I’ve been a 10c member for a long time.

2»

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    I've been pretty happy with the 10c. 

These are all the tickets I've gotten from 10c:

1998 - Missoula GA floor
    2000 - Seattle Seated (plus my friend got us 6th row floor in Boise with his membership)
    2001- Groundwork Seattle - Won a ticket in one of the lower bowl wings close to the stage
    2002 - Seattle - Won the lottery for 5th row centre.. best tickets ever!
    2003 - Vancouver - Floor tix (somewhere around row 8 or 10)
    2005 - Gorge - 13th row, Vancouver about the same
    2006 - Gorge - Row 16 on the sides (both nights)
    2009 - Seattle - 22nd row floor 1st night, in the wings the 2nd night
    2011 - Row 15 - Vancouver
    2013 - GA Vancouver - Lost Seattle :(
    2016 - GA Wrigley Night 1 (wife won GA Wrigley Night 2)
    2018 - GA Seattle Night 1 (wife won GA Seattle Night 2)
    2020 - Lost Oakland Night 1 GA, Friend won night 2.

That's not bad.  I get the advantage of living between a smaller market (Vancouver) and a bigger one (Seattle).  Still, most of the times I've won tickets.  There's been two times I haven't (Seattle '13 and Oakland 1 '18).  That's not bad.

10c does pretty good.  I'm not going to bail on them because I didn't win tickets to the highest demand show of the tour (in which I lost to the lowest demand show of the tour, but only because I went GA or bust).

I dunno.  Given that 10c gets all the best seats, if you don't remain a 10c'er your basically giving up on ever getting decent tickets.  Plus there's only so many left for public sale.  It's only $27cdn/year.  That's not too bad.

• andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,804
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • RS1207RS1207 Posts: 2
    Didn't you get front row one year?
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    RS1207 said:
    Didn't you get front row one year?
    I've never had front row :(  In fact the row lottery did nothing but push me 4 rows further back.  

The best non-ga seating I've had was row 5 at Seattle '09.   It was a lottery before 10c did lottery.  I think they got something like 1000 pairs only (maybe due to short time frame in producing the show).  Seats were allocated at random.   Worked out really well for is.  2nd best was row 6 for Boise 2000.   That was when they allocated based on seniority in groups.  Except so few 10c'wers went to the show it was one giant group.   Had we known this we could of gotten in line when we got to Boise at 7am rather then check in early and get some zzz's.  Still row 6 is pretty awesome :)

Only time I've been closer than that were in the whole floor is GA moshing/ga days.   Never really was a rail person in a mosh because you get your rib cage squished on the rail, but being right behind the squished person is great.  I remember Seattle II  '98 being so insane, I didn't make it to the front.  Lasted about 5 songs before I backed off.

The old moshing days were great for getting up close.  You enter the pit then gravitate to the front.  Then hold your ground.  

• Best wishes OP, and to all that are bummed they missed out on tickets. But I don’t understand how people can put in for MSG (always the worst odds) and then complain about not getting a ticket. It’s like buying a lottery ticket and complaining you didn’t win $200,000. I understand it’s a local show for many. From my experience, if you can travel and put in for high probability shows, you will probably get tickets. Easily, if you prioritize correctly. 
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• I’m very sorry. I did not want to make it seem like I was absolutely pissed about my recent ticket situation and concert attendance. I know that I have no reason to “complain” about the experience I’ve been afforded in my lifetime as a result of 10c. I just would have really loved to see one more show from anywhere especially with a person that is one of the strongest individuals I know and he was instrumental in my success.

I absolutely love all of you and all the individuals that have reached out with alternatives. I will be a 10c member because of this even if I won’t be there this go around. If another show is added I will try of course.
    '03 Montreal
    '03 MSG1
    '03 MSG2
    '06 East Rutherford, NJ.
    '08 MSG2
    '08 Hartford
    '09 Chicago
    '09 Philly 3
    '09 Philly 4
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    Best wishes OP, and to all that are bummed they missed out on tickets. But I don’t understand how people can put in for MSG (always the worst odds) and then complain about not getting a ticket. It’s like buying a lottery ticket and complaining you didn’t win $200,000. I understand it’s a local show for many. From my experience, if you can travel and put in for high probability shows, you will probably get tickets. Easily, if you prioritize correctly. 

So you’re saying the membership dues should be greatly reduced for those of us living near NYC. Thanks!
  • Best wishes OP, and to all that are bummed they missed out on tickets. But I don’t understand how people can put in for MSG (always the worst odds) and then complain about not getting a ticket. It’s like buying a lottery ticket and complaining you didn’t win $200,000. I understand it’s a local show for many. From my experience, if you can travel and put in for high probability shows, you will probably get tickets. Easily, if you prioritize correctly. 

So you’re saying the membership dues should be greatly reduced for those of us living near NYC. Thanks!
    Nope. He's saying you should move to OKC where your 10C ticket odds will increase in your favor.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory