PJ Commissioned Artists for 2020 Tour Posters

13»

Comments

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 756
    I do like it when the poster links to the location as long as it’s not pandering or overly stereotypical (fine line I know).  There have been some great location specific posters over the years (love the Pendleton 2015 NYC), but a few that certainly don’t meet that bar.

While not location specific I do like the Lincoln 2014, and I believe the back of the poster references getaway as the source for the lighthouse reference on the print.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2020
    ST66483 said:
    I do like it when the poster links to the location as long as it’s not pandering or overly stereotypical (fine line I know).  There have been some great location specific posters over the years (love the Pendleton 2015 NYC), but a few that certainly don’t meet that bar.

While not location specific I do like the Lincoln 2014, and I believe the back of the poster references getaway as the source for the lighthouse reference on the print.
    Yup... Getaway is mentioned and NewFoundland on the back of the Lincoln poster.    huh? haha
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• EV4PREZEV4PREZ Posts: 30
    I am generally not a Pendleton fan. I was dissapointed with the two Brooklyn posters I bought. I did like the one I bought in Tampa 16 but other than that, he's at the top of my "do not want" list. 
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    joseph33 said:
    EV4PREZ said:
    I hang all the shows I go to and don't collect any others. So... I would like I nice piece of Artwork. 

I still have my Vancouver 11 in the tube.  I don't even respect it enough to put it in the portfolio.  Went to the show so I hold on to it, but at some point I need to do something with it -- and hanging it will not be an option.
    That is an all time FUGLY poster. I mean I know it's a hard job being an artist but I just to believe the artist of that worlfmanpig thing finished and said "oh yeah this thing is awesome!" Talk about punting on a poster.
    Jacksonville 16 is an eyesore. It ranks up there.
    Jacksonville is an eyesore. I lived there for 18 years, so I’m qualified to judge. 

But... I’d absolutely LOVE a Ft. Lauderdale 16 poster. Was at the show. Posters were gone way early, and you can see why. They are gorgeous. Or even Stunning, you could say  ;)
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    Lostpawn said:
    joseph33 said:
    EV4PREZ said:
    I hang all the shows I go to and don't collect any others. So... I would like I nice piece of Artwork. 

I still have my Vancouver 11 in the tube.  I don't even respect it enough to put it in the portfolio.  Went to the show so I hold on to it, but at some point I need to do something with it -- and hanging it will not be an option.
    That is an all time FUGLY poster. I mean I know it's a hard job being an artist but I just to believe the artist of that worlfmanpig thing finished and said "oh yeah this thing is awesome!" Talk about punting on a poster.
    Jacksonville is an eyesore. I lived there for 18 years, so I’m qualified to judge. 

But... I’d absolutely LOVE a Ft. Lauderdale 16 poster. Was at the show. Posters were gone way early, and you can see why. They are gorgeous. Or even Stunning, you could say  ;)
    I own an AP Ft. Lauderdale 16 and it is my favorite from that tour. The colors really pop in person too!
    edited March 2020
    Lostpawn said:
    joseph33 said:
    EV4PREZ said:

I own an AP Ft. Lauderdale 16 and it is my favorite from that tour. The colors really pop in person too!
    That poster fit the show really well,  then "Oceans" wasn't played at show... what???....so close!!!     ;) 

"Oceans" lyrics printed on back of poster...
    Post edited by myoung321 on

• LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    myoung321 said:
    Lostpawn said:
    joseph33 said:
    EV4PREZ said:

That poster fit the show really well,  then "Oceans" wasn't played at show... what???....so close!!!     ;) 

"Oceans" lyrics printed on back of poster...
    Yeah, I was really hoping for Oceans. But I can’t complain. The Go opener, the Indifference closer, Help Help, Patriot... amazing show. They made up for the late start, even if the last 30 minutes were with the lights on. 

Let me know if you’re getting bored of looking at your poster  ;)
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    SHZA said:
    Really hoping that Luke Martin does Baltimore! 
    I think everyone is banking on this. So much that he had to stay stop asking!

Did he confirm that he WASN'T doing the Baltimore poster? Or was it just leave me alone I can't say?
    The former is what I've heard. Could be misdirection, who knows?
    Thanks, that's a bummer. Maybe LandLand will do it.

That's a shame..I liked his work on the EV tour.

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,320
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    Really hoping that Luke Martin does Baltimore! 
    I think everyone is banking on this. So much that he had to stay stop asking!

Did he confirm that he WASN'T doing the Baltimore poster? Or was it just leave me alone I can't say?
    The former is what I've heard. Could be misdirection, who knows?
    Thanks, that's a bummer. Maybe LandLand will do it.