Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Damn I never thought I'd be trying so hard to get to Baltimore of all places.
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    If I had extras for Baltimore I would list them at like 4:17AM on a Tuesday, just so that I could make someone waking up to take a late night leak's month.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    Saltzy23 said:
    If I had extras for Baltimore I would list them at like 4:17AM on a Tuesday, just so that I could make someone waking up to take a late night leak's month.
    Looking at a screen during a middle of the night bathroom trip is one of the worst things you can do for your sleep. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Sibidy7 said:
    This is really BS from Ticketmaster.   I had multiple tickets in my cart and then it says someone else got them. They asked for my cc and everything.  

I've bought hundreds of tickets and when you get them in the cart you always have time to complete the transaction .  If someone else has them how do they get in your cart?

What is going on?  

exactly.  Something is up.  Either they are considered "sold" the moment someone clicks on them or they aren't considered sold until after credit card goes through.  Somehow the moment they appear and I click purchase, they are already sold out.  Yet others get deep into the credit card process before being denied.  Something doesn't add up.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Saltzy23 said:
    I’m def going to be refreshing TM in the middle of the night when I half wake up. 😩 F my sleep cycle for the next month.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    jmug23 said:
    Sibidy7 said:
    This is really BS from Ticketmaster.   I had multiple tickets in my cart and then it says someone else got them. They asked for my cc and everything.  

I've bought hundreds of tickets and when you get them in the cart you always have time to complete the transaction .  If someone else has them how do they get in your cart?

What is going on?  

exactly.  Something is up.  Either they are considered "sold" the moment someone clicks on them or they aren't considered sold until after credit card goes through.  Somehow the moment they appear and I click purchase, they are already sold out.  Yet others get deep into the credit card process before being denied.  Something doesn't add up.
    I wonder if they might be using this opportunity to road test an alternative checkout system where the tickets are up for grabs until someone successfully pays for them, instead of the traditional timed cart system. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    Other random thoughts on my head.

How many people managed to get into both MSG and Baltimore?  A few hundred maybe at most?

How many total unused tickets will there be for both shows?  Honestly, I don't think there will be a single unused empty seat for either show.
  • As frustrating as it is, I think F2F worked exactly like it should.  Just a serious supply and demand imbalance.
  • Side note:  I've gotten REALLY good at almost checking out.
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Side note:  I've gotten REALLY good at almost checking out.
    Any tips? :)
  • euchrid said:
    If you have lots of credit cards saved, delete all but 1.  Also, if you fail to check out, don't refresh!!!  Just go back to the ticket page and refresh by changing qty from 1 to 2 and back. Avoids spam detector.
  • I've switched from wifi laptop to my sons hardwired gaming computer in hopes of speeding up the check out process.  Pulling all the stops LOL
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    euchrid said:
    Know the security code for your card and type quickly.

Click no insurance.

Pray.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • I hate to be that guy (as I refresh Baltimore a hundred times after getting declined from 10C, Verified Fan, and public sale) and I'm sure it's been discussed a million times, but why not play the carrier dome or similar?
    It would it would be good to get some data points on whether people are having more success checking out via the app vs. the website. But nobody around here seems to be winning. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    JA288844 said:
    I hate to be that guy (as I refresh Baltimore a hundred times after getting declined from 10C, Verified Fan, and public sale) and I'm sure it's been discussed a million times, but why not play the carrier dome or similar?
    Would be all over this.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 95Pirate said:
    I've switched from wifi laptop to my sons hardwired gaming computer in hopes of speeding up the check out process.  Pulling all the stops LOL
    I've rented an Airbnb next to my local Comcast office.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Can you grab an additional pair if you won 10c seats? Trying to be an extra pair of eyes for a buddy of mine
    What do you think?
  • 95Pirate said:
    I've switched from wifi laptop to my sons hardwired gaming computer in hopes of speeding up the check out process.  Pulling all the stops LOL
    I've rented an Airbnb next to my local Comcast office.
    Next level
  • Saltzy23 said:
    If I had extras for Baltimore I would list them at like 4:17AM on a Tuesday, just so that I could make someone waking up to take a late night leak's month.I'll Totally wake up at417 on Tues.. please

I haven't even seen a Baltimore listing pop up in like an hour.

This is like panning for gold in San Francisco in like 1918.
    I’m calling it a night. My shift at the phone call factory starts at 9 am tomorrow. 
  • tdawe said:
    jmug23 said:
    Sibidy7 said:

What is going on?  

I wonder if they might be using this opportunity to road test an alternative checkout system where the tickets are up for grabs until someone successfully pays for them, instead of the traditional timed cart system. 
    Bots!!!! Same thing happened over and over when trying to get pre-sale fan tickets to Metallica in SF.. tickets would be grabbed and in the cart and then checkout- payment - "tickets you requested are unavailable" another "fan" got those seats.. but keep trying... over and over,,, I don't see too many success stories here about people getting the fan to fan... IE Fan to Bot to scalper... tickets ... 10c should have made sure they were in the "club" ... only 10c members have access to other 10c members sold tickets 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    tdawe said:
    jmug23 said:
    Sibidy7 said:

What is going on?  

Resale has never had a timed cart. It's just usually not a race because they're typically overpriced. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    No Canadians able to sell still. I am throwing in the towel too. Would have liked to have been up for Toronto shit show. 
  • I have better luck being caller 22
  • This must of been what it was like to get a loaf of bread in the soviet union.  So much easier to go on stubhub and match sellers with buyers for the price they are both willing to pay. this is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • sp1984sp1984 Posts: 140
    Saltzy23 said:
    I'll be waiting. Finally, a perk to working night shift!
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
  • anyone just get the pair for nashville section 114 row 3 ? It was shown a million times but I got the lovely message a fan has beaten me to the tickets.  God this system fucking sucks