Options

PJ Commissioned Artists for 2020 Tour Posters

I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything in regard to who what artists are doing the tour posters? I remember a list came out a few weeks before the home shows and I'm wondering if that's the case again. I dropped Facebook a little over a year ago and for the first time, I feel like I'm missing out on some good PJ scoop. 

Comments

• Options
    F5F5 Posts: 791
    edited February 2020
    Please let it be Ames!!
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,564
    Pretty sure Klausen will be in the mix.  Got a feeling an EMEK might feature as well! 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    Really hoping that Luke Martin does Baltimore! 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,250
    I believe he confirmed he's not 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,881
    SHZA said:
    I believe he confirmed he's not 

Pretty sure that's correct.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    I'm hoping for another Bioworkz 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    Hoping for some crappy ones for my shows, that way people will be nearly giving them away after the next mystery box and I don't have to fight long lines or high prices.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    You'll find out the day of/maybe say before the show.  
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 903
    mace1229 said:
    Hoping for some crappy ones for my shows, that way people will be nearly giving them away after the next mystery box and I don't have to fight long lines or high prices.
    Amen to that! I just want the souvenir, I’m not in it to build a business 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    So, you don't want an awesome piece of artwork to commemorate your show/experience?
    Odd to me....there are some stunning posters.  Some ones that I would not want to hang, ever.
    Takes all types I guess.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I hang all the shows I go to and don't collect any others. So... I would like I nice piece of Artwork. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    EV4PREZ said:
    I hang all the shows I go to and don't collect any others. So... I would like I nice piece of Artwork. 

I still have my Vancouver 11 in the tube.  I don't even respect it enough to put it in the portfolio.  Went to the show so I hold on to it, but at some point I need to do something with it -- and hanging it will not be an option.
  • Options
    EV4PREZ said:

I still have my Vancouver 11 in the tube.  I don't even respect it enough to put it in the portfolio.  Went to the show so I hold on to it, but at some point I need to do something with it -- and hanging it will not be an option.
    That is an all time FUGLY poster. I mean I know it's a hard job being an artist but I just to believe the artist of that worlfmanpig thing finished and said "oh yeah this thing is awesome!" Talk about punting on a poster.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    So, you don't want an awesome piece of artwork to commemorate your show/experience?
    Odd to me....there are some stunning posters.  Some ones that I would not want to hang, ever.
    Takes all types I guess.
    I was half kidding. I wouldn’t want anything like a Pitt 13 or a Roma for my shows because I would never be able to own it.
    But there are plenty of cool posters that are easily obtainable from recent years.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Takes all types I guess.
    I was half kidding. I wouldn’t want anything like a Pitt 13 or a Roma for my shows because I would never be able to own it.
    But there are plenty of cool posters that are easily obtainable from recent years.

Yeah, I can get that.  But...if it is that important I am sure you will be early in the line and get one.  My deal is that I would 10x rather hang out with friends and have some beers than stand in line...so, I might be out.  (I also buy/hang shows that I don't go to and don't stress about getting for the ones that I do.  Although I want a damn Pitt and Rome!)

EV4PREZ said:

That is an all time FUGLY poster. I mean I know it's a hard job being an artist but I just to believe the artist of that worlfmanpig thing finished and said "oh yeah this thing is awesome!" Talk about punting on a poster.

:lol:  r'amen to that.
  • Options
    Vancouver 11 is by far the ugliest on my wall but it's my favourite. I met Jeff, Mike, Stone and Matt after the show and they signed my poster and got EV to sign it too so... fugly is my favourite. 
  • Options
    Would like to see more street artists.

Maybe Bumble Bee Loves you or BD White?

I'd like to see another one w D'Face.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,854
    EV4PREZ said:
    Vancouver 11 is by far the ugliest on my wall but it's my favourite. I met Jeff, Mike, Stone and Matt after the show and they signed my poster and got EV to sign it too so... fugly is my favourite. 
    Details...
    ^^^pictures
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,189
    EV4PREZ said:

I'd rather have a wolfmanpig type of poster than most of Klausen's efforts. I don't know what it is, but looking at his art makes me dizzy. Too busy for my liking and I'm sure me putting this out into the universe just commissioned Klausen for OKC & Denver.

• Options
    JW269453 said:
    EV4PREZ said:

I'd rather have a wolfmanpig type of poster than most of Klausen's efforts. I don't know what it is, but looking at his art makes me dizzy. Too busy for my liking and I'm sure me putting this out into the universe just commissioned Klausen for OKC & Denver.

Did you just say you like wolfmanpig better than the genius work of Brad Klausen?

Seriously, though.

• Options
    JW269453 said:
    EV4PREZ said:

Did you just say you like wolfmanpig better than the genius work of Brad Klausen?

Seriously, though.

Not trashing Klausen, just not for me more often than not. Trying to figure out what is going on in most of his pieces reminds me of those 90s optical illusion posters where you stare at a point then slowly move back for everything to come into focus. Before you know it you are cross eyed and just give up.

• Options
    Like the one this dummy was staring at in Mallrats?
    (It's not a schooner it's a sailboat!)

BTW, not for nothing, but that could have been me on the left when that was filmed.  I swear I had that same clothing.
    Looked like a dumbass with that shit tied around my waste.  (Waist?  Stefan?!)
    At least I didn't dress like the other two.
  • Options
    Ha, exactly! Much better than the sweater around the neck 80s look though, that was just inexcusable.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    Image result for real genius movie
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    Image result for real genius movie
    KENT!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Well they are headed back to the scene of this memorable addition to the Hall of Posters (Pearl Jam Wing).
    As I envision it....they will continue with the theme and make a six eyed native american and an eight eyed brothel worker...a full western theme for Oakland.....
  • Options
    Double Eyes NEVER works, not even if Da Vinci made it
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Please let the "skull and or skeletons" trend be over.... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    Please let the "skull and or skeletons" trend be over.... 
    ...and multiple eyes.

But Please, PLEASE PLEASE bring back the Nutsack Vulture!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    Takes all types I guess.
    Is stunning to poster descriptions as gutted is to ticket fails?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore