Options

AOC and the "Center-Right" Democratic Party

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    Can you 2 get a room? Bouncing between threads like a couple of teenage theys.

Touche. Im done over there
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mrussel1 said:

Touche. Im done over there
    You were done over there hours ago. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    ecdanc said:

I’m disinclined to listen to you after you feigned interest early today only to throw back my kid’s pronoun as an attempt at mockery. 
    Your kid is too young to pick their pronoun. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm going with the old cliche about about how I can't be contained by a label. Many issues require complicated solutions. Compromise doesn't mean giving up. It  means everybody gets something, and the stuff you don't agree on, you leave off the table. We are a pluralistic country, e pluribus unum. This despotic power grab by the Republican party has wrecking our country, and now the response by the AOCs of the world is to do the same thing. Their version of despotism scares me just as much. Power in this country was meant to be shared.
    e pluribus unum... damn straight.  
    I prefer “proletariat of the world, unite!”
    No thanks.  I came from working class.  I worked hard to not put on a uniform everyday like my father. 
    Under communism, you won’t have to. 
    You're right,  I won't live in a country where the state controls the resources.  
    Who said anything about a country?
    Stfu. You post dumber shit every time you hit the keyboard.  You claim to want a serious discussion but are incapable.  
    Now now. No temper tantrums. You told me you know economics, so you must know Marx. 
    I didn't study Marx academically.  Im an executive at a financial services organization and we always know the macro conditions, credit quality,  roll rates,  delinquencies,  NACO, Cecl rules and every other metric you can possibly fathom.  But your worldwide proletariat comment is dumb.  True Marxism has never succeeded in practice. 
    But capitalism has?
    Compared to Marxism, feudalism,  and every other system,  you're damn right.  Our mixed economy has pulled more people out of poverty than any other system.  Look at the numbers.  Tell me the economic system that's better than the mixed system we have used for the better part of a century. 
    Communism. 
    Now which country are you arguing has successfully implemented it?
    That wasn’t your question. 
    Clever.  So what economic system had been proven to be more successful via the successful implementation by a country?  
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

I’m disinclined to listen to you after you feigned interest early today only to throw back my kid’s pronoun as an attempt at mockery. 
    See, you really like to call out others, but I’d say you’re being ruder right now than I have been all day. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm going with the old cliche about about how I can't be contained by a label. Many issues require complicated solutions. Compromise doesn't mean giving up. It  means everybody gets something, and the stuff you don't agree on, you leave off the table. We are a pluralistic country, e pluribus unum. This despotic power grab by the Republican party has wrecking our country, and now the response by the AOCs of the world is to do the same thing. Their version of despotism scares me just as much. Power in this country was meant to be shared.
    No thanks.  I came from working class.  I worked hard to not put on a uniform everyday like my father. 
    You're right,  I won't live in a country where the state controls the resources.  
    Stfu. You post dumber shit every time you hit the keyboard.  You claim to want a serious discussion but are incapable.  
    Now now. No temper tantrums. You told me you know economics, so you must know Marx. 
    I didn't study Marx academically.  Im an executive at a financial services organization and we always know the macro conditions, credit quality,  roll rates,  delinquencies,  NACO, Cecl rules and every other metric you can possibly fathom.  But your worldwide proletariat comment is dumb.  True Marxism has never succeeded in practice. 
    But capitalism has?
    Compared to Marxism, feudalism,  and every other system,  you're damn right.  Our mixed economy has pulled more people out of poverty than any other system.  Look at the numbers.  Tell me the economic system that's better than the mixed system we have used for the better part of a century. 
    Communism. 
    Clever.  So what economic system had been proven to be more successful via the successful implementation by a country?  
    That’s a trick question. Historical materialism and all...they’re all just steps on the evolution toward communism. 

• Options
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

See, you really like to call out others, but I’d say you’re being ruder right now than I have been all day. 
    You could say it,  but doesn't mean it's true.  We all know Cincy here.  He's with us all the time.  He managed not to annoy a slew of people in his first 48 hours around. 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Just stating a fact. You don’t like facts? I thought you liked facts?

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

You could say it,  but doesn't mean it's true.  We all know Cincy here.  He's with us all the time.  He managed not to annoy a slew of people in his first 48 hours around. 
    Attacking someone’s parenting is pretty bad in my book, but to each their own. 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Cincy doesn't just edit his post and pretend like it didn't happen.  He stands by what he says,  in my experience 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Just stating a fact. You don’t like facts? I thought you liked facts?

Joke if you want. You’re crossing a line I refused to cross. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Cincy doesn't just edit his post and pretend like it didn't happen.  He stands by what he says,  in my experience 
    Neither do I, I apologized, made it explicit that I edited the posts, and never denied making them. I’m a dick, but at least make accurate accusations. 

• Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Never did that so don’t try and pretend 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Never did that so don’t try and pretend 
    You seem like a pretty smart person, so I’m gonna assume you’re just being cagey. I think you know what you were doing, but maybe not

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Too much focus has been on words and labels and definitions.  Seems like the public is moving on from this tiresome concept.
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 
    That’s a trick question. Historical materialism and all...they’re all just steps on the evolution toward communism. 

It's not a trick,  it's a fact that communism has not been successfully implemented.  Even in China,  it is a shell of what Marxism was,  and more closely aligned with state manipulated capitalism.  The state takes advantage of the world's capitalism to prop up its economy.  The world is moving away from communism,  not towards it.  I see no evidence of your statement being accurate. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

You can't say "look at how good these nations looked like they were going to become (but never did) under communism!" as a declared success story and reason to pivot towards it and away from capitalism. A success story requires success to be a success story. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

You can't say "look at how good these nations looked like they were going to become (but never did) under communism!" as a declared success story and reason to pivot towards it and away from capitalism. A success story requires success to be a success story. 
    It’s a good thing that’s not what I said, then!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

It's not a trick,  it's a fact that communism has not been successfully implemented.  Even in China,  it is a shell of what Marxism was,  and more closely aligned with state manipulated capitalism.  The state takes advantage of the world's capitalism to prop up its economy.  The world is moving away from communism,  not towards it.  I see no evidence of your statement being accurate. 
    Elsewhere you’ve dismissed my views because I’m not an expert, so I’ll simply point you to experts. Begin with Marx, Karl. 

• Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

Elsewhere you’ve dismissed my views because I’m not an expert, so I’ll simply point you to experts. Begin with Marx, Karl. 

Marx, Karl is a only a philosopher, whose theories failed in real world applications.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

Marx, Karl is a only a philosopher, whose theories failed in real world applications.  
    I’m no quitter. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

I’m no quitter. 
    Where do you see communism's greatest success in history?   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

I’m no quitter. 
    Im sure your household is communist,  which is probably true for all of us. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

I’m no quitter. 
    The Bolshevik Revolution. Where do you see capitalism’s greatest success?

• Options
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

I’m no quitter. 

What? A bloody civil war is evidence of Communism's success? Where's your humanity?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

I’m no quitter. 

Yeah but that led to six years of civil war.
    Me personally I think the 90's or the 40's.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

I’m no quitter. 

What? A bloody civil war is evidence of Communism's success? Where's your humanity?
    My humanity is on the side of the working class
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

I’m no quitter. 

And while you may think revolution is fun to study,  my entire extended family was murdered thanks to the Soviet communist revolution.  Wiped out and disappeared.  So anyone who thinks the Red October was some great workers success never studied the history and effects on the peasants of the Ukraine and other surrounding countries.  That government sickens me to this day. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

I’m no quitter. 

Yeah but that led to six years of civil war.
    Me personally I think the 90's or the 40's.
    What was so great about those decades?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    But capitalism has?
    Communism. 

I’m no quitter. 

And while you may think revolution is fun to study,  my entire extended family was murdered thanks to the Soviet communist revolution.  Wiped out and disappeared.  So anyone who thinks the Red October was some great workers success never studied the history and effects on the peasants of the Ukraine and other surrounding countries.  That government sickens me to this day. 
    Capitalism killed many people I love.