Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    SHZA said:
    Just scored GA for STL!!!!!
    So you're the "fan that beat [me]" eh? Well done!
    Thanks! Now I have a couple of sets to post for sale. I'll let you guys know when I post.
    Thanks how about 3:30 am hahahahaha
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 656

I scored those Baltimore pair way up in the corner (219), last row about 25 minutes ago.

Feel very, very grateful.  These are going to real fans, I have been refreshing like a lunatic for the past 2 days. 

Don't lose hope!

So it was you that shattered my early morning dreams!!! really thought I was gonna get em....good for you bro enjoy.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    thanks, it was nerve racking waiting for the payment to process, was assuming it was going to end with the Another Fan Beat you to them again
  • Options
    Driven1287Driven1287 Posts: 7
    edited February 2020
    Hamilton just had a couple seats available and taken. Quebec City seems to have a bunch of available seats. Ottawa has some behind the stage.

Has anyone have any experiences with seats behind the stage? Does it make the experience any worse?
    Post edited by Driven1287 on
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    thanks, it was nerve racking waiting for the payment to process, was assuming it was going to end with the Another Fan Beat you to them again
    I assume that you gotta click GOT IT each time you refresh. Do you just ignore until you saw the tickets, click the got it and fire as quick as you can?
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    I assume that you gotta click GOT IT each time you refresh. Do you just ignore until you saw the tickets, click the got it and fire as quick as you can?
    yeah, then I make the decision once in my cart if I want them. Then you need to click next twice for some reason for the delivery method. I select the decline insurance checkbox while waiting for the payment method to load, then put in my CVV (which I usually just paste in instead of typing)
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    I’ve only been dabbling in the F2F mayhem and this thread (so apologies if someone has beaten me to this), but I have a hot take: at least for the purpose of these resales, the system where the tickets aren’t yours until you successfully clear payment is better than the traditional cart/timer system. 

The way it’s working now, if you don’t nab the tickets cleanly on your first pass through (wherever in the process you get the “sorry” message) you know you’re done. Once the tickets drop, if they’re not yours in like 30 seconds you can move on with your life, go make a sandwich or take a poop or whatever. In old school TM sales, you never know if tickets are sitting in someone’s cart who has decided not to buy them, and you have to keep clicking away for several agonizing minutes before you can give up. The way this seems to be going, this is actually causing less pain and taking up less time than if you had to spend 10 minutes futilely fighting every time there’s a drop. 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    yeah, then I make the decision once in my cart if I want them. Then you need to click next twice for some reason for the delivery method. I select the decline insurance checkbox while waiting for the payment method to load, then put in my CVV (which I usually just paste in instead of typing)
    KK just practiced. So awesome you got GA ! unreal.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    KK just practiced. So awesome you got GA ! unreal.
    thanks! Which shows are you trying for? So excited that I have GA now for Toronto and STL!
  • Options
    I have wing seats for Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton. so If by some miracle I can get GA i'd take them. My 10club friends got GA for Hamilton so that'd be my first pick.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    Hamilton just had a couple seats available and taken. Quebec City seems to have a bunch of available seats. Ottawa has some behind the stage.

Has anyone have any experiences with seats behind the stage? Does it make the experience any worse?
    Sat behind the stage Toronto 2016 N2 and had a great time.  Sound quality was great.  IMO , the worst seats in the house are better then not going 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I’d love to be your plus 1 :)
  • Options
    SP218311SP218311 Boston, MA Posts: 171
    Scored 2 last night for AZ in floor section B, row 10.  Had some other misses throughout the day, but kept trying and it worked out!  Don't get discouraged!  
    1998 Mansfield 09/15 | 2000 Mansfield 08/30 | 2003 Mansfield 07/02, 07/03, 07/11 | 2004 Boston 09/28 | 2006 Boston 05/24, 05/25 | 
    2008 Mansfield 06/28, 06/30 | 2009 Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 | 2010 Boston 05/17 | 2013 Worcester 10/15, 10/16 - Hartford 10/25 |
    2016 Boston 08/05, 08/07 - Chicago 08/20, 08/22 | 2018 Seattle 08/08, 08/10 - Boston 09/02, 09/04 | 2022 Denver, 09/22
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    Just pulled a pair in STL  sec 318.  I will release a single GA sec 330BPV @ 9:30 est
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,182
    duffmann said:
    Just pulled a pair in STL  sec 318.  I will release a single GA sec 330BPV @ 9:30 est
    @cmalisze
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    I’d love to be your plus 1 :)
    LOL, not sure my wife would be happy with that 
  • Options
    Is it safe to say that the Baltimore show is the hardest ticket to get in quite some time? I'm talking normal shows, not exclusive one-offs like the Apollo theater gig.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Is it safe to say that the Baltimore show is the hardest ticket to get in quite some time? I'm talking normal shows, not exclusive one-offs like the Apollo theater gig.
    The Vic was pretty hard. So was Borgata. But yeah over the past decade I don’t remember such a tough ticket. Which is a GOOD thing.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    Sounds right. I’m 0-9 and sounds like crickets in there now.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    I'm starting to think it's possible that the crowd at this show will be even more hyped than the Garden.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    A friend of mine from college has ALS (it's fucking awful, the guy is 40 years old and slowly dying), and is friends with Steve Gleason, and told me that if I ever really needed anything PJ related he would reach out to him for me and ask, but I just cannot get myself to do it.

I'm not asking 2 guys with the worst disease I can imagine to please try and get me into a stupid rock concert.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    I'm starting to think it's possible that the crowd at this show will be even more hyped than the Garden.
    Hail, Hail the lucky ones, indeed (myself not one among them)!
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    tdawe said:
    Watch the show be a letdown. That would be something. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    B4idiejetsB4idiejets NJ Posts: 346
     Being from Jersey, only having 2 east coast shows on this leg  is a huge reason these tix are in such high demand.  
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    duffmann said:
    Thanks! I’m refreshing. Nothing yet.  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
     Being from Jersey, only having 2 east coast shows on this leg  is a huge reason these tix are in such high demand.  
    Of course. The Baltimore show seems to be a perfect storm of reasons why the ticket would be so tough: Saturday night show in a tiny arena that's one of only 2 US East Coast appearances.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited February 2020
    It's 'artificially' tough though.

The Apollo and Borgata are/were impossible because the venues were so small.

This is impossible because you can't buy any of the 14,000 seats anywhere, or even transfer them to someone else.

If there was a StubHub listing for this show it would what, probably a $250-$300 ticket just to get in roughly?

Expensive and hard to get no doubt, but it's this overall system that is making getting in impossible, not really the show itself.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    It's also a smaller venue
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,581
    Saltzy23 said:

The Apollo and Borgata were impossible because the venues were so small.

This is impossible because you can't buy any of the 14,000 seats anywhere, or even transfer them to someone else.

If there was a StubHub listing for this show it would what, probably a $250-$300 ticket just to get in roughly?

Expensive and hard to get no doubt, but its's this overall system that is making getting in so hard, not really the show itself.
    I'd pay $300 for that show without blinking. I bet a stubhub ticket would start at $1000 without hte bat of an eye.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,

• Options
    Saltzy23 said:

The Apollo and Borgata are/were impossible because the venues were so small.

Expensive and hard to get no doubt, but it's this overall system that is making getting in so hard, not really the show itself.
    100% agree with each of those points.