Options

PJ on the Joe Rogan Experience

EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
It would be really fucking cool to see the band go the route of appearing on JRE to “promote” Gigaton and the tour and the charity foundation and all that good shit. It just seems to be the new preferred alternative to run-of-the-mill talk shows, as demonstrated by the appearance of certain Presidential hopefuls (Bernie, Tulsi) and entertainers (Bill Maher). I just think it would be great to see them get into it with someone in a longer-format interview. 

Comments

• Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by guitar101 on
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    guitar101 said:
    I kind of doubt they would considering he's given a platform to far right individuals such as alex jones, gavin mcinnes, tulsi etc.  I realize he tries to give all positions a platform, but the fact that white supremacists etc have been on there doesnt sit well with a lot of folks.
    Haha, Tulsa’s far-right? I expect this sort of nonsense on twitter, why would this forum be any different?
  • Options
    xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138

He's also had anti-racists on there, Daryl Davis was just on there recently and it was a fantastic episode.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Options
    I love how it’s just too much for some people that a man would invite a controversial figure onto his podcast to have a conversation. It’s simultaneously hilarious and sad that this is something that doesn’t “sit well” with people.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,651
    guitar101 said:
    It doesnt sit well because it lends legitimacy to what were at one point fringe view points.  Not every viewpoint deserves a platform, especially not in an era when there are literal white supremacists in the white house. 
    🙄
  • Options
    guitar101 said:
    It doesnt sit well because it lends legitimacy to what were at one point fringe view points.  Not every viewpoint deserves a platform, especially not in an era when there are literal white supremacists in the white house. 
    Hah. I guess I should just be happy you didn’t call Rogan himself “far-right” or “trans-phobic.” Curious what viewpoints you’ve seen expressed on the show that are just too extreme to be even discussed.
  • Options
    guitar101 said:
    Because again, you mentioned Tulsi as being “far-right,” which leads me to question your knowledge of the show or its guests. So how does her name come up in that sense?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    I do t think she’s far right, but she does have supporters in that realm and other fringe groups (like very online libertarians). Appearing in Fox News all the time doesn’t help that narrative. 

She’s basically the Democrat of Republicans dreams. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Agree that some his guests are dopes who I am surprised he has on.  Also agree that just because people have opinions does not mean they should have platforms to share/attempt to justify those opinions.

That stated, I watch many of Joe Rogan's podcasts on YouTube after the fact when I find the guests interesting.  I find his questions to be sincere and he seems to own what he does and does not know, fairly well.  (Tough for us all to do, right?)

Would find Pearl Jam interesting on there, but the idea of this being something that could happen in any way/shape/form never occurred to me.

I would watch, though, for sure.

Until then I will take some of the extreme athletes he brings on there, on loop.  I am fascinated by many of them, and by the incredible willpower/dedication exhibited by some folks. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    guitar101 said:
    I clearly offended you which wasnt my intention, but my point is simply this.  To grant such a large platform to voices who have a primary agenda of spreading a hateful ideology is wreckless.  I dont include Tulsi in this group, but if you really think her goal is to defeat Trump, then you've clearly already made up your mind.
    Not offended. Just wondering why you DID include her. But now you don’t. Okay...
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    guitar101 said:
    I clearly offended you which wasnt my intention, but my point is simply this.  To grant such a large platform to voices who have a primary agenda of spreading a hateful ideology is wreckless.  I dont include Tulsi in this group, but if you really think her goal is to defeat Trump, then you've clearly already made up your mind.
    Not offended. Just wondering why you DID include her. But now you don’t. Okay...

I suspect we agree on more issues than we disagree.  Lets agree to disagree on this one and call it a day.  Ive derailed this thread long enough.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
  • Options
    guitar101 said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    guitar101 said:

I suspect we agree on more issues than we disagree.  Lets agree to disagree on this one and call it a day.  Ive derailed this thread long enough.
    👍🏻👍🏻
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    It would be really fucking cool to see the band go the route of appearing on JRE to “promote” Gigaton and the tour and the charity foundation and all that good shit. It just seems to be the new preferred alternative to run-of-the-mill talk shows, as demonstrated by the appearance of certain Presidential hopefuls (Bernie, Tulsi) and entertainers (Bill Maher). I just think it would be great to see them get into it with someone in a longer-format interview. 
    So... if you want them to do long-format interviews, why not propose WTF, The Ringer, Lars Ulrich's It's Electric etc etc etc

instead of

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    So... if you want them to do long-format interviews, why not propose WTF, The Ringer, Lars Ulrich's It's Electric etc etc etc

instead of

Because I’m a bigger fan of Rogan’s show. Feel free to start a new discussion to suggest they go on those shows, if you’d like.
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    EarlWelsh said:

instead of

Because I’m a bigger fan of Rogan’s show. Feel free to start a new discussion to suggest they go on those shows, if you’d like.
    You're way behind m8

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7091663#Comment_7091663
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    EarlWelsh said:

instead of

You're way behind m8

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7091663#Comment_7091663
    Cool
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    Bill Maher has sat down with some pretty odd people over the years, and Ed is willing to bring his family to his house every new year.  So, you know, just saying.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    Bill Maher has sat down with some pretty odd people over the years, and Ed is willing to bring his family to his house every new year.  So, you know, just saying.
    Pearl Jam should be the first (?) musical guests on the Bill Maher show.
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    JRE had a good, near 2 hour interview with Billy Corgan.  It was a couple of years ago and I appreciated how introspective Billy was to share his successes and failures so openly.  I’m not sure the format would serve the band well, but maybe a member.  While I would appreciate hearing from any of the band members there, I think Jeff would be my pick for that forum with Joe.  Art, music, basketball, skateboarding, community outreach, life...definitely a lot of interesting ground could be covered.
  • Options
    AKRounder85AKRounder85 Phila Posts: 250
    I would love PJ on Rogan, I just dont see it though.
    2000- 9/1 Camden
    2003- 4/28 Philly, 7/5 Camden
    2005- 10/3 Philly
    2006- 5/27 Camden, 5/28 Camden, 6/3 East Rutherford
    2008- 6/19 Camden, 6/20 Camden
    2009- 10/29 Philly, 10/28 Philly, 10/30 Philly, 10/31 Philly
    2012- 9/2 Made In America
    2013- 10/21 Philly, 10/22 Philly
    2016- 4/28 Philly, 4/29 Philly
    Wishlist: Thumbing My Way, Black Red Yellow, Sleight of Hand
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    Fuck Joe Rogan.

POS.

I would literally hate this.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Fuck Joe Rogan.

POS.

Tell us how you really feel
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I fucking LOVE Rogan.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Fuck Joe Rogan.

POS.

Ok, ok...I’ll bite. Why would you literally hate this, as opposed to figuratively hate this? Why “Fuck Joe Rogan?”
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    if I had to choose one member to go on, it would be stone. I think he'd be the best representative of the group as a whole. 

and he could bring waffles. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Fuck Joe Rogan.

POS.

POS? why "fuck joe rogan"?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    if I had to choose one member to go on, it would be stone. I think he'd be the best representative of the group as a whole. 

I think they could pull off a few members to be honest. Maybe Stone, Eddie, and Jeff? I don’t know. Hard to say. Mike is a great personality, too. If I had to pick one I’d go with Jeff.
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:

I think they could pull off a few members to be honest. Maybe Stone, Eddie, and Jeff? I don’t know. Hard to say. Mike is a great personality, too. If I had to pick one I’d go with Jeff.
    I can't see Ed ever going on JRE. don't know the man obviously, but for some reason I can't envision it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com