Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    Tenaka said:
    There are a lot of QC tickets up now & some that aren’t listed as verified fan. Like entire rows in the 200s now suddenly available like they were held back until today. Weird.
    My guess is scalpers
    Yeah it says normal price so not sure. Interesting.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,534
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    At least a fan got them!

I hate you, Katie Ellison Watts.
    Maybe she needs a +1
    For the record.  I don’t hate you and I’d be an excellent +1.  
    Haha well I'm not katie but I'm kinda jealous of her right now
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    epbadger said:
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    At least a fan got them!

Maybe she needs a +1
    For the record.  I don’t hate you and I’d be an excellent +1.  
    No you said it....no take backs. take me Katie that will show him
    I didn’t say it!  Katie has always been golden to me 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    bjubbbjubb Posts: 26
    ive been looking for ways to be alerted when a fan lists tickets , to no avail.  looking for Baltimore or even NYC ,  but I dont have time to refresh all day.   ive twice had a pair in my cart but failed to checkout via the app.   

any tips or better yet does anybody wish to unload Baltimore tickets?
  • Options
    There are a lot of QC tickets up now & some that aren’t listed as verified fan. Like entire rows in the 200s now suddenly available like they were held back until today. Weird.
    That is weird. Entire rows available. Definitely held back. So shady.
  • Options
    bjubb said:
    ive been looking for ways to be alerted when a fan lists tickets , to no avail.  looking for Baltimore or even NYC ,  but I dont have time to refresh all day.   ive twice had a pair in my cart but failed to checkout via the app.   

The fan to fan system is a joke man. unless you have no life and can sit there refreshing for hours while signed into your TM account with your CC info saved and security code memorized you stand no chance. I even had a fellow PJ member text me right when they listed them and i was still beat out.
  • Options
    bjubb said:

Other than using an auto refresher there really isn't much. You need to monitor it because as soon as the pardon the interruption thing pops up it stays until you click the pictures.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,404
    bjubb said:

The fan to fan system is a joke man. unless you have no life and can sit there refreshing for hours while signed into your TM account with your CC info saved and security code memorized you stand no chance. I even had a fellow PJ member text me right when they listed them and i was still beat out.
    I don't think it's a Joke. I think it was designed more for the sellers.   A way for people to get rid of tickets if they couldn't make it kind of thing.  Given that actual people need to sell tickets for any tickets to appear, it means they were going to be few and far between.    It was never going to be an abundance of tickets that stayed on the website for a long while.  The biggest annoying thing is the not locking them up to the first person who added to cart.  Other than that it's working as I expected.

I think it's a testament to how many of the tickets went into the hands of people that would use them the first time around.   Leaving only the odd pair to get resold.
  • Options
    Going to post a pair for LA 1, Sec F Floor in a few minutes if someone is out there. 

RandyM02
  • Options
    SorrelsSorrels Atlanta Posts: 37
    Other than using an auto refresher there really isn't much. You need to monitor it because as soon as the pardon the interruption thing pops up it stays until you click the pictures.
    That's exactly what I've been doing and was able to get two pairs of tickets this morning. Much better than have to constantly click and I've got it open on another monitor at my desk and just keep an eye on it as much as possible.  Have it set to refresh every 5 seconds.
    Boston - September, 2018
    Nashville - April, 2020
    Atlanta - Hopefully fall of 2020

• Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    bjubb said:

Also, they really shouldn't let people get all the way to the end and then say someone beat you.  Once you get passed verifying your ticket that should be it and you are golden.  ridiculous they let everyone put it into their cart at the same time  
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    Just trying to help.  I've seen people mention that they have to enter their CC info...the only info I had to enter was the CV 3 digit on the back of my card as my card info is saved on Ticketmaster.  This will increase your odds dramatically.  I, like everyone here, tried for the past 2 days and ended up winning Baltimore yesterday.  I also positioned my mouse in the middle of my screen where the "Got It" pops up so it would help shave off milliseconds as we've all seen milliseconds matter.  Good luck everyone...don't give up!
  • Options
    Sorrels said:
    That's exactly what I've been doing and was able to get two pairs of tickets this morning. Much better than have to constantly click and I've got it open on another monitor at my desk and just keep an eye on it as much as possible.  Have it set to refresh every 5 seconds.
    Same exact set up here. Just missed the Baltimore GA. I know I was close because it was a different error code.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    ritg19 said:
    bjubb said:

Also, they really shouldn't let people get all the way to the end and then say someone beat you.  Once you get passed verifying your ticket that should be it and you are golden.  ridiculous they let everyone put it into their cart at the same time  
    I'm telling you: given how this is turning out, with most people looking down the barrel of spending days/weeks/months chasing these tickets, it's better the way it is. When the tickets drop you shoot your one shot, and if you don't get them immediately you move on to the next one. In regular TM on-sales where people can put the tickets in a cart and then take their time, you have to keep trying for several minutes to make sure they don't fall out again. The cart system works better for the big regular sales because you don't have to miss out on other seats while you waste your time entering CCV codes and making insurance choices for tickets that are already gone. But for these tickets dropping 1 or 2 at a time, where there's no opportunity cost for going through two additional screens before you get the bad news, I think this makes it better not worse. 
  • Options
    Looking for a single Phoenix GA. Is there anyone else looking for the same? Maybe we can partner up on the F5 mission we are all on, and help each other out if we score?! let me know!
  • Options
    SP218311SP218311 Boston, MA Posts: 171
    Keep trying everyone!  I think that the interface doesn't allow you to keep tickets in your account for a specified time because its geared towards sellers, not buyers.  For other shows, keeping tickets in your cart while you think about it, then releasing them, might mean that another potential buyer doesn't see them and they end up back on the exchange (as a seller, this isn't ideal).  Its frustrating for these shows because inventory is basically zero for most shows.
    1998 Mansfield 09/15 | 2000 Mansfield 08/30 | 2003 Mansfield 07/02, 07/03, 07/11 | 2004 Boston 09/28 | 2006 Boston 05/24, 05/25 | 
    2008 Mansfield 06/28, 06/30 | 2009 Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 | 2010 Boston 05/17 | 2013 Worcester 10/15, 10/16 - Hartford 10/25 |
    2016 Boston 08/05, 08/07 - Chicago 08/20, 08/22 | 2018 Seattle 08/08, 08/10 - Boston 09/02, 09/04 | 2022 Denver, 09/22
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    When I was telling my wife about this process last night she made a pretty good point. She said why not just do like 2 drops a day for all the people that put their tix up for sale. Save us all some time and reduce the strain on the servers (not that I care about this at all).
    But like others have said, it's made for the sellers, not buyers.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,678
    Looking for a single Phoenix GA. Is there anyone else looking for the same? Maybe we can partner up on the F5 mission we are all on, and help each other out if we score?! let me know!

I’d help you with this.  I’m also looking for a single.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    katelliskatellis Posts: 515
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    At least a fan got them!

ouch (I'm Katie, btw). Sorry don't need a +1, but wish all of you luck. I clicked refresh about a gazillion times over the past few days before lucking out.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    katellis said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    At least a fan got them!

ouch (I'm Katie, btw). Sorry don't need a +1, but wish all of you luck. I clicked refresh about a gazillion times over the past few days before lucking out.
    Enjoy the show!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    katellis said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    At least a fan got them!

Haha awesome score, enjoy!
  • Options
    arcticgrinarcticgrin Posts: 24
    edited February 2020
    katellis said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    At least a fan got them!

Prove you are Katie...PM me your TM info and PW ; )
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,534
    edited February 2020
    tdawe said:
    ritg19 said:
    bjubb said:

I'm telling you: given how this is turning out, with most people looking down the barrel of spending days/weeks/months chasing these tickets, it's better the way it is. When the tickets drop you shoot your one shot, and if you don't get them immediately you move on to the next one. In regular TM on-sales where people can put the tickets in a cart and then take their time, you have to keep trying for several minutes to make sure they don't fall out again. The cart system works better for the big regular sales because you don't have to miss out on other seats while you waste your time entering CCV codes and making insurance choices for tickets that are already gone. But for these tickets dropping 1 or 2 at a time, where there's no opportunity cost for going through two additional screens before you get the bad news, I think this makes it better not worse. 
    Definitely agree people are making a bigger deal out of the clock/no clock than it really is. The alternative is that most people would have never even gotten anything in their cart after days of hitting f5. Would that really be less frustrating? The end result is the same. I'm not sure this is necessarily better, because I think few if any buyers lucky enough to cart them would dilly dally for 10 minutes and then bail like on a typical onsale. It just doesn't make much of a difference either way. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited February 2020
    2 for QC section 112 row JJ
    Post edited by Longueuil on
  • Options
    AZDAZD AZ Posts: 32
    At the risk of sounding like an ingrate... has anyone experienced trying to buy fan-to-fan tickets when they already have tickets for that show? I have 4 for PHX but they suck and I want to upgrade. I'm hitting all the annoying "Someone beat you to it" messages that you guys are... but now i'm wondering if I'd even be able to buy 2 more BEFORE selling my 4.  Any insights from the flock?
  • Options
    dschifrin said:
    At the risk of sounding like an ingrate... has anyone experienced trying to buy fan-to-fan tickets when they already have tickets for that show? I have 4 for PHX but they suck and I want to upgrade. I'm hitting all the annoying "Someone beat you to it" messages that you guys are... but now i'm wondering if I'd even be able to buy 2 more BEFORE selling my 4.  Any insights from the flock?
    People are definitely trying for better seats. There is a 4 ticket limit per show, so that might be an issue.
  • Options
    AZDAZD AZ Posts: 32
    dschifrin said:
    People are definitely trying for better seats. There is a 4 ticket limit per show, so that might be an issue.
    Yeah... I'm wondering if anyone has encountered that issue yet so that I don't have to learn the hard way! :-)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,679
    Slow to post this as it’s a busy day at the office: FWIW I made it as far as the credit card payment page on that Baltimore GA pair that Katie snagged and since I was rushing I may have missed something but it appeared as though I could only enter a US billing address. I do have a US shipping address so I instinctively entered it but perhaps the reason I wasn’t meant to land that pair is because of potentially having the charge declined afterwards? Have any other Canadians attempted and been successful? 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 656
    katellis said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    At least a fan got them!

Congrats Katie! Good for you!!!
  • Options
    dschifrin said:
    dschifrin said:
    Yeah... I'm wondering if anyone has encountered that issue yet so that I don't have to learn the hard way! :-)
    I have 6 in one account, 2 TC tickets and 4 bought through general sale