Options

*** PEARL JAM - GIGATON ***

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,564

• Options
    tish said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Youtube, as off January 28:

Song upload (release january 22): 1,129,796
    Mach I video (release january 22):  943,230 
    Mac II video (release january 29): 62,964 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

MACH III

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604

MACH III

!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Video premiers live in 50 minutes here:

https://youtu.be/ymf7DZUeVow
  • Options
    Will it be live?!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,799
    edited February 2020
    Will it be live?!
    I think it will be the band the whole time. I don't think they will do any cutaways to the first vid we saw and just have it in the background.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Will it be live?!
    I think it will be the band the whole time with no cutaways to the video with the green screen in the back throughout the whole vid. 
    Yeah. But I wonder if it will be a live take. I'm guessing no and they will play fake-guitar etc.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,049
    edited February 2020
    So what was the point of these three same-but-different videos and buildup to them? 

Mach II is totally pointless now. And why didn't they have the livestreaming of the first video instead with the premier of the song?

This is like having 15 cuts of of Blade Runner. Like... why... Okey, one theatrical cut with monolouge and a longer directors cut without. But who needs 15 cuts.

This should have been Mach II. And Mach III a live version in the stripped down studio - sirens style. They all look great though.

But... what was the point of this mach-thing?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    So what was the point of these three same-but-different videos and buildup to them? 

Mach II is totally pointless now. And why didn't they have the livestreaming of the first video instead with the premier of the song?

This is like having 15 cuts of of Blade Runner. Like... why... Okey, one theatrical cut with monolouge and a longer directors cut without. But who needs 15 cuts.

This should have been Mach II. And Mach III a live version in the stripped down studio - sirens style. They all look great though.

But... what was the point of this mach-thing?
    I have not idea. This third version should have just been the only video. 

I can't believe they made three videos for this and none from Vs. through No Code. I always thought they were wrong with their music video boycott. I understand that they were trying to limit promotion or whatever they were trying to do back then, but music videos can be fun works of art. Even if they didn't do artsy videos like Jeremy, I feel that something like the Not For You performance from the PJ20 Blu-Ray could have made for a great music video at the time...on their own terms. Oh well.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    How long are you in jail?
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    How long are you in jail?
    dont know. untill mach-7 ?
  • Options
  • Options
    Awww... so adorable!
  • Options
    tish said:
    Awww... so adorable!
    girls just wanna dance
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Ya'll think a new single is coming next week?

Would make sense if you think about it. Make 3 separate music videos and release one a week, keep the hype up for the album. Also gives people who haven't seen the first two a chance to have it pop up in their recommended. Good for exposure and hype building. 

There are 7 weeks before the album drops. Lets say they drop a new single next week and follow the same music video release pattern as DotC (3 music videos, one a week.) Then a week after the third video is released, another single is released and that follows the same structure. That leaves one empty week before the album comes out, which will be filled by the Apollo show.

So basically, ever since they dropped DotC something happens that promotes the new music every week until the album is announced. 3 singles that get 3 videos and take up 3 weeks each. 

Bad job of explaining it, but that's my theory. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see a new single next week.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    ehbacon said:
    Feb 21. Superblood Wolfmoom.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    ehbacon said:
    Feb 21. Superblood Wolfmoom.
    oh is that already confirmed? So they skip a week next week, do you think they're gonna do the same music video structure for others?
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options

Love this.  One of my favorite movies!
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    I starting watching this after SC's post. omg. DotC is such a good song, and way way better than the music Donnie Darko had.
  • Options
    tish said:
    I starting watching this after SC's post. omg. DotC is such a good song, and way way better than the music Donnie Darko had.
    Notorious is a GOAT Duran Duran song. And the soundtrack to DD is the GOAT of all time. The Directors Cut less so. :)
  • Options
    Here's a snippet of the next single Superblood Wolfmoon, releasing on the 18th. 

Sounds great to my ears. Lost Dogs-vibey

https://moon.pearljam.com/sounds/moon_audio.mp3
  • Options
    Really looking forward to the single drop in the 18th. 

I think it will be this albums Got Some.
  • Options
    AKRounder85AKRounder85 Phila Posts: 250
    Really looking forward to the single drop in the 18th. 

I think it will be this albums Got Some.
    Think its gunna be another midnight release (est)?
    2000- 9/1 Camden
    2003- 4/28 Philly, 7/5 Camden
    2005- 10/3 Philly
    2006- 5/27 Camden, 5/28 Camden, 6/3 East Rutherford
    2008- 6/19 Camden, 6/20 Camden
    2009- 10/29 Philly, 10/28 Philly, 10/30 Philly, 10/31 Philly
    2012- 9/2 Made In America
    2013- 10/21 Philly, 10/22 Philly
    2016- 4/28 Philly, 4/29 Philly
    Wishlist: Thumbing My Way, Black Red Yellow, Sleight of Hand
  • Options
    HankChinaskiHankChinaski London Posts: 20
    Hey all folks! As soon as we listened to the snippet from "SUPERBLOOD WOLFMOON" me and my band Black Market Aftermath decided to write our own full version (and prediction) of the song: https://youtu.be/cZDz3H7NhzY

We bet the Pearl Jam song will sound something like it! 

What do you think? We hope you'll enjoy it...

PLEASE Like & SHARE, it would be great if it went viral so that Eddie & co. could listen to it and have a laugh! D 

Francesco

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,049
    edited February 2020
    Hey all folks! As soon as we listened to the snippet from "SUPERBLOOD WOLFMOON" me and my band Black Market Aftermath decided to write our own full version (and prediction) of the song: https://youtu.be/cZDz3H7NhzY

PLEASE Like & SHARE, it would be great if it went viral so that Eddie & co. could listen to it and have a laugh! D 

Francesco

Haha. Well, lets see if PJ live up to this. 

Your song sounded like:

https://youtu.be/IslF_EyhMzg
  • Options

Francesco

But where are the expletives
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options