Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    MR242791 said:
    I’ve made plans for a trip in September. I really hope msg isn’t postponed for the week of sept 21 ☹️

Plus imma lose money for my California plane tickets 😢

damn you coronavirus!!!!!
    You should be able to reschedule the flights.  I thought most airlines are allowing that.
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,996
    So you’re telling me that the search for tickets for this show is now set to go on....indefinitely?
  • Options
    Kovsar86Kovsar86 Scranton, PA Posts: 756
    tdawe said:
    So you’re telling me that the search for tickets for this show is now set to go on....indefinitely?
    Good thing we like each other haha
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    kane316kane316 Posts: 166
    I'm beyond words right now and pissed as most of you are. But do we think that the winners, yes like myself, sorry I'm being selfish, that SiriusXM will honor our prizes or will we be screwed out based on the contest rules?  
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    Can someone tell Stone and Mike breakfast has been rescheduled to my place this weekend? Thanks
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    @pjpjpaul you better have a nice collection of Led Zeppelin, RHCP and Radiohead records
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    I guess I shouldn’t have called them 1200 times 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,303
    kane316 said:
    I'm beyond words right now and pissed as most of you are. But do we think that the winners, yes like myself, sorry I'm being selfish, that SiriusXM will honor our prizes or will we be screwed out based on the contest rules?  

I'd think they'd give the winners the option for the new date, but who knows for sure
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    kane316 said:
    Not sure why you’d even think this? I’m positive your tickets will be honored at the rescheduled date. 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    @pjpjpaul you better have a nice collection of Led Zeppelin, RHCP and Radiohead records
    something like this? 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    @pjpjpaul touché my friend, touché
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    kane316 said:
    They won’t reschedule this. We’re fucked. Too good to be true. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,299
    RS151862 said:
    kane316 said:
    They won’t reschedule this. We’re fucked. Too good to be true. 
    Why not?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    It says on there Apollo postponed. Not cancelled. Relax winners you are still in. But if you can’t make it to the new date can I please be your alternate?
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    Kovsar86 said:
    They really should have just came in here and gotten all of our contact info and let this gauntlet be ours lol
    Seriously. There’s only about a dozen or so of us. Seems pretty simple to just give them here and make us promise to take another poster. 
  • Options
    kane316kane316 Posts: 166
    The rules clearly state that SiriusXM has the right to modify, extend, suspend or terminate the giveaway. It could go any which way. 
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    GR280729 said:
    MR242791 said:
    I’ve made plans for a trip in September. I really hope msg isn’t postponed for the week of sept 21 ☹️

Plus imma lose money for my California plane tickets 😢

damn you coronavirus!!!!!
    You should be able to reschedule the flights.  I thought most airlines are allowing that.
    I bought tickets with Alaska Airlines and they are waiving cancellation fees through March 31 only.  If I cancel now I will lose a few hundred dollars and I don’t know when the new dates are and I don’t know if I can make the new dates. ☹️
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    kane316 said:
    The rules clearly state that SiriusXM has the right to modify, extend, suspend or terminate the giveaway. It could go any which way. 
    kane316 said:
    Wow. I don’t think they will terminate after weeks of the winners calling in. Wow 
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    Kovsar86 said:
    Tour postponed announcement on Twitter

Spring Tour Postponed
    Letter from the Band 
    News March 9 2020

As residents of the city of Seattle, we’ve been hit hard and have witnessed firsthand how quickly these disastrous situations can escalate. Our kids’ schools have closed along with universities and businesses. It’s been brutal and it’s gonna get worse before it gets better. 

So we are being told that being part of large gatherings is high on the list of things to avoid as this global health crisis is now beginning to affect all of our lives.

Unfortunately, communing in large groups is a huge part of what we do as a band and the tour we’ve been busy planning for months is now in jeopardy...

We have and will always keep the safety and well-being of our supporters as top priority. 

So it is with deep frustration and regret that we are forced to make this most unfortunate of announcements...

This scheduled first leg of our PJ/Gigaton tour will need to be postponed and shows rescheduled for a later date.

We’ve worked hard with all our management and business associates to find other solutions or options but the levels of risk to our audience and their communities is simply too high for our comfort level. Add to that we also have a unique group of passionate fans who travel far and wide. We’ve always been humbled by this and respect their energies and devotion. However in this case, travel is something to avoid.

It certainly hasn’t helped that there’s been no clear messages from our government regarding people’s safety and our ability to go to work. Having no examples of our national health department’s ability to get ahead of this, we have no reason to believe that it will be under control in the coming weeks ahead. 

Again, here in Seattle what we are witnessing we would not wish for anyone. What we do wish for the rest of the country is that they can avoid the harsh negative effects of this and retain their sense of community and take care of one another. Just as we look forward to our next concerts and the ability to gather together and play loud songs as energized as ever.

We are so sorry…

And deeply upset...

If anyone out there feels the same based on this news, we share that emotion with you.

- Ed & Pearl Jam

Wait. Is this for real?  No Apollo?  No msg????
  • Options
    i see no reason why anyone here should be worried they won't honor previous events/tickets.   everyone that has MSG tickets will still have MSG tickets.  and the Apollo show is too special IMO for them to cancel completely.   similar to the stoked fears surrounding this coronavirus, everyone needs to just chill, have a homebrew and listen to recordings a little bit longer before we're treated again to their live show.

the shows will happen...
  • Options
    i see no reason why anyone here should be worried they won't honor previous events/tickets.   everyone that has MSG tickets will still have MSG tickets.  and the Apollo show is too special IMO for them to cancel completely.   similar to the stoked fears surrounding this coronavirus, everyone needs to just chill, have a homebrew and listen to recordings a little bit longer before we're treated again to their live show.

the shows will happen...
    Email just came in that tix will be honored for the new dates. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    That F2F tix exchange is gonna get real busy over the coming months.
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    Wow, big news. Had a feeling this might happen but didn't want to say it out loud. It's tough but the right thing to do. Let's all stick together, support the band, and support each other. Stay safe everyone.
    🤙
  • Options
    afgpj said:
    That F2F tix exchange is gonna get real busy over the coming months.
    Let it. I am on it all night! Need to clean my house anyway haha
    concert ticket season means no money to pay a house keeper hahaha
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 479
    Wait you mean it was all for nothing?  The calls, the all circuits busy, the rearranging of schedules, the 5 hours a day of listening to PJ radio?  All for nothing?

I say no.  This experience created something positive in this thread that I haven’t seen on the boards (and in general anywhere) in several years.  The camaraderie, sense of teamwork, excitement, and humor through this little shared experience was well worth the trip.
  • Options
    bootleg said:
    Wait you mean it was all for nothing?  The calls, the all circuits busy, the rearranging of schedules, the 5 hours a day of listening to PJ radio?  All for nothing?

I say no.  This experience created something positive in this thread that I haven’t seen on the boards (and in general anywhere) in several years.  The camaraderie, sense of teamwork, excitement, and humor through this little shared experience was well worth the trip.

This! I LOVE THIS GROUP!!! 
    It may be on hold but oh no its not over.
    the Apollo crew will never say die
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    perkjam20perkjam20 Nashville Posts: 175
    sad, down, just breath, alive, hold on, future days, faithful, come back,
  • Options

Way to go Ticketmaster 😒
  • Options
    molecule said:
    Wow, big news. Had a feeling this might happen but didn't want to say it out loud. It's tough but the right thing to do. Let's all stick together, support the band, and support each other. Stay safe everyone.
    I had a feeling it was going to as well... alas, PJ will take care of us I am sure the last thing they wanted was for this to happen. Dates will be rescheduled and all will be well.  Even higher energy to be expected from the crowd.
    Off (s)He Goes