Options

Verified Fan Presale Strategery Thread

Comments

• Options
    rgeorgenesrgeorgenes Mansfield, MA Posts: 43
    tdawe said:
    Okay, 15 minutes out. I'm abandoning this thread until the presale is over. Good luck everyone.
    Two screens going at one time!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,466
    I'm in
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Any idea if copying and pasting your code would trigger a “bot type” cancellation?
  • Options
    DollarDollar Posts: 238
    It's open

• Options
    hdogg151 said:
    Any idea if copying and pasting your code would trigger a “bot type” cancellation?
    Good question...I had the picture verification come up because I kept on refreshing.
  • Options
    ISO Baltimore ticket. They didn’t give me a presale code. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,883
    link93 said:
    euchrid said:
    link93 said:
    I have no idea if this VF presale will be different but the VF presales I have done in the past codes for one city could be used for any city and they weren’t tied to TM account except for Bruce Springsteen Broadway shows which codes were tied to TM accounts. This could be the same as Springsteen I have no idea. Just giving my experience in the past. Good luck to everyone.  
    They sent one unique code per show

"You will only be allowed to shop for the shows listed above. If you try to shop for a different show, you will get an error message and will not be able to proceed to the Waiting Room."
    This certainly could be correct I haven’t done a VF presale in awhile but they used similar wording in the past and I was able to use my code for a different city. Hopefully most people got codes for the city they want tickets for. 

For *s and giggles, I clicked on the a show I was not verified for and tried to join the waiting room. It wouldn't let me. So, yes, as the email states, your code is only good for the show(s) listed.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    SueSue Posts: 36
    Waiting room is open
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    waiting for the waiting room, phone just spinning. Ugh

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    link93 said:
    euchrid said:
    link93 said:
    I have no idea if this VF presale will be different but the VF presales I have done in the past codes for one city could be used for any city and they weren’t tied to TM account except for Bruce Springsteen Broadway shows which codes were tied to TM accounts. This could be the same as Springsteen I have no idea. Just giving my experience in the past. Good luck to everyone.  

"You will only be allowed to shop for the shows listed above. If you try to shop for a different show, you will get an error message and will not be able to proceed to the Waiting Room."
    This certainly could be correct I haven’t done a VF presale in awhile but they used similar wording in the past and I was able to use my code for a different city. Hopefully most people got codes for the city they want tickets for. 

For *s and giggles, I clicked on the a show I was not verified for and tried to join the waiting room. It wouldn't let me. So, yes, as the email states, your code is only good for the show(s) listed.
    I am in the waiting room for Baltimore and didn't need to enter the code i received...anyone have the same experience?
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 405
    hdogg151 said:
    In my experience no. But it’s been awhile since I have done one of these. I would be prepared to type it in if you have too. The biggest thing that will determine if you get tickets is what number you get assigned to pick tickets. I hate the little man that slowly goes across the screen. 
  • Options
    leddeadleddead Posts: 152
    mpedone said:
    link93 said:
    euchrid said:
    link93 said:

I am in the waiting room for Baltimore and didn't need to enter the code i received...anyone have the same experience?
    Yup.  Me too.  I was about to post the same exact thing.  Hope did this correctly.
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    link93 said:
    euchrid said:
    link93 said:

You use the code when you get to the head of the queue and choose tickets, it will ask for your presale code before searching
  • Options
    JV275432JV275432 Posts: 137
    Copy paste of code is OK. 
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,909
    edited January 2020
    FYI for those thinking they can use codes from a different show.  I was verified for PHX, and when trying to join MSG waiting room I got a message that I'm not verified for that event.  Never even got to the point of entering the code I got.  I wasn't actually going to try for tickets, just wanted to see what would happen.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    DollarDollar Posts: 238
    mpedone said:
    link93 said:
    euchrid said:
    link93 said:

Once you're in the queue you will

• Options
    Code is entered in the map/tickets page. Top right. 
  • Options
    I can't get to waiting room at all.  Should I go back? It says release these tickets? So of course I said no but I am stuck spinning. THis is for MSG

• Options
    You should be on a page that says “thank you for joining the waiting room” and a countdown to the queue opening, when that opens you’ll see a little blue man walking a line with how many people are in front of you in the queue. Don’t refresh or you lose your place.
  • Options
    Sue said:
    mpedone said:
    link93 said:
    euchrid said:
    link93 said:

You use the code when you get to the head of the queue and choose tickets, it will ask for your presale code before searching
    Thanks.....5 minutes!!!
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    So, for fun, I tried to see if I could get into the Baltimore waiting room with a NYC code. No dice. They don’t even ask for the code, they just say your account wasn’t awarded a code.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 405
    So just checked codes definitely tied to account and show. TM is getting better and better at this. Good for them. 
  • Options
    Sue said:
    You should be on a page that says “thank you for joining the waiting room” and a countdown to the queue opening, when that opens you’ll see a little blue man walking a line with how many people are in front of you in the queue. Don’t refresh or you lose your place.
    My phone just has a spinning circle.  I guess I will just leave it at that and see what happens.  No thing about I am in a waiting room or I joined a waiting room...Nada.  But if I go back it asks if I want to release these tickets....

• Options
    link93 said:
    So just checked codes definitely tied to account and show. TM is getting better and better at this. Good for them. 
    In the long run ,this system is better for the fans and hopefully will kill the scalping business. No one likes to pay double to triple the face value. 
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 803
    30 seconds, good luck all!
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Yay it says 0 0 0
  • Options
    2000+ in front of me. Womp womp
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    2000+ in front of me. Sick. lol
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 803
    2,000 + in front of me....oh boy. get moving little purple dude!
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22