Options

Verified Fan Presale Strategery Thread

Comments

• Options
    PaigePaige Posts: 365
    RF283499 said:
    The verified fan presale thing has only worked out for me once in the last few years. I have used it several times now. I never get my hopes up. I actually have better luck in the public sale. 
    That's pretty interesting. Good to know.
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    edited March 2020
    JP218404 said:
    If they really wanted to stop the scalping all they have to do is look who bought what is listed and cancel the orders.  They don’t. They don’t care

Post edited by guitar101 on
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    JP218404 said:
    If they really wanted to stop the scalping all they have to do is look who bought what is listed and cancel the orders.  They don’t. They don’t care
    Are the actually seats listed, or merely the row.
  • Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 374
    Anybody know if TM sets aside tickets for the General Public Onsale? Try this all again tomorrow - don't care where I sit as long as I'm in the building.
    Based on todays shit show and lack of tickets given to people with "special codes", I would assume the tickets that they dish out tomorrow are park benches outside the arena.  Dont you just love ticketmaster
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    They'll do what the law or the band asks for. They have to allow scalping in NY and COL. Weird flex, but true.
  • Options
    It's interesting that there's just a "Sorry, there aren't any matching tickets ... Other tickets may be available" message rather than just a blanket "All the Verified Fan tickets are sold" message.
  • Options
    Anybody know if TM sets aside tickets for the General Public Onsale? Try this all again tomorrow - don't care where I sit as long as I'm in the building.
    Based on todays shit show and lack of tickets given to people with "special codes", I would assume the tickets that they dish out tomorrow are park benches outside the arena.  Dont you just love ticketmaster
    In a way, that's good news overall, if not for you personally. It means the vast majority of the tickets went to 10C and verified fans.
  • Options
    HanManHanMan Posts: 15
    I was pretty upset when I got shutout of my only request for MSG reserved, scored 113 row 13 through VF.  Feeling better now and hoping my 10C benefit comes through for Philly in the fall.
    2003 - 07.05 Camden 07.08 NYC 07.09 NYC 07.12 Hershey // 2005 - 10.03 Philadelphia // 2006 - 05.12 Albany 05.13 Hartford
    05.27 Camden 05.28 Camden 06.01 East Ruth. 06.03 East Ruth. // 2008 - 06.19 Camden 06.25 NYC // 2009 - 10.30 Philadelphia //
    2010 - 05.20 NYC // 2013 - 10.21 Philadelphia // 2016 - 04.28 Philadelphia // 2022 - 09.14 Camden // 
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    RS65573 said:
    At least if they are on stubhub you can get in. This is worse IMO.
    But at least in these other markets you know that real fans are buying the tickets.
  • Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 374
    In a way, that's good news overall, if not for you personally. It means the vast majority of the tickets went to 10C and verified fans.
    I wouldnt say the vast majority went to verified fans especially for MSG.  The tickets they had for that show was a joke.  But all the TC members that were crying whether they will have a good seat for MSG, I can assure you they will have an excellent seat based on the limited seats on ticketmaster today.  Ticketmaster is the sole reason people murder people haha I cant stand them and yet again like in 2016 I didnt hit the lotter or presale and tomorrow I guarantee I wont get tickets through the public sale.  So I will have to go to MSG day of show again and wait for 8 hours to try and get a ticket at the box office. 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,382
    afgpj said:
    RS65573 said:
    But at least in these other markets you know that real fans are buying the tickets.
    You dont think scalpers were verified fans? I dont think they stopped anything but shut out fans getting in. 
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    I guess. But the cheapest ticket is $335 for a single in the 400-level behind the stage. Most are >$600.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    afgpj said:
    RS65573 said:
    You dont think scalpers were verified fans? I dont think they stopped anything but shut out fans getting in. 
    Possible, but with limited impact. This is better than bots.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    I guess. But the cheapest ticket is $335 for a single in the 400-level behind the stage. Most are >$600.
    Are people really gonna pay that? Cause I love Pearl Jam and I've been in the fan club for 25 years ... but ... uh uh.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    By show day and after the general on sale MSG will be $200 for worst seat and I can go. Id definitely prefer that.
  • Options
    I was sitting on my phone for St. Louis early , 2000+ in line.  At 1008 got in , all upper bowl seats , at 1012 single only.  Blue dots disappeared quick.  Hope everyone got tix ... and I assume/hope this means 10c tix are all lower bowl nice and close .. we’ll see.  
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    RS65573 said:
    afgpj said:
    RS65573 said:
    Possible, but with limited impact. This is better than bots.
    Outside of NY and CO ticket brokers can't sell above face value.  That is why you don't see tickets listed for other cities.
  • Options
    PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    By show day and after the general on sale MSG will be $200 for worst seat and I can go. Id definitely prefer that.
    Or you can do the fan to fan and get a way better seat for face value! 
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    In Waiting Room for Denver. Crossing my fingers. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,004
    Paige said:
    RS65573 said:
    Are people really gonna pay that? Cause I love Pearl Jam and I've been in the fan club for 25 years ... but ... uh uh.
    I didn't bother taking a screen shot, but I just checked on the tickets that have sold on StubHub so far this morning, and the answer is a definitive "yes".
  • Options
    SPiNMeRouND_RoLLMeOVeRSPiNMeRouND_RoLLMeOVeR Washington D.C. Posts: 34
    Wouldn't it be cool if they did smaller venue, 10C exclusive shows? I imagine they could mix one or two of those in during each leg of a tour. I think the the Stones used to do something like that.  I'd pay top dollar for those.
  • Options
    Ill try, MSG I think thatll be impossible, will try for Baltimore.
  • Options
    Question for next time....is your place in the queue completely random?  Me and two other buddies each had invites to the VF presale for Baltimore and the last guy (out of the 3 of us) that made it into the waiting room (the screen before the queue opens up), ended up with the best spot in the queue with only 350 people ahead of him.  Me and my other buddy had 2,000+ people in front of us when we entered the queue, even though we got in the waiting room ahead of him.

Just trying to figure out how this madness works.  I can accept it being random...but would just like to know so I'm not trying everything I can do to get into the waiting room as quickly as possible if there's absolutely no benefit to your spot in the queue.
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Question for next time....is your place in the queue completely random?  Me and two other buddies each had invites to the VF presale for Baltimore and the last guy (out of the 3 of us) that made it into the waiting room (the screen before the queue opens up), ended up with the best spot in the queue with only 350 people ahead of him.  Me and my other buddy had 2,000+ people in front of us when we entered the queue, even though we got in the waiting room ahead of him.

Just trying to figure out how this madness works.  I can accept it being random...but would just like to know so I'm not trying everything I can do to get into the waiting room as quickly as possible if there's absolutely no benefit to your spot in the queue.
    Yes, it’s random. 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

Yes, it’s random. 
    Thanks.  Makes more sense now.  Guess I didn't have to freak out about how quickly I got into the waiting room.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Wouldn't it be cool if they did smaller venue, 10C exclusive shows? I imagine they could mix one or two of those in during each leg of a tour. I think the the Stones used to do something like that.  I'd pay top dollar for those.

This is essentially a 10C tour. We should be grateful they're playing arenas where we can actually get in. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Paige said:
    RS65573 said:
    I didn't bother taking a screen shot, but I just checked on the tickets that have sold on StubHub so far this morning, and the answer is a definitive "yes".

tdawe said:

Wow!! Well, at least Eddie will sing "Last Kiss" to them. ;)
  • Options
    gvilliangvillian Clarks Summit, PA Posts: 118

I logged into waiting room (Baltimore) about 30 seconds before 10am - had about 450 people ahead of me- got 2 tickets in 200 level side stage after about 2 minute wait.  Had to be some sort of randomness.
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    ISO: 1 ticket to Baltimore  =)
  • Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 572
    Was able to get Section 101 Row H (Side Stage - Stone) for St. Louis about 10 minutes into the verified fan sale. Looks like they sold uppers first and them moved to the lower side stage tix and then behind stage.