you looked back on and thought “eh, I was a bit off there?”

The guy thought saunas would stop the coronavirus. Probably gurgling salt water right now to kill it.
  • Options
    bernie is not doing as well as he did in 2016. he should drop out now and save himself and his followers the embarrassment of getting further trounced by biden. bernie should stop being so selfish. i voted for bernie in the 2016 and 2020 primaries, so don't fucking @ me.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    static111 said:
    Moron not moran 
    Not now, thanks to dear leader.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    dignin said:
    How so?

And?

The guy thought saunas would stop the coronavirus. Probably gurgling salt water right now to kill it.
    Haha, nahhhh. He read peoples’ claims online about the effectiveness of saunas and brought it up to a doctor for clarification. 
  • Options
    bernie is not doing as well as he did in 2016. he should drop out now and save himself and his followers the embarrassment of getting further trounced by biden. bernie should stop being so selfish. i voted for bernie in the 2016 and 2020 primaries, so don't fucking @ me.
    With all due respect, I don’t believe he’s being selfish. I think he’s truly the only one with the peoples’ interest in mind at this point and that’s why he’s stayed in so far.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

Bernie needs to drop out
    Has Biden’s bleeding eye given out yet, popping out of his dome to make way for his melting brain?

Has Biden realized the importance of m4a yet or will he continue to serve his donors?

Biden needs to drop out.

Bernie must really be a terrible candidate, because Bernie's going to lose to Biden
    You live in a country where as a  basic thing as tax-funded healthcare isn't a thing in the year of the lord 2020.

Now ask yourself the question -- have people ever voted in politicians that aren't terrible candidates in your country. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

Bernie needs to drop out

Biden needs to drop out.

You live in a country where as a  basic thing as tax-funded healthcare isn't a thing in the year of the lord 2020.

Now ask yourself the question -- have people ever voted in politicians that aren't terrible candidates in your country. 
    And Biden is just more of that good, American same old, same old.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

Bernie needs to drop out

Biden needs to drop out.

ACA is tax-funded healthcare
    Medicare 
    is tax-funded healthcare
    Medicaid is tax-funded healthcare
    CHIP is tax-funded healthcare

If you're going to engage in political discussion about the US, at least get your facts straight first
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

Bernie needs to drop out

Biden needs to drop out.

Medicare is tax-funded healthcare

If you're going to engage in political discussion about the US, at least get your facts straight first
    ACA is a failure, overall.

why not just expand Medicare to cover everyone? 
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

Bernie needs to drop out

Biden needs to drop out.

Federal Employees Health Benefits Program is tax-funded healthcare 
    Indian Health Service is tax-funded healthcare
    Tricare is tax-funded healthcare
    Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) is tax-funded healthcare
    Veterans Health Administration is tax-funded healthcare
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

Bernie needs to drop out

Biden needs to drop out.

Lol. 

I should have known you were gonna bang the table.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    no it's not
    EarlWelsh said:
    Republicans
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    no it's not
    EarlWelsh said:
    Republicans
    It absolutely is. I was making under $23k/year and paying close to $4,800 for coverage through ACA. I realize that high cost was due to my insurer but ACA allows that to happen.
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

Bernie needs to drop out

Biden needs to drop out.

excuse me? ACA is a failure?

just before taking my new job in sales 5 month ago i worked for a pediatric orthopedic surgeon. many of our patients were either on medicaid, or a form of the ACA. the ACA allowed us to not only evaluate those kids, but also correct their injuries surgically. if there were no ACA they would have been uninsured and had no access to treatment. the only reason the ACA is doing poorly is because REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS are resisting it and the medicaid expansion. TRUMP is not enforcing the mandate that everyone pay in. trump is trying to kill it now through the courts. the supreme court upheld the law, now trump and a handful of republican governors are in a lawsuit trying to kill it and take health insurance away from millions of people and replace it with nothing. also, trump is not opening up the ACA enrollment.

if everyone abided by the rules it would be fine. but republicans are trying to kill it. do not get it twisted. this is the exact same law that romney signed in MA but on a national level.

• Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    no it's not
    EarlWelsh said:
    Republicans
    It absolutely is. I was making under $23k/year and paying close to $4,800 for coverage through ACA. I realize that high cost was due to my insurer but ACA allows that to happen.
    You could always opt out.  How much is private health insurance?  

Mine is $1824 annually.  It also hasn't increased significantly since ACA was enacted. 

Or have you considered increasing your income?
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie drop out yet?

Bernie needs to drop out

Biden needs to drop out.

excuse me? ACA is a failure?

just before taking my new job in sales 5 month ago i worked for a pediatric orthopedic surgeon. many of our patients were either on medicaid, or a form of the ACA. the ACA allowed us to not only evaluate those kids, but also correct their injuries surgically. if there were no ACA they would have been uninsured and had no access to treatment. the only reason the ACA is doing poorly is because REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS are resisting it and the medicaid expansion. TRUMP is not enforcing the mandate that everyone pay in. trump is trying to kill it now through the courts. the supreme court upheld the law, now trump and a handful of republican governors are in a lawsuit trying to kill it and take health insurance away from millions of people and replace it with nothing. also, trump is not opening up the ACA enrollment.

if everyone abided by the rules it would be fine. but republicans are trying to kill it. do not get it twisted. this is the exact same law that romney signed in MA but on a national level.
    It was a failure, overall, yes, even when I needed it for coverage and that was from when it was implemented up until 2015. It doesn’t go far enough in who it really helps and it never really has.

As someone with no coverage otherwise I felt forced into it and then left at the mercy of a greedy insurance provider. 
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Kat said:

This is the thread topic. Stop talking about each other and go back to the topic please. Many are suggesting that it's past time for Senator Sanders to end his campaign and also suggest his supporters support the Democratic nominee. Will he do that? Will they vote for the nominee? Will they vote at all or stay home?

This wasn't a suggestion. Do not use any words about another member or members here. Just leave it out of your thinking and be sure to edit your posts before submitting. I don't want to do timeouts.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    CM189191 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    no it's not
    EarlWelsh said:
    Republicans
    You could always opt out.  How much is private health insurance?  

Mine is $1824 annually.  It also hasn't increased significantly since ACA was enacted. 

Or have you considered increasing your income?
    I don’t have insurance through ACA anymore. I now pay under $2,200/year through my employer and that covers my family of 5. 

Before, under the ACA, where it was only coverage for me, I watched the cost skyrocket every few months until I couldn’t even afford to pay it. I owed thousands to my provider and luckily for me, I guess, they went bankrupt and I didn’t have to pay.

So while the ACA greatly benefits many who need it, and that’s truly wonderful, it was my experience and the experience of many others, that it didn’t go far enough in how or who it helped.

Is increasing one’s income as easy as flicking a switch to you?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    this thread is a fucking shitshow.

well done.
    Ya think? :lol:
This discussion has been closed.