Just scored GA for STL!!!!!
    YEAH BUDDY!!! Enjoy!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited February 2020
    Gibson said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Is it safe to say that the Baltimore show is the hardest ticket to get in quite some time? I'm talking normal shows, not exclusive one-offs like the Apollo theater gig.
    It's 'artificially' tough though.

The Apollo and Borgata were impossible because the venues were so small.

This is impossible because you can't buy any of the 14,000 seats anywhere, or even transfer them to someone else.

If there was a StubHub listing for this show it would what, probably a $250-$300 ticket just to get in roughly?

Expensive and hard to get no doubt, but its's this overall system that is making getting in so hard, not really the show itself.
    I'd pay $300 for that show without blinking. I bet a stubhub ticket would start at $1000 without hte bat of an eye.
    Dude, MSG is like a $500, plus fees show right now as far as 'just get me in' tickets and that that is the Super Bowl of what a regular PJ arena show could ever be as far as secondary market prices.

There is no way that Baltimore would ever be more than NYC (unless there were multiple shows at MSG maybe), and certainly not 2X more.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    Facebook has many more people looking to trade their MSG spare for a Baltimore spare than the other way around
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Another pair for QC in section 113
  • Options
    Facebook has many more people looking to trade their MSG spare for a Baltimore spare than the other way around
    Maybe because Baltimore is on a Saturday night and is less expensive to stay overnight than NYC.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    Saltzy23 said:
    Gibson said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Is it safe to say that the Baltimore show is the hardest ticket to get in quite some time? I'm talking normal shows, not exclusive one-offs like the Apollo theater gig.

The Apollo and Borgata were impossible because the venues were so small.

This is impossible because you can't buy any of the 14,000 seats anywhere, or even transfer them to someone else.

If there was a StubHub listing for this show it would what, probably a $250-$300 ticket just to get in roughly?

Expensive and hard to get no doubt, but its's this overall system that is making getting in so hard, not really the show itself.
    I'd pay $300 for that show without blinking. I bet a stubhub ticket would start at $1000 without hte bat of an eye.
    Dude, MSG is like a $500, plus fees show right now as far as 'just get me in' tickets and that that is the Super Bowl of what a regular PJ arena show could ever be as far as secondary market prices.

There is no way that Baltimore would ever be more than NYC (unless there were multiple shows at MSG maybe), and certainly not 2X more.
    It is notable though that there are no behind the stage seats for Baltimore, nor (as far as I can tell) anything equivalent to the Chase Bridge (where I've never sat) or the barstools (which I have and they suck) which is where all of the $400-$500 tickets are. I do tend to agree with you that MSG would probably be more expensive in an apples-to-apples situation though.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    They should add a DC show to the second leg to help with the East coast show shortage. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:
    They should add a DC show to the second leg to help with the East coast show shortage. 
    This.  10000x This.    Play Capital One Arena or JLL.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    edited February 2020
    PSUS2H said:
    I think something in Ohio or Detroit as well as the usual Philly stop would have eased the demand a bit.  Baltimore is the easiest show for everyone in Ohio, Detroit, Pennsylvania, etc.  

I think they snuck the MSG show in this spring as the Sea.Hear.Now radius clause may have blocked a NYC show in the fall
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    Saltzy23 said:

The Apollo and Borgata are/were impossible because the venues were so small.

Expensive and hard to get no doubt, but it's this overall system that is making getting in impossible, not really the show itself.

I guess the question is, how many people who have tickets to this show are actually willing to sell them? Is only being able to sell them at face value forcing people to just suck it up and go to the show rather than using them to make a profit?

If these were available on StubHub, I would not be surprised in the least to see them listing for as much as MSG. Sure, the venue doesn't have the prestige of MSG (and Baltimore isn't NYC), but Baltimore is way easier to get to and stay in than NYC from places like Boston and Manchester. Sure, there's the Canadian shows, but flying into Baltimore is still way cheaper than Toronto or Quebec. And then, it's on a Saturday? Everyone who missed out in the lottery/VF Sale/General Public sale would be buying on StubHub. There'd be a handful of seats left at astronomical prices.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Expensive and hard to get no doubt, but it's this overall system that is making getting in impossible, not really the show itself.

I guess the question is, how many people who have tickets to this show are actually willing to sell them? Is only being able to sell them at face value forcing people to just suck it up and go to the show rather than using them to make a profit?

If these were available on StubHub, I would not be surprised in the least to see them listing for as much as MSG. Sure, the venue doesn't have the prestige of MSG (and Baltimore isn't NYC), but Baltimore is way easier to get to and stay in than NYC from places like Boston and Manchester. Sure, there's the Canadian shows, but flying into Baltimore is still way cheaper than Toronto or Quebec. And then, it's on a Saturday? Everyone who missed out in the lottery/VF Sale/General Public sale would be buying on StubHub. There'd be a handful of seats left at astronomical prices.
    I think the theory is not that more fans would be selling if they could sell above face, but that in an initial sale for freely transferable Baltimore tickets more brokers would have snapped up tickets for resale. Which is why, as sympathetic as I am to people who are frustrated by their inability to pay a scalper for tickets to this show, I believe that overall it's a better system. 
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    Some good seats for Nashville out there right now

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Baltimore on a Saturday night was the perfect trip from Boston. Can either drive or fly and, thanks to Dimi's hints, we booked a hotel weeks in advance. MSG on a Monday meant burning vacation days. It was a nonstarter for me this time. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    afgpj said:

I tried for them - said someone else had them.
  • Options
    afgpj said:

Was refreshing for 20 straight minutes and saw those appear...and was then denied. I know you gotta be fast but holy $hit

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    getting ready to post 2 pairs to STL. Section 303 Row A and Section 114T, row DD
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I think the theory is not that more fans would be selling if they could sell above face, but that in an initial sale for freely transferable Baltimore tickets more brokers would have snapped up tickets for resale. Which is why, as sympathetic as I am to people who are frustrated by their inability to pay a scalper for tickets to this show, I believe that overall it's a better system. 

I agree. I think we're not seeing a lot because the demand is still so high - tickets are snatched up as soon as they're listed, and there aren't many people looking to sell, because actual fans got the tickets. It's no different than if tickets were on StubHub, but were sold out. People were able to skip the middle man of StubHub/scalpers.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    mpedone said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I agree. I think we're not seeing a lot because the demand is still so high - tickets are snatched up as soon as they're listed, and there aren't many people looking to sell, because actual fans got the tickets. It's no different than if tickets were on StubHub, but were sold out. People were able to skip the middle man of StubHub/scalpers.
    I sure hope it's fans getting most of these.  There still are some broker sites listing tix.
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    Balt tix just came up.  BofA text code is ridiculous...  lost them.   argg!
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    just submitted the first listing
  • Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    Another Baltimore up and gone.... Lost during check out again
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options
    ritg19 said:
    I've still got the "Sit tight..." message
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 418
    FML
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ritg19 said:
    Yea I got text code too... I know I lost as soon as I saw that... It's lame
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
  • Options
    Be careful anyone selling MSG shows on twitter and Facebook. I’ve now caught three people and called their bluff. I won’t go through with a deal unless I verify with Ticketmaster their order number and called to verify and every single one was fake. Ticketmaster was like yeah our numbers would never start with a 9. Just be careful
  • Options
    afgpj said:
    mpedone said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I sure hope it's fans getting most of these.  There still are some broker sites listing tix.
    Really not a lot though.
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    ritg19 said:
    I've still got the "Sit tight..." message
    Me too, that means we struck out.....
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    Is it only BofA?  Any other credit cards requiring this?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    Another pair of BA gone.

It always makes me click twice on the delivery method selection before being able to choose payment method.  Is that a Chrome issue? I feel like that extra click is costing me precious time!
  • Options
    ritg19 said:
    Is it only BofA?  Any other credit cards requiring this?
    I don't have BofA and I still get the text verification 
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03