Options

Flying to any of the shows on Southwest? READ THIS

Comments

• Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    I’m gotthebottle said:
    duffmann said:
    Chuck if I entered outside of the window & got locked out, am I done for good?
     I’m having a hard time with the PHX-SAN flight
    Phx to San.... can't get the $45... only $79, that's the cheapest but that's good on Easter Sunday... and esp at a prime time. 
    Gotcha Got,Thanks ma’am!
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,561
    Thank you!
  • Options
    duffmann said:
    duffmann said:
    Not 100% sure I follow...you booked something today outside of 4/14-6/6?. If so, just cancel and start over. If it was >24 hours ago you can cancel and at least use the travel funds to rebook. Give me your specifics. 
    I have a flight booked on 4/12 for 11,652.  Canceled it. I found & booked a flight on 4/02 for 2,463. Clicked on the banner of the newly booked flight on the second but didn’t get the red text at the top of the page... I followed your instructions and was able to save on my other three flights, but this one is giving me fits! lol. THANKS FOR THE HOOK UP! Chuck.com
    You have to book a flight from 4/14-6/6 to start. The 4/2 flight can't be changed for free. But you can change a 4/16 flight to 4/2. 
  • Options
    CF31525CF31525 Posts: 46
    Awesome tip. Just booked a Memorial Day weekend trip using this advice. Thank you!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Just saved $162 on flight from Chicago to Denver. If it’s still running tomorrow I’m flying to Nashville and then St Louis rather than driving because of this. Thanks! 
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    edited January 2020
    duffmann said:
    duffmann said:
    Not 100% sure I follow...you booked something today outside of 4/14-6/6?. If so, just cancel and start over. If it was >24 hours ago you can cancel and at least use the travel funds to rebook. Give me your specifics. 
    I have a flight booked on 4/12 for 11,652.  Canceled it. I found & booked a flight on 4/02 for 2,463. Clicked on the banner of the newly booked flight on the second but didn’t get the red text at the top of the page... I followed your instructions and was able to save on my other three flights, but this one is giving me fits! lol. THANKS FOR THE HOOK UP! Chuck.com
    You have to book a flight from 4/14-6/6 to start. The 4/2 flight can't be changed for free. But you can change a 4/16 flight to 4/2. 
    Got it, I think I was delirious! I saved a TON of points on 4 flights, canceled an award on a different airline & booked at a MUCH lower award point with SWA. Thank you Chuck!
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
    Is there a way to tell over the next couple days whether this deal is still active? (Is there a message on one of the screens before making the purchase.)
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    Bruins24 said:
    Is there a way to tell over the next couple days whether this deal is still active? (Is there a message on one of the screens before making the purchase.)
    No.
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    edited January 2020
    If anyone is able to still do this today, please post!  Thank you!
    Post edited by ddeschler on
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 886
    This is up there along with the dude who posted the link to bypass the waiting room for Wrigley 2016. I'm not even using it but love reading the replies! Atta boy Chuk!
  • Options
    Anyone successfully do this today?  I'm looking to book 2 more flights, but don't want to do so if the window closed.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,412
    bbiggs said:
    Anyone successfully do this today?  I'm looking to book 2 more flights, but don't want to do so if the window closed.
    Just give it a shot and see? If it isn't available just cancel the new "wrong" booking you made?
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Just give it a shot and see? If it isn't available just cancel the new "wrong" booking you made?
    Just not sure if by cancelling in that scenario if I get refunded or if they’ll hold it as credit for future use. I’d prefer the former as most of my travel plans for the year are booked (pending Fall tour). 
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    I did it for another flight earlier today and it worked. I was able to book a round trip flight to STL from PHL that ended up costing me $5 out of pocket. Thanks again @chukdotcom
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Just not sure if by cancelling in that scenario if I get refunded or if they’ll hold it as credit for future use. I’d prefer the former as most of my travel plans for the year are booked (pending Fall tour). 
    It's a federal requirement for all airline bookings that you have 24 hours to cancel.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Bruins24 said:
    This is monitored very closely on the Southwest message boards of www.Flyertalk.com a great website for all things travel related (hotels, airlines, rental cars, credit cards, etc).  The title currently says ALIVE, as soon as it stops it will be updated quickly and read DEAD.  And as long as the 737 MAX continues to be grounded the window opens again in a few weeks for future months:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1967030-alive-free-changes-april-14-june-6-more-max8-rescheduling-24.html
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    you can get the $ refunded....there's a drop down that gives you option of refund or hold for future use. I did it several times yesterday
  • Options
    ^ Thanks for the confirmations above. 
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 727
    So, because of the 737MAX issues, Southwest has to change their schedule every month or so.  There is currently a "loophole" where you can book the cheapest flight you can find between your two cities that falls between April 14 to June 6.  You can then change to it any day/time within 14 days of the flight you just booked for no cost.  Example:

Let's say the flight you want from Chicago to St Louis on 4/4 is $300.  But the flight on the 17th (13 days from 4/4) is $100.  You book the $100 flight on the 17th.  As soon as you book, click change and change to the date/time you want for free.  That $300 flight now only cost you $100. 

Note:  this loophole will only last a few days.
    thanks. @chukdotcom Southwest employee?
  • Options
    LukinAtU said:
    So, because of the 737MAX issues, Southwest has to change their schedule every month or so.  There is currently a "loophole" where you can book the cheapest flight you can find between your two cities that falls between April 14 to June 6.  You can then change to it any day/time within 14 days of the flight you just booked for no cost.  Example:

Let's say the flight you want from Chicago to St Louis on 4/4 is $300.  But the flight on the 17th (13 days from 4/4) is $100.  You book the $100 flight on the 17th.  As soon as you book, click change and change to the date/time you want for free.  That $300 flight now only cost you $100. 

Note:  this loophole will only last a few days.
    thanks. @chukdotcom Southwest employee?
    Nope. Southwest frequent traveller. 
  • Options
    dmbolp said:
    Bruins24 said:
    This is monitored very closely on the Southwest message boards of www.Flyertalk.com a great website for all things travel related (hotels, airlines, rental cars, credit cards, etc).  The title currently says ALIVE, as soon as it stops it will be updated quickly and read DEAD.  And as long as the 737 MAX continues to be grounded the window opens again in a few weeks for future months:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1967030-alive-free-changes-april-14-june-6-more-max8-rescheduling-24.html
    I am bookmarking that page now for future reference. thanks
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    Just did it
    Saved $115 for a Denver weekend in May.

THANKS @chukdotcom
  • Options
    This has been the BEST thread of the WHOOOOOOOOOLE forum!!
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    My parents were flying in to visit during the Denver show. I just had them book a cheap flight a few days later, and rebook for one that doesnt conflict with the show!
  • Options
    Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
    I just saved $$$$ thanks to Chuckdotcom!  Thanks again man!
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    Just booked 2 more flights from Chicago to Nashville and Nashville to St. Louis.  Saved $223.  It's definitely still working.  Best tip ever @chukdotcom
    Thanks again!

• Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    RK50065 said:
    This is up there along with the dude who posted the link to bypass the waiting room for Wrigley 2016. I'm not even using it but love reading the replies! Atta boy Chuk!

lol I had forgotten about that. Think someone did that for PJ20 also.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    ponytd said:
    Just saved about $117 on the Phoenix trip. Boom! Thanks
    Everyone "saving" money is probably about to spend 3x that going to more shows!  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

No kidding. Luckily I only have to fly to one city for this tour, but tempted to just book other trips for the hell of it lol
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,805
    @chukdotcom - DUDE! Thank you for sharing! Just booked 2 flights from Chicago to San Francisco and 2 return flights from LA to Chicago for 2 people. I was able to save $160 in total.

Are you going to any shows this tour? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    @chukdotcom - DUDE! Thank you for sharing! Just booked 2 flights from Chicago to San Francisco and 2 return flights from LA to Chicago for 2 people. I was able to save $160 in total.

Are you going to any shows this tour? 
    1) Waiting to hear on BAL BA
    2) Going to MSG reserved
    3) Missed STL trying to find single GA
    4) Waiting on SD BA
    5) Going to LA#1 GA