so this is why i never received an email?!?!

Comments

• Shumway35Shumway35 Posts: 328
    edited January 2020
    euchrid said:
    K_A73 said:
    not really because it did not make us sign in....
    You had to sign in to TM... if you didn't you were already signed in..and if your wife used the same computer it would have been submitted with the same TM account
    This could happen. It almost happened to my wife and I. She was entering her info as she thought it was her TM account but thought something was strange when my info pre populated at the payment stage. She backed out all the way and started over. 
    I’m not speculating this is what happened to the OP - just confirming it is a possibility.  
    2000 - Toronto 
    2005 - St. John's 2
    2006 - Toronto 1 & 2 
    2009 - Toronto 
    2011 - Toronto 1 
    2013 - Pittsburgh,  Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit 
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto 1, Wrigley 1 
    2018 - Wrigley 1 & 2
    2019 - Ohana Festival 
    2022 - Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Nashville
    2023 - St. Paul 1 & 2
    2024 - Vancouver 1 & 2, NYC 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I called TM, they said too bad, so sad.... My first request was canceled by the subsequent request....  they really need to be more clear about the process....
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    You share an email account with your wife?!
    RK50065 said:
    You share an email account with your wife?!

no, I only have one TM account(EMAIL FROM 20 YEARS AGO.) and 2 different email accounts used for 10C
  • K_A73K_A73 Posts: 92
    me and my wife got rejected on all three of her dates....lame
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    Sarava said:
    Whatever it is, couldn't they of called you to clear up inconsistencies instead of just cancelling both orders? Sorry dude.
    It’s not a company’s job to make sure you follow the rules, even if it’s a mistake. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
    sorry its mine, and my wife got rejected
    Sarava said:
    Whatever it is, couldn't they of called you to clear up inconsistencies instead of just cancelling both orders? Sorry dude.
    It’s not a company’s job to make sure you follow the rules, even if it’s a mistake. 
    not in the rules....it doesnt say same code or cant use different codes. nor does it say each code needs to be used with different TM accounts....so thats the issue...and other people did the same thing and they both got tix!
  • Shumway35 said:
    euchrid said:
    K_A73 said:
    not really because it did not make us sign in....
    You had to sign in to TM... if you didn't you were already signed in..and if your wife used the same computer it would have been submitted with the same TM account
    This could happen. It almost happened to my wife and I. She was entering her info as she thought it was her TM account but thought something was strange when my info pre populated at the payment stage. She backed out all the way and started over. 
    I’m not speculating this is what happened to the OP - just confirming it is a possibility.  
    Almost did to me as well. I caught it before we submitted her requests
    K_A73 said:
    Sarava said:
    not in the rules....it doesnt say same code or cant use different codes. nor does it say each code needs to be used with different TM accounts....so thats the issue...and other people did the same thing and they both got tix!
    I haven’t read a single person in this thread say they did the same thing you did and got tickets. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • K_A73 said:
    Sarava said:
    I haven’t read a single person in this thread say they did the same thing you did and got tickets. 
    Me either
    What TM told me makes sense, but that doesn’t mean I agree with it ;)
    red lukin....thats what they said
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    K_A73 said:
    sorry its mine, and my wife got rejected
    Because her name wasn’t on the TM account with the email address she provided.  This isn’t hard
  • smaksmak Posts: 232
    Your TM information had to match your 10club info.  It was in the rules.

You couldn't take 2 minutes and make another FREE Ticketmaster account?
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    K_A73 said:
    Sarava said:
    The issue is you used 2 different codes under the same email address. Each code had to be used with its specific registered email. This isnt some grand conspiracy you’re looking for. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

RS151862 said:
    K_A73 said:
    Sarava said:
    The issue is you used 2 different codes under the same email address. Each code had to be used with its specific registered email. This isnt some grand conspiracy you’re looking for. 
    Funny how many people who swear there’s foul play because they didn’t get tickets end up outing themselves as the real reason. 
  • Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    Can we lock this thread and ban this dude or what?!
  • RS151862 said:
    K_A73 said:
    Sarava said:
    Funny how many people who swear there’s foul play because they didn’t get tickets end up outing themselves as the real reason. 
    Maybe you should stick your foot in your mouth.  Everyone that was feeling screwed just finally got their tix.  Believe people for a change, not all of us were complaining for no reason.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • After reading this.....I am still glad I am not married......
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    K_A73 said:
    ok so i have finally got the answer of why i got no emails. my order was canceled! my wife and i both requested our tix with our own presale codes and different credit cards, but they said because the billing address was the same they canceled my order. this if BS!!!! i read the fine print and it does not say this anywhere! thanks TM
    This did not happen to us.  Exactly the same scenario. I got both of my choices and she got her one request.  Very odd. 
    EDIT - should have read the whole thread, we have our own emails/TM accounts 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 836
    After reading this.....I am still glad I am not married......
    Make sure the pre-nup clearly spells out separate e-mail addresses.
  • I have a 10C account and a TM account. My wife has a 10C account and a TM account. We were very methodical In using her accounts with her unique code, and my accounts with my unique code, even on different networks. We each requested one show. And both won what we requested. Though, I still had concern leading up to it. 

It does seem like some of these issues folks are having could have been resolved with a phone call.

I think it’s also safe to say that any wrong combination of 10C email/name, TM account/email/name, unique code... all could have been reasons someone lost out. 
    yes i'm the idiot i understand, it seems like one line of code can clear this up in the future. how about when you submit the second order with the same email address, the next confirmation email will show that the first was canceled? just saying. 
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    K_A73 said:
    yes i'm the idiot i understand, it seems like one line of code can clear this up in the future. how about when you submit the second order with the same email address, the next confirmation email will show that the first was canceled? just saying. 
    For sure, there are many simple things they could do to make things much easier and way more 'idiot' proof. Many on here would be in the RTFM camp...and I certainly try to... but I sympathize for sure as I work in e-commerce, etc type stuff and see similar all the time. Just because it's clear to you and your 2 colleagues sitting next to you (who use it every day!) doesn't mean anyone else will get it. If you need your users to read a manual (or even a few paragraphs at the bottom of an email) you are doing something wrong IMO. Unfortunately, that is the system we had to work with this time. 
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
    edited January 2020
    deleted 
    Post edited by nalyd61 on
  • I signed up my 7 year old nephew and 4 year old niece we all got Ga's. same credit credit different email addresses
    Hope ed sees us...
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I signed up my 7 year old nephew and 4 year old niece we all got Ga's. same credit credit different email addresses
    Hope ed sees us...
    A four-year-old in GA?!  Good luck!

(I have a feeling Ed - not to mention the rest of the band - will see many people from their vantage point.)
  • im baked again and i got adult diapers for me and im gonna use them
  • K_A73 said:
    I’m with you! I did the same thing with my acct and my wife and daughter’s.  We each had our own email address and TC PIN number, but I used the same TM login.  I had no idea it had to be changed?  I was really methodical when I went in to buy the tickets.  Plus, of course I didn’t register for the “verified fan whatever” because we weren’t going to need it!  They should have at least extended that deadline to after the denials happened.

I’ve been a dues paying member since ‘93 and I couldn’t get a ticket to this tour!!

I’m really praying for a 2nd leg; surely they’ll play SEA.