Options

Should Pearl Jam presell tour posters online?

13»

Comments

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,972
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    I really hope they decide to finally let us buy posters and shirts from the shows online. I just can't justify standing in a line for hours to buy a poster and shirt. This would also cut down on some of the flipping and help get the stuff into the hands of fans who want a keepsake from the show. The ONLY thing I can see preventing this is the venue objecting, as they do take a cut from onsite sales.
    They do drop the posters online for 10c members
    Yeah, if you HAPPEN to be online within the first fifteen minutes or less, for the popular posters. C'mon.
    It's not like they're dropping unexpectedly at 3 a.m. or something. It's a very predictable time of day and you just have to pay attention. C'mon 
    Sure. Thanks for the great advice. Pay attention. I will try to do that. It's not like a have a job or anything, or that they go within minutes, or the fact that they actually don't tell people when they are going to be dropping. You are brilliant. Everyone make sure to follow this genius advice the next time something insanely rare is randomly put online for thousands to try and snag. "You just have to pay attention." :open_mouth:
    I mean, he could've said it differently, but the 2016 poster drops were pretty much daily and around the same time each morning.  And if not, Santos usually let us know not to waste our time.  So, yeah, if you're in a job that won't allow you to monitor the board for a half hour time frame, then it sucks. But the 10C did a pretty good job of making it consistent.  
    Ya know, I was monitoring it, but when I was trying to score "The Catch" it must have gone pretty quickly and I didn't score one then. Does anyone remember how quickly that sold out? I know it wasn't sitting there for an hour. Point is, selling show posters ahead of time to people attending the show, doesn't seem like a whole lot of trouble, as far as I know, and I'm not really sure why anyone would take the time to argue against it. Seems like a pretty easy fix and easy money.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,946
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    I really hope they decide to finally let us buy posters and shirts from the shows online. I just can't justify standing in a line for hours to buy a poster and shirt. This would also cut down on some of the flipping and help get the stuff into the hands of fans who want a keepsake from the show. The ONLY thing I can see preventing this is the venue objecting, as they do take a cut from onsite sales.
    They do drop the posters online for 10c members
    Yeah, if you HAPPEN to be online within the first fifteen minutes or less, for the popular posters. C'mon.
    It's not like they're dropping unexpectedly at 3 a.m. or something. It's a very predictable time of day and you just have to pay attention. C'mon 
    Sure. Thanks for the great advice. Pay attention. I will try to do that. It's not like a have a job or anything, or that they go within minutes, or the fact that they actually don't tell people when they are going to be dropping. You are brilliant. Everyone make sure to follow this genius advice the next time something insanely rare is randomly put online for thousands to try and snag. "You just have to pay attention." :open_mouth:
    I mean, he could've said it differently, but the 2016 poster drops were pretty much daily and around the same time each morning.  And if not, Santos usually let us know not to waste our time.  So, yeah, if you're in a job that won't allow you to monitor the board for a half hour time frame, then it sucks. But the 10C did a pretty good job of making it consistent.  
    Ya know, I was monitoring it, but when I was trying to score "The Catch" it must have gone pretty quickly and I didn't score one then. Does anyone remember how quickly that sold out? I know it wasn't sitting there for an hour. Point is, selling show posters ahead of time to people attending the show, doesn't seem like a whole lot of trouble, as far as I know, and I'm not really sure why anyone would take the time to argue against it. Seems like a pretty easy fix and easy money.
    The highly sought after 2016 posters went as fast as 2020 fan to fan tix (JK, but if you weren't right on it, you weren't getting one).  And I agree with your overall point.
  • Options
    BK35942BK35942 Posts: 22
    edited March 2020
    Long mere lines or not, I'm torn on this subject.  I would like the convenience of a home delivered poster, but the stories of hanging onto it all night and keeping it safe would be lost.