Options

Toronto roll call

Comments

• Options
    http://torontopath.com/path-map/

This is a map of the Toronto underground.
    The arena is marked Air Canada Center near the bottom center.
    Most places to eat are only open M-F for lunch and early dinner before closing up shop.
    Just watch out for skaters at night...I used to be one of them.  They won't bother you, you just don't want to get in their line.
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,755
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    Good places to park downtown, close to the arena? Any recommendations. 
    Try Parkwhiz. You maybe able to find something cheap nearby still.

Thanks! Will check them out. It's gonna be a long drive from our place. Doing all 4 Canadian shows. 3 of the 4 hotels we are staying all have free parking spots accept the one in Toronto.

I got a space in a garage a block from the venue for $20CAD on Parking Panda. I think they are apart of Spot Hero now, but they're all the same. Check them out, they have mobile apps.

$20 bucks the whole day? Not bad.
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Thanks! Will check them out. It's gonna be a long drive from our place. Doing all 4 Canadian shows. 3 of the 4 hotels we are staying all have free parking spots accept the one in Toronto.

I got a space in a garage a block from the venue for $20CAD on Parking Panda. I think they are apart of Spot Hero now, but they're all the same. Check them out, they have mobile apps.

I think it was a 12-hour reservation by default, 3pm to 3am, but you change to suit your needs. I've used it before though in previous trips to Toronto, never had any issues with these types of reservations.
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    demetrios said:
    There is a parking garage at the corner of lakeshore and lower simcoe.  Thats where I always park when I drive in to Toronto 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    demetrios said:
    There is a parking garage at the corner of lakeshore and lower simcoe.  Thats where I always park when I drive in to Toronto 

Cool! Will check them out.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,662
    edited February 2020
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

@demetrios how many KM's do you figure for the entire trip? You should look at renting a car. They quietly cap "unlimited" mileage at 4,000KM if I'm not mistaken and if you're doing anything close to that for ~$250 you're better off putting the mileage on a 2019 or 2020 with excellent fuel mileage (if not a hybrid) and not burden yourself with the wear and tear.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,044
    100 Pacer said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

@demetrios how many KM's do you figure for the entire trip? You should look at renting a car. They quietly cap "unlimited" mileage at 4,000KM if I'm not mistaken and if you're doing anything close to that for ~$250 you're better off putting the mileage on a 2019 or 2020 with excellent fuel mileage (if not a hybrid) and not burden yourself with the wear and tear.

That is insane amount of driving! 

We are flying in and out of Toronto. Renting a car and doing roughly 1800kms total. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Looks like ~5,200KM? I would check with the individual rental companies but some might allow that much.
    Maybe he should look at doing the same thing you are. Maybe even splitting the cost of a minivan. Weather could certainly play a factor.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    Here’s the seat map for my reserved pair - looking to trade for GA. PM me if interested.

Thank you.

• Options
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

We are flying in and out of Toronto. Renting a car and doing roughly 1800kms total. 

We are going now the rental route. New model ride with added mileage & sweet insurance. I so wanted to use my ride but been thinking alot about the wear & tear. Better play it safe & sleep good. Plus gonna be more room in the rental ride.
  • Options

Less than 6 weeks until Pearl Jam's 2020 spring tour kicks off in Toronto! Wishlist Foundation will be holding preparties at every stop and we need your help.

If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool Pearl Jam or side project merchandise memorabilia, music/pop culture related items, gift cards, original art or anything else you would like to donate to a preparty fundraiser! No bootleg items, please.

Visit this link and fill out the form: https://tinyurl.com/wldonate

Our preparty staff, organizers, and volunteers will be forever grateful. Thank you for your continued support!

https://youtu.be/OVJpRfigBgs

• Options
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

We are going now the rental route. New model ride with added mileage & sweet insurance. I so wanted to use my ride but been thinking alot about the wear & tear. Better play it safe & sleep good. Plus gonna be more room in the rental ride.
    Which rental company? What’s the rate? How many KM’s included? Which extra insurance? May be able to get you something cheaper.

• Options
    Single tickets available on ticketmaster.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397

Vitalogy seats or face value?
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    guitar101 said:

They were both, actually.
  • Options
    guitar101 said:

two single seats face value behind the stage, upper-level last 2 rows.    
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Which rental company? What’s the rate? How many KM’s included? Which extra insurance? May be able to get you something cheaper.

Got a sweet deal. Can't wait to go on the road. :) 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    100 Pacer said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Send me a PM with the details - I’m looking for @PJNB and found him cheaper as well. Mind you prices will drop.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,044
    100 Pacer said:
    demetrios said:
    100 Pacer said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Send me a PM with the details - I’m looking for @PJNB and found him cheaper as well. Mind you prices will drop.
    I booked at the same spot as my first reservation. Crazy that its cheaper the closer you get to the date. I thought it would work the other way. Thankfully Costco has great cancelation policies. 
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 412
    Are the wishlist preparties open for anyone to attend?
  • Options
    thebuilderthebuilder Rifle, CO Posts: 119
    Flavafraz said:
    Not you flavafraz! Jk :-) it’s a great time for all involved.. last one I was at was in Chicago in 2016... great people lots of singing!
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    Flavafraz said:
    Indeed!!!! If you’re donating or providing something, I think @demetrios has a form or information on how to do so. But free to come and enjoy! Always been a blast for everyone I’ve attended. 
  • Options
    And Steam Whistle is a great venue 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    I have volunteered to help at the Toronto Wishlist Foundation Pre-Party Fundraiser.  Rob F. is heading up it up and is a seasoned pro in Fundraising.  He has organized many fundraisers for the Downie Wenjack Fund, The Gord Downie Fund for Brian Cancer Research and other charities.  They are really great causes and we are very lucky to have him at the helm of this Wishlist Pre-Party Fundraiser!

If you have any PJ related items (especially posters) you can donate you can do so using the link below.  One thing we really are looking for is the 2016 Blue Jay poster as we would get it framed as well.  However, we are thankful and happy to have any posters/other PJ related donations!  All donations are raffled off and the proceeds go to our great charities:   Downie Wenjack FundSunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (The Gord Downie Fund for Brain Cancer Research) & Vitalogy Foundation Spotlight Charities

Thank you all and see you there.  Going to be a special one at the Steam Whistle Brewery.  :)

To donate for Toronto Wishlist Pre-Party Fundraiser:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-Ez2DZmkHoLKhl_3Ali35msz1ahd-NR3qEffa0EC3ERzfeg/viewform

Toronto Wishlist Pre-Party Fundraiser
    Wednesday, March 18, 2020
    Organizer(s): Rob F
    Location: Steam Whistle Brewery 255 Bremner Blvd, Toronto ON M5V 3M9 (416) 362-2337
    Beneficiaries: Downie Wenjack FundSunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (The Gord Downie Fund for Brain Cancer Research) & Vitalogy Foundation Spotlight Charities
    Facebook Event | Facebook Group
  • Options
    I have volunteered to help at the Toronto Wishlist Foundation Pre-Party Fundraiser.  Rob F. is heading up it up and is a seasoned pro in Fundraising.  He has organized many fundraisers for the Downie Wenjack Fund, The Gord Downie Fund for Brian Cancer Research and other charities.  They are really great causes and we are very lucky to have him at the helm of this Wishlist Pre-Party Fundraiser!

If you have any PJ related items (especially posters) you can donate you can do so using the link below.  One thing we really are looking for is the 2016 Blue Jay poster as we would get it framed as well.  However, we are thankful and happy to have any posters/other PJ related donations!  All donations are raffled off and the proceeds go to our great charities:   Downie Wenjack FundSunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (The Gord Downie Fund for Brain Cancer Research) & Vitalogy Foundation Spotlight Charities

Thank you all and see you there.  Going to be a special one at the Steam Whistle Brewery.  :)

To donate for Toronto Wishlist Pre-Party Fundraiser:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-Ez2DZmkHoLKhl_3Ali35msz1ahd-NR3qEffa0EC3ERzfeg/viewform

Toronto Wishlist Pre-Party Fundraiser
    Wednesday, March 18, 2020
    Organizer(s): Rob F
    Location: Steam Whistle Brewery 255 Bremner Blvd, Toronto ON M5V 3M9 (416) 362-2337
    Beneficiaries: Downie Wenjack FundSunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (The Gord Downie Fund for Brain Cancer Research) & Vitalogy Foundation Spotlight Charities
    Facebook Event | Facebook Group

Can't wait!  =)
  • Options
    Is it March 18th yet????? Oh crap is February 14th and it’s -15 degrees in southern Ontario.   I’m going back to bed.  

BTW , Happy Hallmark Made Up Holiday to everyone.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    edited February 2020
    D-Rod said:
    Is it March 18th yet????? Oh crap is February 14th and it’s -15 degrees in southern Ontario.   I’m going back to bed.  

BTW , Happy Hallmark Made Up Holiday to everyone.  
    A big -30 this morning at 648, so said my car. (North of Guelph)
  • Options
    If anyone secured GAs and would prefer to be right next to the stage in reserved seats feel free to send me a PM. 

Thank you.

• Options

Hello Toronto preparty people!

We are just about a month away from Pearl Jam kicking off the 2020 North American Gigaton Tour!

We at Wishlist Foundation, along with the amazing Rob Ferreira are busy behind the scenes planning what we hope will be a fabulous preparty for you!

Details and RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/770585500115271/

We need your help! If your interested in volunteering you can PM Jeannette Pifer or Rob or let us know here:

http://tinyurl.com/pjvolunteer