Options

Not happy that there is an opening act on this first NA leg

theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
Josh Klinghoffer's band Pluralone is opening the NA shows....BOO!!! That means less Pearl Jam. gutted
Ok rant over. Lol. Can't wait until St Louis regardless!!
Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
STL 2014
Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

Comments

• Options
    or, pj playing means less josh klinghoffer
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Does it matter?  When was PJ taking the stage in 2016? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    8:30ish
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,931
    Relax. It will be fine. 
  • Options
    LYackyLYacky 🇨🇦 Posts: 72
    How does that mean less Pearl Jam? I mean if he comes on stage 30min prior to PJ's start time that doesn't really take any time away from PJ does it? Don't get me wrong I'm all for big name bands supporting smaller ones but not at the expense of stage time for the band I actually paid my money to see. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,913
    Relax. It will be fine. 
    BUT WILL IT?!?!?!?!?!??!?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Long RedLong Red NY Posts: 185
    Josh Klinghoffer's band Pluralone is opening the NA shows....BOO!!! That means less Pearl Jam. gutted
    Are you really "gutted" or are you being purposely melodramatic?
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Gutted. 
    Best adjective in the forum. :wink:
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    PJNB said:
    8:30ish
    Thanks.    
    Start Josh at 7.   End him at 745.   You still have a shot at 8:30    If not oh well. You still saw two artists lol
  • Options
    Josh is great.  Very much looking forward to his band and the collaboration they'll do on stage.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    I think it is great an opening band is going out with them , not sure why you would not want to hear new music. Instead of standing around for hours waiting for PJ to come out you get an opening band. Plus it will get people into their seats when their set is over. Never understand why people hate hearing a band they have not heard before.
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,994
    edited January 2020
    Go listen to new music.  

Go for the sizzle, stay for the steak!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Are you really "gutted" or are you being purposely melodramatic?

I'll let you know when I find out my seats.
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    Go listen to new music.  

I do. All the time! Pluralone sounds like they may be cool live, haven't heard the whole album yet. Having seen PJ a couple times I was expecting the whole show to be PJ. My "less PJ" comment is because it means they will go on later and potentially only play one long set with encores rather than two sets with encores. But who knows, maybe it'll all work out. I'm just happy to be in the building.
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    Go listen to new music.  

I do. All the time! Pluralone sounds like they may be cool live, haven't heard the whole album yet. Having seen PJ a couple times I was expecting the whole show to be PJ. My "less PJ" comment is because it means they will go on later and potentially only play one long set with encores rather than two sets with encores. But who knows, maybe it'll all work out. I'm just happy to be in the building.
    2018 they weren’t coming on till 8:30 and I think that was mostly cause a shitload of fans weren’t in their seats yet
  • Options
    the only shows this would effect would be the first couple. 

Once the production team and bands are on the same page, it will work like clockwork. You cant tell me PJ is touring for a new album and NOT going to be playing 3 hour shows. 

This is a classic case of bitching before we even see how it works out. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754

Once the production team and bands are on the same page, it will work like clockwork. You cant tell me PJ is touring for a new album and NOT going to be playing 3 hour shows. 

Curious how long these shows are going to be. 2018 Euro tour and Ballpark tour had a couple of long ones. Rome and Seattle 2 most notably but a lot of them were under the average this band has been playing since 2013. 
  • Options

I didn't think I sounded bitchy. I even had a classic LOL in the original post.

STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,145
    id rather have a tight 2:15to 2:30 then a sloppy 3 hour set anyday
  • Options

As far as im concerned, something made you type this out and start a new thread on it instead of just going to the Pluralone thread. 
  • Options

As far as im concerned, something made you type this out and start a new thread on it instead of just going to the Pluralone thread. 

I didn't scour the forum before posting. I had a thought, I posted it.
    semi gutted
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    for those who are complaining about this opening act i suggest those that like to roll one up do so and give this guy a good listen. you will be pleasantly surprised.
  • Options

I didn't scour the forum before posting. I had a thought, I posted it.
    semi gutted
    ohhhh you're trolling. I get it now.  
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,199
    CROJAM95 said:
    id rather have a tight 2:15to 2:30 then a sloppy 3 hour set anyday
    Disagree. I'm not musically talented. More is better. I dont know what "sloppy" is.

They fucked up 2 in Seattle in 2018. RVM and Go. Seattle 2 was like 3h 36m or something.

Both times I saw ed in 2019 he was so high he fucked up the lyrics to I Am Mine. 

They make sloppy fun.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    PJ is sloppy no matter whether the show is over three hours or two and a half hours.  The question is how much is forgivable to you and how much isn't. 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    I have checked out Pluralone and am quite excited about PJ bringing back opening bands.  Fills the normal time when they aren't playing and an opener could be playing.  It basically means more Rock.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    Related image
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,145
    stadium shows in particular, yea I had fun at all 7 or 8 ive done, but doesn't feel tight

Philly Night 3 (long too) killed night 4.....it was overkill
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Did everyone forget that PJ used to tour all the time with openers and the main set length never suffered?
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    Happy to have the opportunity to hear Pluralone on this tour as I'm not sure he would ever play in Edmonton. Listened to his interview with Marc Maron on the WTF podcast and he has played with a lot of amazing artists. Obviously a very talented guy.