Anyone else hear River Cross on the Verizon Superbowl commercial? [Video]

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790
    The same people begging for Pearl Jam to play the Super Bowl will be the same ones complaining that they're playing the Super Bowl
    I miss igotid88
  •  Verizon had to pay 10 million for that ad time and now set to contribute $3500 to Vitalogy Foundation. My local firehouse has bigger fundraisers than that.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 2020
     Verizon had to pay 10 million for that ad time and now set to contribute $3500 to Vitalogy Foundation. My local firehouse has bigger fundraisers than that.
    Who got the most - Pearl Jam for the selling out and having the song on an ad, or Harrison Ford for recording the VO from his bed?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    When is the next single out?
  • When is the next single out?
    21 feb
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The funniest part of all this is that Verizon, like most large ISPs, was against Net Neutrality and last I checked Pearl Jam was pretty strongly for it. PJ can certainly do what they want with their music but seeing them jump into bed with those they accused of trying to destroy the internet as we know it makes me laugh. Just another one of those phony outrages of yesteryear to be flushed straight down the memory hole. Anyways...release the new song please...it sounds rad!
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
     Verizon had to pay 10 million for that ad time and now set to contribute $3500 to Vitalogy Foundation. My local firehouse has bigger fundraisers than that.
    Who got the most - Pearl Jam for the selling out and having the song on an ad, or Harrison Ford for recording the VO from his bed?
    To each their own, but I'm surprised by this reaction considering KISS will literally do ANYTHING for a buck. One of the few SB commercials I saw that had a good message and people of course find a way to complain. PJ then sends out a charitable tweet instead of making it about themselves, but the amount isn't enough. Maybe we should all buy some KISS Hello Kitty toilet paper with our KISS Visa cards to wipe up the tears, you know because they would never stoop this low. Rant over, one day closer to the 2020 tour and from the sound of things some great new music!
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Posts: 1,118
    JW269453 said:
    To each their own, but I'm surprised by this reaction considering KISS will literally do ANYTHING for a buck. One of the few SB commercials I saw that had a good message and people of course find a way to complain. PJ then sends out a charitable tweet instead of making it about themselves, but the amount isn't enough. Maybe we should all buy some KISS Hello Kitty toilet paper with our KISS Visa cards to wipe up the tears, you know because they would never stoop this low. Rant over, one day closer to the 2020 tour and from the sound of things some great new music!
    Side note ——— KISS sucks.
  • JW269453 said:
    I have a hard time seeing what KISS has to do with this?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    JW269453 said:
    It becomes a lot easier to understand once you accept that he is trolling. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JW269453 said:
    The message of the ad is that Verizon cares about first responders which is a complete fucking lie. Also forgive me, but I’m missing the KISS connection.
  • JimmyV said:
    JW269453 said:
    It becomes a lot easier to understand once you accept that he is trolling. 
    In what way am I?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    edited February 2020
    post deleted

Post edited by Sea on
    edited February 2020
    post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited February 2020
    edited February 2020

Post edited by Sea on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited February 2020

Post edited by Sea on
    edited February 2020
    post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 214
    edited February 2020
    WHO FUCKING CARES??!!!
    Every single person on this planet is a fucking hypocrite in some way or another. Get the fuck over Pearl Jam being in a god damn Verizon commerical.  It affects... wait for it... absolutely fuckin nothing in your lives.
    Relax, we’re just discussing homie, no ones saying this is anything life-altering. With a band that’s preached for so long on a variety of things, you really can’t be surprised when some of their fans are interested discussing some of the same topics.
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    JW269453 said:
    You tend to find a way to incorporate what I assume as your love for KISS in every other comment you make. I have a hard time with blatant hypocrisy, the definition of selling out is KISS.
    edited February 2020
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    You tend to find a way to incorporate what I assume as your love for KISS in every other comment you make. I have a hard time with blatant hypocrisy, the definition of selling out is KISS.
    Lol. Talk about drawing weird and completely moot connections. Okey. 
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,011
    Under review
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,011
    edited February 2020
    Thread re-opened. Please see the Posting Guidelines. 
    Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.

There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

No Spamming, Flooding, or Trolling (Inciting Flames)

Post edited by Sea on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    I absolutely love the pump organ. Very into the wildish.  I am genuinely excited for this album and tour.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    mcgruff10 said:
    I absolutely love the pump organ. Very into the wildish.  I am genuinely excited for this album and tour.  
    This song sounds like it is going to be phenomenal and a great closer to a spectacular album.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Very (to me):

https://youtu.be/t7hTATM4i_8
  • I have no problem with how the band allows their art to be used. Just as a previous poster mentioned about Kiss, or the Black Keys for that matter. Its theirs, if they want it in a commercial, so be it. I'm not gunna hold them to the standards they had for themselves in 1995 anymore.
    2000- 9/1 Camden
    2003- 4/28 Philly, 7/5 Camden
    2005- 10/3 Philly
    2006- 5/27 Camden, 5/28 Camden, 6/3 East Rutherford
    2008- 6/19 Camden, 6/20 Camden
    2009- 10/29 Philly, 10/28 Philly, 10/30 Philly, 10/31 Philly
    2012- 9/2 Made In America
    2013- 10/21 Philly, 10/22 Philly
    2016- 4/28 Philly, 4/29 Philly
    Wishlist: Thumbing My Way, Black Red Yellow, Sleight of Hand
  • JM73055JM73055 Posts: 127

This band. 
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    At least one other time they partnered with Verizon.  I remember downloading bootleg snippets to my Verizon flip phone.  Did anyone get one of these gift bags in 2008?
    https://www.verizon.com/about/news/vzw/2008/06/pr2008-06-11
  • Reminds me a lot of Imagine.