Options

Sweet Relief is getting released for RSD, but 'not really' RSD this year!

Comments

• Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 404
    Seems to be an US-only release. That means I have to find a store shipping overseas in June. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Various Artists
    Sweet Relief - A Benefit for Victoria Williams
    Event: RECORD STORE DAY 2022
    Release Date: 6/18/2022
    Format: 2 x LP
    Label: Legacy
    Quantity: 2500
    Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    Seems to be an US-only release. That means I have to find a store shipping overseas in June. 

Same here.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Fantastic news! I wish the number was higher than 2500 though. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    I still wonder what happened with this pressing.  Discogs has a picture of one, and someone sold one once, so it made it feel like it actually got pressed when it was supposed to come out a few years ago.  The pressing size seems more reasonable for back then, then it does now.   Were they holed up in a warehouse for years? 

I hope I can score one somewhere.
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    Fantastic news! I wish the number was higher than 2500 though. 

Yeah me too.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I still wonder what happened with this pressing.  Discogs has a picture of one, and someone sold one once, so it made it feel like it actually got pressed when it was supposed to come out a few years ago.  The pressing size seems more reasonable for back then, then it does now.   Were they holed up in a warehouse for years? 

I hope I can score one somewhere.

I remembered that. Yeah I hope we get to score a copy on RSD. 
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Zod said:
    I still wonder what happened with this pressing.  Discogs has a picture of one, and someone sold one once, so it made it feel like it actually got pressed when it was supposed to come out a few years ago.
    In talking with the record store owners of the few small shops I frequent, I have been told that this album was pressed a year or two ago when it was originally to be released for RSD.  That there was a legal hold up and that was why it was pulled.  Those copies that people had were from people that had access to them, but they were never released.  

Same with Tesla Mechanical Resonance RSD vinyl release.  Was never released last year on RSD, but you can now find them out in the wild.  

But the Sweet Relief copies that I hope each of us are able to score on RSD were pressed a while ago and have been in storage somewhere.  Hopefully not warped like the Walmart PJ GH Vol. 1 and 2 that I found at Walmart the other day !!! 😡😡😡
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Easy Street should have about 1/4 of the 2500 copies :)
  • Options

Probably true.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,410
    More like 2000
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    More like 2000
    Yeah that's probably right. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    demetrios said:
    Looking forward to this, but with it only being 2500 and RSD exclusive, I might have to bite the bullet and pay flipper prices. They will go quickly and if you are not at the front of the line that morning, you will be out of luck, assuming your local store even gets a copy.
  • Options
    will it be cheaper to pay flipper prices or just buy a used copy of the original pressing?
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Looking forward to this, but with it only being 2500 and RSD exclusive, I might have to bite the bullet and pay flipper prices. They will go quickly and if you are not at the front of the line that morning, you will be out of luck, assuming your local store even gets a copy.
    Remember this is being released in June and not this month.  The RSD drop in June only has a few titles, so I assume most record stores won’t have the big promotion in June that they will have in April.  
  • Options
    Zod said:
    will it be cheaper to pay flipper prices or just buy a used copy of the original pressing?
    @Zod  be vigilant and get your hands on a brand new copy for $25.99, and leave those flipped copies for someone else.  You can score this at face value.  I am confident I will be able to get one.  
  • Options
    stickman said:
    demetrios said:
    Remember this is being released in June and not this month.  The RSD drop in June only has a few titles, so I assume most record stores won’t have the big promotion in June that they will have in April.  
    Yes, the Sweet Relief and PJ records are the only two that are on my radar and they are both in June.
  • Options
    stickman said:
    Zod said:
    @Zod  be vigilant and get your hands on a brand new copy for $25.99, and leave those flipped copies for someone else.  You can score this at face value.  I am confident I will be able to get one.  
    I will be trying to pick one up online afterwards, but it will be interesting to see how available they are. I have a couple of go to shops that sell online that I have been pretty successful with after not getting them at my local shop the morning of RSD.
  • Options
    stickman said:
    Zod said:
    The challenge is if it makes up to Canada.  With only 2500 I'm guessing these might be stuck south of the border :(
  • Options
    Zod said:
    stickman said:
    Zod said:
    The challenge is if it makes up to Canada.  With only 2500 I'm guessing these might be stuck south of the border :(
    Yeah being in Canada will make it a bit tougher … you have a local record store that you frequent ? 

Try asking the owner.  
  • Options
    yah, we have one store that does RSD well.   Ditch records.   They are pretty good at getting stuff in.  They usually put out a facebook thread asking people what they want to bring in.

It's crazy really.  I don't think they're on the official RSD website, but they get almost everything in, whereas all the stores listed on the RSD site on the island barely get any rsd stuff or it shows up months late :)
  • Options
    heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 352
    edited April 2022
    I'm happy to see how many I can get my hands on in Portland and ship 'em to folks here for face value. I can't promise I'll get any but Music Millennium usually does a good job of stocking as much as they can.
    Post edited by heartofadog on
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22), New York, NY (9/10), New York, NY (9/11), Camden, NJ (9/14), Denver, CO (9/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (8/31), St. Paul, MN (9/02)
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 749
    I'm happy to see how many I can get my hands on in Portland and ship 'em to folks here for face value. I can't promise I'll get any but Music Millennium usually does a good job of stocking as much as they can and I've known the owner for a long time so he'll occasionally hold a few for me.
    RSD rules are strict as hell for participating stores, so I’m not sure how happy the owner would be to see you posting this in a public forum 😬 

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    Zod said:
    stickman said:
    Zod said:

I doubt these will make it up here in Canada. Will have to hunt down the online USA record stores or hope someone is able to pick one up for us. 
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 404
    Still blows, that this will be US-exclusive. So I have to find a store that a) has this for sale online, b) ships overseas and c) doesn’t charge a fortune for it. 

Sounds like fun.
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    Still blows, that this will be US-exclusive. So I have to find a store that a) has this for sale online, b) ships overseas and c) doesn’t charge a fortune for it. 

Sounds like fun.

Indeed it is. Will be searching online & will be trying to help you guys out with a copy.