Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Since Denver is not an option for the FTF sale, I would love to PayPal a fan for a single Denver GA!!! Please get in touch if you have one to sell, I would be super grateful! 
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 837
    YAKIMATSU said:
    well, I think that was the bulk of the F2F.  Will be a random dribble of tix until couple days before show IMO.
    For east coast, maybe.  Oakland and LA have pretty much frozen the tickets.  Me and others have had tickets sitting waiting to go from listing to them posting them.  Over 3 hours for me and others.  
    Update.  5 hours now.  Probably gonna drop overnight.  Good luck all.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • F5F5 Posts: 791
    epbadger said:
    Explain  "Bots" seems like a buzz word...I get it they buy up tix in most cases....but there is no resale here so what good do the "bots" do? I also hear they are selling there accounts...really? where? and how much... I'm in
    As someone who works in IT/software development I personally don’t think bots are the issue. The issue is that Ticketmaster’s fan-to-fan platform is crazy buggy (i.e countdown clock not showing up on the checkout page.) It clearly wasn’t tested adequately before being deployed. 
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    yup....except fair market price...yea, no $500 a tic for MSG behind stage almost last row is expensive as fuck!
    But...that is what the market says it should be.  It's not like it's personal.

It's where the market for people wanting to see Pearl Jam play at MSG are willing to pay has settled.

Is this communist, government controlled distribution of goods and services bullshit really better?

it will come down in price I'm sure. but no... the same tickets have been there,  stagnating. Because it is over priced. since NY is the only market on the east coast that allows transfers it is just ridiculous.If you want 2 in GA at MSG its $5000 a pair!!! that is including a almost $500 "service fee" per ticket from stub hub!! The fact that NY and CO are  the only States that allow transfers are making the prices that much more. 
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Now I can sell, however when I get to the payment part it won't allow me to submit my listing. This is glitchy as fuck and so annoying. Going to bed. Fuck Ticketmaster!!
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    Trying to post tix for Quebec City.  Keep asking me for my zip code and won’t accept a postal code.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Every now and  then I click on OKC just to see what it’s like to get through :(
    D-Rod said:
    Trying to post tix for Quebec City.  Keep asking me for my zip code and won’t accept a postal code.
    Same here
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Gonzo1977 said:
    D-Rod said:
    Same here
    Are you on .ca or .com?

• epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    yup....except fair market price...yea, no $500 a tic for MSG behind stage almost last row is expensive as fuck!

It's where the market for people wanting to see Pearl Jam play at MSG are willing to pay has settled.

Is this communist, government controlled distribution of goods and services bullshit really better?

it will come down in price I'm sure. but no... the same tickets have been there,  stagnating. Because it is over priced. since NY is the only market on the east coast that allows transfers it is just ridiculous.If you want 2 in GA at MSG its $5000 a pair!!! that is including a almost $500 "service fee" per ticket from stub hub!! The fact that NY and CO are  the only States that allow transfers are making the prices that much more. 
    The demand for Denver seems low on Stubhub, more than twice the number of tickets available than MSG and cheapest ticket is just a little above face. 
    euchrid said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    D-Rod said:
    Same here
    Are you on .ca or .com?

.ca
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    edited February 2020
    You know how I can know bots are winning? Saw 1 seat nosebleed behind the corner of the stage Mike's side. It was gone in a blink. What person settles for that at this point? I'd 1000000% wait til day of show and take my chances here or on the street before paying for that. It was a single seat.  A bot sees any ticket and bam. 
    Post edited by cmalisze on
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    cmalisze said:
    You know how I can know bots are winning? Saw 1 seat nosebleed behind the corner of the stage Mike's side. It was gone in a blink. What person settles for that at this point? I'd 1000000% wait til day of show and take my chances here or on the street before paying for that. It was a single seat.  A bot sees any ticket and bam. 
    I will blindly buy anything that pops up for Balt at this point,
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:

The average sold price on StubHub for MSG has been $785, before fees.

There have been a total of 4 tickets that sold for less than $200.

I assure you, nothing is stagnating and the prices are not gonna fall.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    cmalisze said:
    You know how I can know bots are winning? Saw 1 seat nosebleed behind the corner of the stage Mike's side. It was gone in a blink. What person settles for that at this point? I'd 1000000% wait til day of show and take me chances here or on the street before paying for those. A bot sees any ticket and bam. 
    Makes no sense to me.  A scalper is gonna go to all that trouble to for an upper level ticket?  Who knows?  This system and the new TM pitfalls suck though.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • cmalisze said:
    yes there were 5 that popped up behind the stage for Oakland 1, 3 bought right away and it was all the middle leaving the two singles on either side... then the singles were bought one by one... no logic in it... 
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    Also more people on the boards have gotten through to Sirius than have landed tickets. Think of all the lines calling in one circuit at Sirius and to even get through is hard. I bet way less people hawking their show and refreshing their page and what not. To not even have more than 2 people get tickets is a sign that bots are way faster and win while people against people calling a hotline is a total crapshoot. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    JA288844 said:
    I hate to be that guy (as I refresh Baltimore a hundred times after getting declined from 10C, Verified Fan, and public sale) and I'm sure it's been discussed a million times, but why not play the carrier dome or similar?
    Begins with a c ends with a ....
    Out of curiosity I checked some of the sketchy websites selling tickets via selling the whole TM ticket account and only saw the same pair across multiple platforms for Balt. So maybe we are losing out to other fans, not bots, which would be great.

F5 F5 F5....
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    epbadger said:
    Explain  "Bots" seems like a buzz word...I get it they buy up tix in most cases....but there is no resale here so what good do the "bots" do? I also hear they are selling there accounts...really? where? and how much... I'm in
    For example: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/4-Tickets-Pearl-Jam-3-18-20-Scotiabank-Arena-Toronto-ON/274260434693?hash=item3fdb321f05:g:NvoAAOSwWxJeQfUW
    ok... but if I'm not mistaken that's a market  that allows transfers.
    Every now and  then I click on OKC just to see what it’s like to get through :(
    Same. Looks like a bunch of people are dumping their OKC tix. I guess on second thought flying to Oklahoma to sit in the upper deck wasn’t very appealing.
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:

The average sold price on StubHub for MSG has been $785, before fees.

There have been a total of 4 tickets that sold for less than $200.

I assure you, nothing is stagnating and the prices are not gonna fall.
    785 + fees= 1000+...still 450-500 available...where are you getting that average from? prices  will definetly fall as they always do
    edited February 2020
    MSG folks - lots of people on Facebook offering a sale. I don’t trust FB but worth a shot

Edit: Removed link and on second thought a LOT of these profiles look real fresh and sketchy. Proceed with HIGH CAUTION. Lots of people with so many “unfortunate circumstances” and cute profiles of them and their kids (probably fake).
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    drod you have to click on the canadian button in one of the steps of delivery. a lot of people miss that so it asks for a us zip code.  
  • MSG folks - lots of people on Facebook offering a sale. I don’t trust FB but worth a shot

Edit: Removed link and on second thought a LOT of these profiles look real fresh and sketchy. Proceed with HIGH CAUTION. Lots of people with so many “unfortunate circumstances” and cute profiles of them and their kids (probably fake).
    Oh I was checking it out and literally everyone in there isn’t a real person. I looked on LinkedIn and not one came up. Also what kind of name is christianah Rogan. That was literally one of the names in that group. Haha fuck those people. 
    MSG folks - lots of people on Facebook offering a sale. I don’t trust FB but worth a shot

Oh I was checking it out and literally everyone in there isn’t a real person. I looked on LinkedIn and not one came up. Also what kind of name is christianah Rogan. That was literally one of the names in that group. Haha fuck those people. 
    Haha seriously. I feel bad for the actual people whose photos were lifted for those fake profiles. Makes you think twice about what you post on the internet. 
  • MSG folks - lots of people on Facebook offering a sale. I don’t trust FB but worth a shot

Haha seriously. I feel bad for the actual people whose photos were lifted for those fake profiles. Makes you think twice about what you post on the internet. 
    Oh 100%. Hopefully everyone steers clear of those facebook event groups. Only people I will buy from are ten club members who can’t go or the box office. Since I struck out on all three sales, I guess 4 if you count the fan to fan shitshow. But hoping for day of tickets at the box office like I did in 2016

Oh 100%. Hopefully everyone steers clear of those facebook event groups. Only people I will buy from are ten club members who can’t go or the box office. Since I struck out on all three sales, I guess 4 if you count the fan to fan shitshow. But hoping for day of tickets at the box office like I did in 2016
    Man tough break. But good for you for being reasonable and not throwing a hissy fit like some here. I got 2016 MSG tix day of as well. Hope 5th time’s a charm.

For all those keeping score, no apparent Balt drops between 12-2am. You’re welcome. 

For all those keeping score, no apparent Balt drops between 12-2am. You’re welcome. 
    No Balt drops from 2am-3:15am either. Show was offline for routine maintenance for a while. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Lol we have this thing covered around the clock