PJ Commissioned Artists for 2020 Tour Posters

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,110
    edited February 2020
    Not sure.  Up to you, I guess.
    I find no hyperbole in the way that art can move me.  
    Also, pretty sure most don't criticize others finding beauty in things.  
    Again, up to you how you want to read.

Crushed over not getting a concert tickets vs. taken aback/amazed by a beautiful artistic image.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Really hoping that Luke Martin does Baltimore! 
    I think everyone is banking on this. So much that he had to stay stop asking!

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948

Crushed over not getting a concert tickets vs. taken aback/amazed by a beautiful artistic image.
    No criticism. Just an observation.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:

Right 
    on2legs said:

Right 
    I frequently see people refer to posters as “stunning” on here and it struck me as similar to the frequent use of gutted to describe missing out on tickets.  

To quote your own advice... up to you how you want to read. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PB11041 said:
    Image result for real genius movie
    KENT!
    Stop touching yourself!
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Right 
    I frequently see people refer to posters as “stunning” on here and it struck me as similar to the frequent use of gutted to describe missing out on tickets.  

To quote your own advice... up to you how you want to read. 
    Make something said as a positive thing into the same thing clearly said as hyperbole and/or a negative thing.
    Yes - up to you.
    Anyone can be a dick, all they have to do is try.
    You’re clearly having a bad day based on the name calling here and harassment in the other threads.  We all get to have an opinion here.  No need to act like that. 

• So it's just fine to make shitty comments if you say "no criticism"?

Right 
    So it's just fine to make shitty comments if you say "no criticism"?

Right 
    Have a great day.  Moving on.  

• Really hoping that Luke Martin does Baltimore! 

Did he confirm that he WASN'T doing the Baltimore poster? Or was it just leave me alone I can't say?
  • on2legs said:

Right 
    Oh c'mon Tom, I'm enjoying this!  Keep it going!
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    All I know is this, Oakland is OWED a damn good poster after the double eyed Roy Rogers print we got stuck with back in ‘13! 
  • oo712oo712 Posts: 28
    All I know is this, Oakland is OWED a damn good poster after the double eyed Roy Rogers print we got stuck with back in ‘13! 
    Praying for a chuck sperry
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 714
    Hoping for Ken Taylor to do a poster for a show I’m at. Would also love to see Jock do a poster for Pearl Jam. Not actually sure if he’s done concert posters before.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    Really hoping that Luke Martin does Baltimore! 

Did he confirm that he WASN'T doing the Baltimore poster? Or was it just leave me alone I can't say?
    The former is what I've heard. Could be misdirection, who knows?
  • All I know is this, Oakland is OWED a damn good poster after the double eyed Roy Rogers print we got stuck with back in ‘13! 
    Right!?  The last few bay area posters I have are the 4 eyed cowboy (oakland) and the two hands breaking a bomb in half -- not ugly just kind of bland.  It'd be great to have a nice Oakland poster.  I will say the solo Vedder poster from 2011 (star wars) themed is one of my favorites and does hang in my office.  Cowboy is still in a tube.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Banksy, finally
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • We need some Daniel Danger work asap
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Right!?  The last few bay area posters I have are the 4 eyed cowboy (oakland) and the two hands breaking a bomb in half -- not ugly just kind of bland.  It'd be great to have a nice Oakland poster.  I will say the solo Vedder poster from 2011 (star wars) themed is one of my favorites and does hang in my office.  Cowboy is still in a tube.  
    Come to think of it, most of the Bay Area show posters have been let downs compared with posters I picked up at shows in other cities. However I do like the snake skateboard from the ‘09 Outside Lands gig, the only year the club took care of its members by allowing them to order the poster in advance and have it shipped to you. Of course I still ended up buying the limited edition neon colored version at the show that I now have framed side by side with the show edition.
  • E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 234
    PB11041 said:
    Image result for real genius movie
    KENT!
    Stop touching yourself!

It really is God. 
  • SHZA said:
    Really hoping that Luke Martin does Baltimore! 

The former is what I've heard. Could be misdirection, who knows?
    Thanks, that's a bummer. Maybe LandLand will do it.
    on2legs said:

Right 
    You must be gutted.  😉

• on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Right 
    You must be gutted.  😉
    Longtime fan and yes, I am gutted that you are moving on...
  • EV4PREZ said:
    I hang all the shows I go to and don't collect any others. So... I would like I nice piece of Artwork. 
    We are thinking with the same brain here. 
  • I just wanna know where Shakedown is gonna be in St Louis.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • EV4PREZ said:
    I hang all the shows I go to and don't collect any others. So... I would like I nice piece of Artwork. 
    We are thinking with the same brain here. 
    Nice!
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    myoung321 said:
    Please let the "skull and or skeletons" trend be over.... 
    Tsang is pretty much the only artist other than Emek that does these well. But yeah, the skull merch is outta control! It's like walking into Hot Topic.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2020
     Let the OKC poster be Basketball related with Sonics colors turning to Thunder colors... missed the opportunity in '13

Side note: Hey Artists... Nice when the poster has at least a little relevance to show location.

Cool, but this poster says nothing about Lincoln, Nebraska...;)  Ocean lighthouses have never made anyone think "Nebraska" 

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Completely agree with this...the poster theme should tie into the venue/location. That lighthouse is hilariously dumb for a show in Nebraska

• joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    EV4PREZ said:

I still have my Vancouver 11 in the tube.  I don't even respect it enough to put it in the portfolio.  Went to the show so I hold on to it, but at some point I need to do something with it -- and hanging it will not be an option.
    That is an all time FUGLY poster. I mean I know it's a hard job being an artist but I just to believe the artist of that worlfmanpig thing finished and said "oh yeah this thing is awesome!" Talk about punting on a poster.
    Jacksonville 16 is an eyesore. It ranks up there.