For fans outside of NY, What’s with the hype about MSG.

12346»

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    MG79478 said:
    If MSG is so overhyped, why the hell does everyone from around the damn world try to get tix to all the shows, making it nearly impossible for locals to see their favorite band at their hometown arena? Asking for a friend.
    I've seen PJ at MSG at least 3 times. I can say without a doubt it is probably the last place I ever want to see them again.  It's a pain to get to and from, the arena itself is nothing special, and the only thing I want to do in NYC is get out as quickly as I can.
    Where are you from? 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    .MG79478 said:
    If MSG is so overhyped, why the hell does everyone from around the damn world try to get tix to all the shows, making it nearly impossible for locals to see their favorite band at their hometown arena? Asking for a friend.
    I've seen PJ at MSG at least 3 times. I can say without a doubt it is probably the last place I ever want to see them again.  It's a pain to get to and from, the arena itself is nothing special, and the only thing I want to do in NYC is get out as quickly as I can.

More people pass by MSG daily than any other spot in the country, by a very large number. Without cars. Great carbon footprint. Not sure how they could make it any easier.
  • NYC is t everyone’s cup of tea.  I enjoy it in small doses.  It was much more ‘NY’ when I was a kid visiting relatives there but now it seems like there are not many NYers living there.  Lots of Euros and the vibe is like a tourist trap.  Kudos to those that have it in their bucket list.  I won’t be fighting you for a ticket there ever!
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    rummy said:
    MG79478 said:
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/a3fa29c9bbcb508570483505468425fc/tenor.gif?itemid=3722565
    Well Played!
    nicknyr15 said:
    MG79478 said:
    Where are you from? 

Not that far away from NYC.  I travel a good bit for work, and have been to every state, and I've been to 43 of 50 largest cities in the US, with the largest I've not been to being Albuquerque (headed there this summer!). So I have a very large experience base to understand that NYC is not for me.
    .MG79478 said:

More people pass by MSG daily than any other spot in the country, by a very large number. Without cars. Great carbon footprint. Not sure how they could make it any easier.
    Ever think that all those people passing so frequently is one of the reasons it’s such a pain to get to?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    MG79478 said:
    rummy said:
    MG79478 said:
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/a3fa29c9bbcb508570483505468425fc/tenor.gif?itemid=3722565
    Well Played!
    nicknyr15 said:
    MG79478 said:
    Where are you from? 

Not that far away from NYC.  I travel a good bit for work, and have been to every state, and I've been to 43 of 50 largest cities in the US, with the largest I've not been to being Albuquerque (headed there this summer!). So I have a very large experience base to understand that NYC is not for me.
    .MG79478 said:

Ever think that all those people passing so frequently is one of the reasons it’s such a pain to get to?
    Fair enough. I was just asking. I hate the cold and love to surf. Been in NYC my whole life and plotting my escape soon. Completely weather related lol 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    MG79478 said:
    rummy said:
    MG79478 said:
    Well Played!
    nicknyr15 said:
    MG79478 said:
    Where are you from? 

.MG79478 said:

IIRC 4 million pass thru on mass transit daily including MTA. Not including cars not including the millions that are there anyway without traveling.

If so many are there anyway, how is that inconvenient? Smaller carbon footprint.

• MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    Lerxst1992 said: IIRC 4 million pass thru on mass transit daily including MTA. Not including cars not including the millions that are there anyway without traveling.

If so many are there anyway, how is that inconvenient? Smaller carbon footprint.
    It's inconvenient because I am not one of those 4+ million people... so they are all in my way.