Options

Will I remain a proud 10c member?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    The personal attacks on fellow members is getting out hand here.

This person has a right to express his disappointment without being slammed by fellow fans.

yup
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    JBii wrote:
    I'm with ya OP on this. Disappointment sucks. Betrayal sucks. We have been faithful fans 20+ years
    it's not easy to take what has happened to us either. But life goes on and fulfillment and happiness is found elsewhere. We got some great travel planned to see other favorite artists. Making new friends, meeting new fans. Pearl Jam can be replaced when your heart is broken and that is exactly what happened to us.

This is a great attitude. :) I, too, find more happiness in following other bands. This band is nothing but stress with the clusterf*ck of getting tickets.
  • Options
    gabby3662002gabby3662002 Salem, VA Posts: 11
    While I didn't score tickets via the lottery (because I forgot to renew my membership). I'm still excited to see the band I have loved for over 20 years come near my city. The experience is what YOU make of it not how good the tickets are. As long as I'm there I know I will get the most from it.
    Orlando 8/24/92, Ft. Lauderdale 10/6/96, E. Troy 9/3-4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13
  • Options
    goldzeppgoldzepp Posts: 60
    Parksy wrote:

This person has a right to express his disappointment without being slammed by fellow fans.

yup

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!!

As for those who wondered: I will always be a proud TC member for as long as I breathe. Was just blowing off some steam really. I've always appreciated all the TC has afforded me and will still be in debt to them forever.

To everyone that slammed me: You are, mostly, absolutely correct. I cannot complain when there should be no expectations and others should be as fortunate as I have been.

Final Story: I decided to try for a pair of GP Seattle tickets and scored.

Lesson Learned: Sometimes life is suppose to challenge you to push your horizon even if it envokes negative and positive emotions.

So, here is to visiting Seattle for the first time and seeing my favorite band at it's "home field". I am going to go to this show with the biggest smile on my face regardless of how many other shows I get to beforehand.

All I really hope is we all have an amazing time on this tour.
    '03 Montreal
    '03 MSG1
    '03 MSG2
    '06 East Rutherford, NJ.
    '08 MSG2
    '08 Hartford
    '09 Chicago
    '09 Philly 3
    '09 Philly 4
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    goldzepp wrote:

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope u mean GA.......GP is moto championship!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    goldzepp wrote:
    Parksy wrote:

yup

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!!

As for those who wondered: I will always be a proud TC member for as long as I breathe. Was just blowing off some steam really. I've always appreciated all the TC has afforded me and will still be in debt to them forever.

To everyone that slammed me: You are, mostly, absolutely correct. I cannot complain when there should be no expectations and others should be as fortunate as I have been.

Lesson Learned: Sometimes life is suppose to challenge you to push your horizon even if it envokes negative and positive emotions.

So, here is to visiting Seattle for the first time and seeing my favorite band at it's "home field". I am going to go to this show with the biggest smile on my face regardless of how many other shows I get to beforehand.

All I really hope is we all have an amazing time on this tour.

Have a great time at the Seattle concert! And I'm glad you will still be a part of 10c-it's a wonderful place to be! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    @ OP, glad you scored your tickets, sometimes things work out in the end!

People who still haven't scored: watch Ticketmaster on the day of the sale (if they are the ticket agent for that show). It's not uncommon for them I release some tickets on the day of the show. I've seen it happen or high demand shows in the past.
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,161
    "Proud 10 Club member"?
    Dude, this is the Marines. You're not serving your country. The TicketMaster fight was 20 years ago. Get over it.
    There are plenty of ways to get a ticket. In fact, despite the delusion among some that Pearl Jam still "sells out stadiums," very few of the arena shows are sold out.
    If anything is pushing me to give up my 10 club membership, it's the constant whining and sad sense of entitlement in this place.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    Cosmo wrote:
    Why do people feel the need to publicly address their reasons to resign from the Fan Club? I mean, air your grievences to the actual Fan Club personel, rather than telling the Fan Club community? Because basically... I believe that 99.9% of the Fan Club members don't give a fuck about it. The only thing about a 'Dear John' letter to the Fan Club... and cc'd to the membership does is make you look like a drama queen.
    And in many, if not most of the cases... the authors of these letters don't leave and renew their memberships.
    When I'm done... no one will know. I will just be gone. The Band will have to do something catostrophic, such as appearing as regular characters on The Kardasians or Honey Boo-Boo or become judges on that shitpile 'American Idol' before I quit. and I won't draft a melodramatic fare thee well to all, because seriously, if you STAY after something like that... in my opinion, you need some inner reflection.
    But, from where I am today... the Fan Club will probably disappear before I leave it.
    Good luck, to y'all.

if jeff became a judge on Americas Got Talent you would quit the 10c?
  • Options
    goldzeppgoldzepp Posts: 60
    goldzepp wrote:

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope u mean GA.......GP is moto championship!!

hahaha, come on dimitri....it was general public.....
    '03 Montreal
    '03 MSG1
    '03 MSG2
    '06 East Rutherford, NJ.
    '08 MSG2
    '08 Hartford
    '09 Chicago
    '09 Philly 3
    '09 Philly 4
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I actually missed out on more ticket opportunities when I wasn't 10C . In my case, short of an unexpected lapse of sanity , the answer to the OP question is yes . The 10C is more than just the place my money goes and is never seen again . It is more than just my first choice ticket agent . Were it not for this meeting place for all things Pearl Jam and more, I don't believe I'd have been afforded as many opportunites to meet the number of likeminded people, 104 shows and counting notwithstanding, with whom I immediately have something in common . In ten years as a 10C member (286xxx) , I've been truly blessed to make a number of friendships and acquaintances . Today, seeing those friends and renewing acquaintances when travelling to see PJ are a big reason my travels are as enjoyable as they are.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:
    I actually missed out on more ticket opportunities when I wasn't 10C . In my case, short of an unexpected lapse of sanity , the answer to the OP question is yes . The 10C is more than just the place my money goes and is never seen again . It is more than just my first choice ticket agent . Were it not for this meeting place for all things Pearl Jam and more, I don't believe I'd have been afforded as many opportunites to meet the number of likeminded people, 104 shows and counting notwithstanding, with whom I immediately have something in common . In ten years as a 10C member (286xxx) , I've been truly blessed to make a number of friendships and acquaintances . Today, seeing those friends and renewing acquaintances when travelling to see PJ are a big reason my travels are as enjoyable as they are.

Even though I have only been on board for three years, I have already met (in person and online) many like minded fans, all of who I never would have met, had it not been for 10c. I am so grateful for the opportunity to meet all these PJ fans, and am looking forward to meeting many more! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"