Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    ApecarroApecarro Posts: 118
    edited February 2020
    Zod said:
    Apecarro said:
    Apecarro said:
    For the Hamilton tickets they give you time to complete your order?? Not for Baltimore wtf

Because Those are vitality foundation tickets, not F2F 
    That’s exactly why
    I get that they’re not f2f but that seems shiesty
    It's because there's no real fan to fan system.  All they did was used their regular resell system but fixed the price on it.   The system was designed for scalper prices so tickets never move fast enough to need worry about them leaving a cart.   The vitalogy tickets are using the regular system (that's usually used for platinum tickets) which has the timer.
    Got it. Would still like 12 seconds to check out. Oh well back at it. Think I’ve lost feeling in three of my fingers. 
    Post edited by Apecarro on
  • Options
    Funny i think we will see a second wave of F2f when then people holding tickets see there is no trade value. Still seeing a lot people trying to trade show for show, when we know its really not possible with the new system... Same show, may have some trades GA for low sides.... or floor res for side, once you are in the building.. also week of show will see the next push.. trickle until then.. good luck all.
  • Options
    Any Phoenix posted today ... not seen one since last night 220 upper corner
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    madhat181 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    RF123172 said:
    I just hope there are Amtrak tickets left from NYC to Baltimore by the time I am successful.  The lowest cost Saver tickets are not refundable.  I guess I could buy a more expensive class that is refundable.  Then if I get a PJ ticket, buy a Saver fare if still available and get a refund on the more expensive ticket.   I already have my hotel booked and can cancel without a fee up to 24 hours.  Curious what others have done.   Some of you seem bigger risk takers than me.  I'd never travel to another city without the concert ticket in my hand.

Heading down is not that hard....coming back up on Sunday is the hard part.

Assuming you wanna come back on Sunday unless you wanna spend the extra $, you either need to head back mad early or wait until late afternoon/evening to find a train. 
    You can take a Megabus for $25 Baltimore to NYC. Early afternoon less than 4 hours with WiFi included. There’s a one leaving at 3:10 PM that gets you back in NYC at around 6:30 just in time for dinner 
    I booked this entire thing when Dimi leaked the dates in December.

$130 for a hotel across the street, $110 total roundtrip Amtrak at perfect times.

I am going out and smoking a fucking cigar.
    If u get better ones by chance...I'll take these
  • Options
    SP218311SP218311 Boston, MA Posts: 171
    Any Phoenix posted today ... not seen one since last night 220 upper corner
    Snagged a pair in 122 this morning (it was like 730am EST)
    1998 Mansfield 09/15 | 2000 Mansfield 08/30 | 2003 Mansfield 07/02, 07/03, 07/11 | 2004 Boston 09/28 | 2006 Boston 05/24, 05/25 | 
    2008 Mansfield 06/28, 06/30 | 2009 Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 | 2010 Boston 05/17 | 2013 Worcester 10/15, 10/16 - Hartford 10/25 |
    2016 Boston 08/05, 08/07 - Chicago 08/20, 08/22 | 2018 Seattle 08/08, 08/10 - Boston 09/02, 09/04 | 2022 Denver, 09/22
  • Options
    RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Saw a great pair in STL for Section A row 15......congrats to anyone who got it.
  • Options
    103 TO
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 306
    RT85129 said:
    Saw a great pair in STL for Section A row 15......congrats to anyone who got it.
    whoa.  I've been at it a bit today and didn't see those.  saw some 305 and some 109's at the same time...missed out on the 305's, thought I had them.  I was cat like when I grabbed em.
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24
    Noblesville 8-26-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 707
    Ok I’m ready for another Baltimore 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,549
    TW150753 said:
    TW150753 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    YYYYYEEEESSSS!!!!

I just bagged the 2 in Sec 318!!!

This nightmare is OVER!!!

Holy fuck.

Congrats!!  This is awesome.
    Saltzy, I mean 318 is ok, but you could do better.... 

Yeah, I mean did you really go through all that to sit in the nosebleeds? C'mon man!
  • Options
    BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 418

I’m going to be seeing this in my dreams for years to come
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    grrr....great pair for Ham just up and gone. #tooslow
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    BagCzech said:

I’m going to be seeing this in my dreams for years to come
    Hahaha well done. Me too. 
  • Options
    I know I haven't been the fastest at some of these....but jeez, i'm amazed at how many people must be just glued to this. I've got a 6 second auto refresh - saw those Hamilton tickets immediately. 1 click to hit "Got it", 1 click to shut the auto refresh off and boom - they're gone. It's crazy. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    I know I haven't been the fastest at some of these....but jeez, i'm amazed at how many people must be just glued to this. I've got a 6 second auto refresh - saw those Hamilton tickets immediately. 1 click to hit "Got it", 1 click to shut the auto refresh off and boom - they're gone. It's crazy. 
    I stopped using the auto refresh just to avoid having to do that extra click. 
  • Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    I sent an email to myself to see which connection was faster (phone or laptop).  For me it was phone, so I've been using that since.  The app is quicker for sure.
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    BagCzech said:
    Ya, I guess can't afford the extra click - but it's definitely let me "see" more having the auto refresh. I'm still just astonished there are that many people paying insanely close attention to this...still. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    BagCzech said:
    Ya, I guess can't afford the extra click - but it's definitely let me "see" more having the auto refresh. I'm still just astonished there are that many people paying insanely close attention to this...still. 
    It really is insane.
  • Options
    I've primarily ben trying from my phone the last 4/5 (however many) days but the refresh on the computer is so much faster.  We'll see.
  • Options
    I’ve done nothing but the phone. Manually refreshing the app every second. It’s going to cost me my soul. 😆 
  • Options
    Apecarro said:
    I've primarily ben trying from my phone the last 4/5 (however many) days but the refresh on the computer is so much faster.  We'll see.
    what do you figure your average "refreshes per hour" is on your phone? 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Jadler said:
    I’ve done nothing but the phone. Manually refreshing the app every second. It’s going to cost me my soul. 😆 
    jeez, my thumb hurts just thinking about this. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Apecarro said:
    My best guess is 40/minute so 2,400 per hour
  • Options
    Apecarro said:
    Apecarro said:
    wow. that's on the app? back arrow - show-back arrow-show-back arrow-show? Since there are VF tix for TO and HAM - i've been using the "apply filters" rather than in/out and having to click "Got it". 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Jadler said:
    jeez, my thumb hurts just thinking about this. 
    It’s outrageous lol. Have to move around in multiple positions to stay comfortable. We will see what this next week brings! Carpul Tunnel or bust this week. Staying positive!!
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 930

wow. that's on the app? back arrow - show-back arrow-show-back arrow-show? Since there are VF tix for TO and HAM - i've been using the "apply filters" rather than in/out and having to click "Got it". 
    I thought about that but does it only filter the current results or does it reload all new results?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,262
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    YYYYYEEEESSSS!!!!

I just bagged the 2 in Sec 318!!!

This nightmare is OVER!!!

Holy fuck.

Congrats man, enjoy the show. 

How many hours would you say it takes a day to keep checking and score? (Not including the time commenting on here).

some serious perseverance among the Faithfull.
    I'm not sure you are gonna wanna hear the answer to that.

Whereas many people here kinda joke around about OCD, I really do have a pretty decent dose of it.  My mom used to say when I was a kid that once I locked down on something there was no point in even trying to get me to let it go.

I would say that since Tuesday night I spent the better part of 12 hours a day refreshing the site.

It's a cliche, but my philosophy in life has always been that if you want it more than anyone else, you will get it.

Out of the 100% of people that were originally clammering to get tickets, we are probably down to like 50% that are still actively really 'trying'.

Out of that 50% I'd bet that only a small amount have been as diligent as the people in this thread.   If you keep at it as most normal people give up, the odds will start to tilt in your favor. 

That was the mind game I played with myself since this thing opened, and wallah....sweet, sweet success.

Thanks. I am likely going to one show so I'm very lucky. I just know you've been on here dealing with the east coast blues like me.

I'm not sure if I have the stamina to pound refresh for 12 hours. And if I did, I'd probably be zombied out when tickets did appear I'd freeze or keep refreshing. Congrats. Good job!
  • Options
    Apecarro said:
    Apecarro said:
    Yep, back arrow (left pointer finger->Baltimore right (pointer finger) repeat, repeat, repeat
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,262
    Zod said:
    Apecarro said:
    Apecarro said:
    For the Hamilton tickets they give you time to complete your order?? Not for Baltimore wtf

Because Those are vitality foundation tickets, not F2F 
    That’s exactly why
    I get that they’re not f2f but that seems shiesty
    It's because there's no real fan to fan system.  All they did was used their regular resell system but fixed the price on it.   The system was designed for scalper prices so tickets never move fast enough to need worry about them leaving a cart.   The vitalogy tickets are using the regular system (that's usually used for platinum tickets) which has the timer.
    Right. It's designed to help the seller not the buyer. It's not fair to the seller for their system to lock up tickets for 10 minutes for a potential sale
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    ISO a single GA  for Quebec City ,  I’m a great guy to hang with and have an amazing sense of humor. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....????