Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    What’s the fan to fan direct link? 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    RF123172 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    "Pardon the Interruption".  Is that the error message everyone else is getting?
    That's not an error.  you need to perform the security request.
    I have had to perform that multiple times.  Kind of random.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    Signed in, chose Baltimore, got this message;

This Event Is Ineligible for Fan-to-Fan Resale

Only select Ticketmaster events may allow tickets to be resold. At this time, this event does not allow tickets to be listed for sale. We encourage you to check back often to see if this event option has changed.
    Cool the one show I’m attempting to get
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    edited February 2020
    100 Pacer said:
    Your events page in My account if you want to sell... or the same event page if you want to buy
    My Events: https://my.ticketmaster.com/orders

• 100 Pacer said:
    It's on the event page where you can choose ticket type -> Fan to Fan
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    tdawe said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I'm just curious....did people expect hundreds of tickets to be available as of a certain time today?  I never got that impression when this was discussed previously.   I assumed the site would launch at some point.....and then over time, as people want/need to list their tickets...they put them for sale.   My guess is that MOST of the time there WONT be anything listed.  I mean....take "St Louis" for example....

Out of all the tickets sold for St Louis.....how many people have just now decided they cant go to the show, or decided they no longer want to go?   that number has to be REALLLLY low, right?  
    This is correct but people have been pegging all of their hopes on this exchange mechanism. A little wishful thinking is understandable.

Except for the people who are hoping for face value MSG tickets to somehow fall into their lap. That’s a lot of wishful thinking. 
    Fair enough, but this is where F2F should REALLY be more....fan to fan....

If I had tickets i needed to sell (I dont), I would come on here and see who is looking to buy.   Then I would just say to them, "Hey, I am going to post these at 3:45pm."    

That way, they could get them, face value, and I know they arent going to a scalper.   

BUUUT.  Is there a delay when I post my tickets?   If i post them at 3:45, will they show up immediately, or after 5-10 minutes, etc?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    I’m starting to think people would actually SAVE money by paying StubHub prices, given the amount of time, energy and resources being put into this. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    bbiggs said:
    I’m starting to think people would actually SAVE money by paying StubHub prices, given the amount of time, energy and resources being put into this. 
    Yep.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    bbiggs said:
    Yep.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Vedd Hedd said:
    tdawe said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I'm just curious....did people expect hundreds of tickets to be available as of a certain time today?  I never got that impression when this was discussed previously.   I assumed the site would launch at some point.....and then over time, as people want/need to list their tickets...they put them for sale.   My guess is that MOST of the time there WONT be anything listed.  I mean....take "St Louis" for example....

Out of all the tickets sold for St Louis.....how many people have just now decided they cant go to the show, or decided they no longer want to go?   that number has to be REALLLLY low, right?  
    This is correct but people have been pegging all of their hopes on this exchange mechanism. A little wishful thinking is understandable.

Except for the people who are hoping for face value MSG tickets to somehow fall into their lap. That’s a lot of wishful thinking. 

If I had tickets i needed to sell (I dont), I would come on here and see who is looking to buy.   Then I would just say to them, "Hey, I am going to post these at 3:45pm."    

That way, they could get them, face value, and I know they arent going to a scalper.   

BUUUT.  Is there a delay when I post my tickets?   If i post them at 3:45, will they show up immediately, or after 5-10 minutes, etc?
    What you're saying would reduce scalpers would actually empower them by allowing side deals.  It should be random timing (once you confirm you're selling, the tickets will be available within 24 hours or something) so that side deals are less likely.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    YAKIMATSU said:
    yes.  I thought we could sell our tickets but it's not letting me.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • bbiggs said:
    Yeah, but only NYC & Denver are on Stubhub/SeatGeek, not every show. Trying to find 2 for Quebec!
  • YAKIMATSU said:
    RF123172 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    That's not an error.  you need to perform the security request.
    Already did the security request and....

Pardon the Interruption

There was an unexpected error while processing your request. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Please check back soon to continue.

That's exactly what I'm seeing too. I'm on hold waiting to talk to a customer service rep. 
  • Phase 1 is complete - they have sell buttons on the website. Now, for Phase 2 - actually making them work.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
    Vedd Hedd said:
    tdawe said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

What you're saying would reduce scalpers would actually empower them by allowing side deals.  It should be random timing (once you confirm you're selling, the tickets will be available within 24 hours or something) so that side deals are less likely.

How would that empower a scalper. 

Lets say you were searching for 2 tickets to St Louis.  And I was going to sell my 2 tickets. 
    I could find you on here, message you in private and say, "I am going to list my tickets at XXX time."
    Then you go on and look for them.  

Instead of me just posting them without telling anyone. Again, this would all be at face value. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    tdawe said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

From my experience it's 10-15min
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    The idea of coordinating when to post tix so someone else could buy them will never work.  There are so many of us out here who will grab them first.  
    Vedd Hedd said:
    tdawe said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

I used to be a blackhawks season ticket holder, and tm had their own resale site.  I would list some for sale, and it would be available within 5-10 minutes.   So, this sounds like its similar?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Wait...I think I get what you are saying now....

If a scalper bought standard tickets...(or 10C tickets) and they wanted to sell them....THEY would be the ones doing the side deals...and you are saying that random times would make it harder for Scalper A to get it to Customer A.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Im not seeing fan 2 fan part on the event page.  I assumed you should just go to the actual event right?
    jmug23 said:
    Im not seeing fan 2 fan part on the event page.  I assumed you should just go to the actual event right?
    Doesn’t seem to be up yet. It’s just a different type of ticket that is sold like the other types on the event page.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    tdawe said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

I used to be a blackhawks season ticket holder, and tm had their own resale site.  I would list some for sale, and it would be available within 5-10 minutes.   So, this sounds like its similar?
    Yup, I've sold fan-to-fan on TM before, and other than the face value resell this is exactly the same. 
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • I just listed my ticket... the price I paid self- filled in and it says listing pending
    jmug23 said:
    Doesn’t seem to be up yet. It’s just a different type of ticket that is sold like the other types on the event page.
    gotcha, thanks for the reply.  I thought I was missing something.  Thanks
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Vedd Hedd said:

If a scalper bought standard tickets...(or 10C tickets) and they wanted to sell them....THEY would be the ones doing the side deals...and you are saying that random times would make it harder for Scalper A to get it to Customer A.  
    Right. You post that you're selling Tix. I PM you and say in addition to buying the Tix I'll send you extra $$$ or buy you beers or a poster. Eliminating communication between the buyer & seller like StubHub used to do prevents side deals. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    I just listed my ticket... the price I paid self- filled in and it says listing pending
    Oh shit here we go. F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
  • I just listed my ticket... the price I paid self- filled in and it says listing pending
    What show? Still won't let me list for Toronto.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    Has anyone trying to sell Baltimore tickets tried going through My Tickets?
    Vedd Hedd said:

Right. You post that you're selling Tix. I PM you and say in addition to buying the Tix I'll send you extra $$$ or buy you beers or a poster. Eliminating communication between the buyer & seller like StubHub used to do prevents side deals. 
    Gotcha.  I am thinking about this more from a real 10C fan to 10C fan.  

rest assured, if I ever have tickets to sell, I will still find someone on here and try to give them a heads up that I am selling.  And I dont want to make money off it.   I would just want it to go to a fan who wants to see the show.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Signed in, chose Baltimore, got this message;

This Event Is Ineligible for Fan-to-Fan Resale

Only select Ticketmaster events may allow tickets to be resold. At this time, this event does not allow tickets to be listed for sale. We encourage you to check back often to see if this event option has changed.
    Cool the one show I’m attempting to get
    The one show nearly everyone is trying to get....

*Rock and/or Roll!*