So Pissed

Comments

• AZDAZD Posts: 34
    The early 10C emails suggested that "the majority of fans who enter will get tickets".  While I'm sure that's true (>50%), it sure is misleading. All the talk of "more tickets for fans" ... bummer. I'm bummed that I put in for only one show, one in my hometown, and I didn't get the tickets.  Oh well... still have the presale to get what I want. 
  • I got shut out in Phx too.  That was the only one I went for since I can’t travel at the moment.  The last time I got fan club tickets was during the lightning bolt tour and got GA for both Phx and LA. Got good seats, didn’t go GA, for the three or four shows before that too. So I had no reason to expect to get shut out.  I know someone else that got shut out of reserved.  I can’t imagine that in this town where rock shows almost never sell out that there’s that many Ten Club members.  
  • I feel you.  Member since 2006, never lost until today.  Very sad moment.  Now I have to rely on a ticketmaster lottery or pay triple the price from gougers...FML!!!
    "He Who Forgets Will Be Destined To Remember"
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    MH217531 said:
    I feel you.  Member since 2006, never lost until today.  Very sad moment.  Now I have to rely on a ticketmaster lottery or pay triple the price from gougers...FML!!!
    First loss ever? - 14 years? Sorry to hear your winning streak came to an end... you had a better run than most.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• sk8drchiksk8drchik Posts: 213
    Pretty disappointing. In all the years that I have been a member and each time tickets go on sale I am always a nervous wreck thinking I won't get them. This time around I was very calm about it all thinking it was pretty much a guarantee I would get them when the website said I have a 90% chance of getting the tickets and 10C saying, "Unprecedented Access for Ten Club Members
    Ten Club has secured more tickets for this tour than ever before. The majority of fans who enter the Ten Club ticket request will get tickets." So the question now is do I get public sale tickets this week or wait and hope I can get them in Feb where members can swap/pay for them from another member??
    L
  • deweildeweil Posts: 245
    I personally hate the stadium show idea - more people but worse experience . I skipped the boston stadium shows because I don't want to watch a screen from nosebleeds...and GA were seated, so even front row was not so close. Arenas are as big as any concert I really want to see should be. I do wish they'd play more. I got lucky and scored my 1st choice. I've never been completely shut out and have always managed to get in via day-of, fellow 10clubbers, and other sales. 
  • jkalmanjkalman Posts: 75
    edited January 2020
    I didn’t get either show I put in for in the lottery. Seeing as my father passed away Thursday, I was really hoping to get floor at MSG to mourn and celebrate his life. Hopefully I’ll get tickets through verified fan or regular sales. 

I really don’t trust Ticketmaster either. 
    Post edited by jkalman on
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    PJ's GA is smaller than every damn band there is, why did you people put GA and think the odds were in your favor?  Especially if you did not put it at priority 1.   I totally threw a hail mary on MSG GA in a bad priority because why not, but it was not a priority for me to win those tickets.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• sk8drchik said:
    Pretty disappointing. In all the years that I have been a member and each time tickets go on sale I am always a nervous wreck thinking I won't get them. This time around I was very calm about it all thinking it was pretty much a guarantee I would get them when the website said I have a 90% chance of getting the tickets and 10C saying, "Unprecedented Access for Ten Club Members
    Ten Club has secured more tickets for this tour than ever before. The majority of fans who enter the Ten Club ticket request will get tickets." So the question now is do I get public sale tickets this week or wait and hope I can get them in Feb where members can swap/pay for them from another member??
    Hi There.
    What show was at 90%?  [The answer, I believe, is none.  Not at the last update prior to drawing.]

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    I can understand the frustration by some but get it together. I have been a member for over 15 years and have not gotten tickets at least 7-9 times. So for some that this is your first time then chalk it down for having a great run at getting tickets. Example: A few years back i applied for the Moline show and Milwaukee. Got the Moline GA but nothing for Milwaukee. I went on Stub Hub and scored tickets for like $120 a piece but the seats were first row First balcony Mike sides of the stage and the seats were the shit. So there is hope. I have always found decent tickets when I have gotten shut out. its not the end of the world. 
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    MH217531 said:
    I feel you.  Member since 2006, never lost until today.  Very sad moment.  Now I have to rely on a ticketmaster lottery or pay triple the price from gougers...FML!!!
    This is your first time? WOW consider it a great run and be thankful. 
  • I've been in the fan club since the mid 90s and went though this whole process, selected a bunch of shows, entered my credit card info and got to the verification page that I was registered and have since gotten no emails that I was registered or that I got or didn't get tickets. Checked spam and nothing. Registered within a half hour of the email going out. I think the system had a glitch for me. I emailed support earlier to see what is going on. Hopefully they can figure out what happened.
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,805

11/83 lifetime in PJ lottos....odds are what they are...but a collective 13.2% success rate is not ideal in a fan club, and worthy of some

bitching......albeit better than a public TM success rate of 1%...... bad luck?  obviously...bitter?  working through it

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • For those that have been shut out previously, I’m curious where those shows have been.  I’ve been in the club 18 years and am 8/8 including GA floor in 2013 for both Phoenix and LA (was surprised to get LA).  Phoenix hasn’t been a great market for rock shows (both the Pumpkins and Muse moved upstairs seats to the lower level since not enough of either sold).  Unless you’re some dumb country act like Toby Bryan, it’s not a guaranteed sellout. I guess that’s why I expected to get tickets here.  I know someone else, not sure of their standing, that didn’t get reserved seats.  

Frank in PHX
  • It doesn't matter how long you have been a member, everyone has the same odds of getting tickets.  Seniority matters for locations of reserved seats; it does not matter for GA.  Some of the complaints here are simply ridiculous.  It's supply and demand.  They are playing 1 MSG show and there are probably well over 150K people trying to go.  It's simple math.  When they play stadiums, people complain that it sucks because they are too big and arenas are better.  Now they are playing arenas and it sucks because demand is too high.  If you only applied for GA tickets, that's your problem.  The pit is small, it is simply impossible to get everyone in there.  I have been a fan club member for over a decade as well.  I applies for NY, Baltimore and Colorado; best available for all 3 shows.  I got Baltimore and Colorado but didn't get NY.  The final odds for NY were about 50% for best available.  I didn't get it.  It sucks but it is what it is.  Most of the shows finished with odds over 95% for best available.  That means you were practically guaranteed to get tickets.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,091
    andrew68 said:

11/83 lifetime in PJ lottos....odds are what they are...but a collective 13.2% success rate is not ideal in a fan club, and worthy of some

bitching......albeit better than a public TM success rate of 1%...... bad luck?  obviously...bitter?  working through it

Your profile says you joined May 2011. 11 shows in 9 years is pretty good if you ask me.  
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    tdawe said:
    andrew68 said:

Your profile says you joined May 2011. 11 shows in 9 years is pretty good if you ask me.  
    Start date isn't always accurate. Forum switched over at some point prior to me. It seems that the date has to do with the time you started on the forum and not when your membership began. Mine lists Nov 2013, but my membership is March 2014. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,091
    deadendp said:
    tdawe said:
    andrew68 said:

Start date isn't always accurate. Forum switched over at some point prior to me. It seems that the date has to do with the time you started on the forum and not when your membership began. Mine lists Nov 2013, but my membership is March 2014. 
    Ok. 11 shows in 30 years is pretty good if you ask me. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    tdawe said:
    deadendp said:
    tdawe said:
    andrew68 said:

I would be pleased with that! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,805
    tdawe said:
    deadendp said:
    tdawe said:
    andrew68 said:

even 1 show in 30 is great too...ce la vie....be well
    A
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Member since '94, shut out of all 3 shows.
  • They can sell out stadiums and more people will get to experience the band live and people wont have to wait until 2020-whenever for another "chance" in the lottery. Would result in less disappointed fans. I'm for MORE fans seeing the band both new and old not for seniority based.
    Thanks for posting all of your comments...the arenas are a little more intimate but I agree stadiums would solve the problem for all...wrigley and fenway sold out immediately...so the demand is there...
  • I've been a member since 2000. Twenty years. Never missed a payment.

I applied for seats to one show (Baltimore), and didn't get tickets. Last time I applied for tickets in that same city (the Lightning Bolt tour), I scored seats in the second row. What changed?? Clearly the answer is Ticketmaster

To say I'm disappointed and disenchanted would be an understatement. Not seeing much value in a Ten Club membership anymore. Oh well. Lots of great memories.
    2013: Baltimore, Los Angeles (1&2), Seattle
    2009: Los Angeles (1,2,3,4)
    2008: Los Angeles (1&2)
    2003: Los Angeles (1&2)
    2000: Maryland
    1998: Washington, DC
  • Maybe a lot of low seniority people were shut out previously and they just didn’t complain since they kind of expected it.  And people
    with seniority are now getting the L and voicing their displeasure.  Which is what seems to be happening.  This is the only FA club where seniority ‘matters’ and seems like their are going away from it a little at a time.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • mattyf98 said:
    They can sell out stadiums and more people will get to experience the band live and people wont have to wait until 2020-whenever for another "chance" in the lottery. Would result in less disappointed fans. I'm for MORE fans seeing the band both new and old not for seniority based.
    Thanks for posting all of your comments...the arenas are a little more intimate but I agree stadiums would solve the problem for all...wrigley and fenway sold out immediately...so the demand is there...
    +1
    Agree, it isn't as intimate but less fans get shut out. I dont always need to be close, I just need to be in the building.
    2000- 9/1 Camden
    2003- 4/28 Philly, 7/5 Camden
    2005- 10/3 Philly
    2006- 5/27 Camden, 5/28 Camden, 6/3 East Rutherford
    2008- 6/19 Camden, 6/20 Camden
    2009- 10/29 Philly, 10/28 Philly, 10/30 Philly, 10/31 Philly
    2012- 9/2 Made In America
    2013- 10/21 Philly, 10/22 Philly
    2016- 4/28 Philly, 4/29 Philly
    Wishlist: Thumbing My Way, Black Red Yellow, Sleight of Hand
  • SS49057SS49057 Posts: 79
    Maybe a lot of low seniority people were shut out previously and they just didn’t complain since they kind of expected it.  And people
    with seniority are now getting the L and voicing their displeasure.  Which is what seems to be happening.  This is the only FA club where seniority ‘matters’ and seems like their are going away from it a little at a time.
    False - The Dave Matthews Band Warehouse Fan Club operates by seniority as well.
  • SS49057SS49057 Posts: 79
    SS49057 said:
    Maybe a lot of low seniority people were shut out previously and they just didn’t complain since they kind of expected it.  And people
    False - The Dave Matthews Band Warehouse Fan Club operates by seniority as well.
    So does U2's Fan Club, for that matter
  • ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,282
    edited January 2020
    Well considering it is a lottery there were some people who were not going to win tickets, regardless of join date.  People still have the Ticketmaster fan verified presales, fan ticket exchange, and the onsale date to get tickets - it isn't like all opportunities to see the show are gone anyways.

Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,778
    Man, i've been playing the Lottery for well over 30 years. How come i haven't won the Big Jackpot, yet. HAHAHA
  • Oddly enough, I was able to get tickets for Ottawa/NYC, denied Baltimore.  Historical, I've probably been more lucky than unlucky through the years.  But I too have felt the sting of denial, it happens...if I really want to see the show, I pursue other avenues, if not...no worries...

I expected Ottawa, but was pleasantly surprised by NYC and it will be my 15 yr old daughters first show...so excited to bring her!
    Rochester, NY>The Haunt...Ithaca>Syracuse>Troy, NY

Upstate '91 Tour Alumni...the rest is history...