Options

Flying to any of the shows on Southwest? READ THIS

Comments

• Options
    release00release00 Posts: 342
    edited January 2020
    I already booked my flights with points. Do I have to cancel my original itinerary first before I book the glitch and change to my original itinerary? I’m scared😬
    Post edited by release00 on
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,374
    release00 said:
    Do I have to cancel my original itinerary first before I book the glitch and change to my original itinerary? I’m scared😬
    It's easy! Remember if you mess up and it doesn't work just cancel the new fake itinerary right away and you'll get all your money or points back. 
    Book the new fake itinerary (make sure it's 2 weeks out from when you want to really travel), pay for it....right away hit "change" and you'l get an explanation at the top of the page...hit accept and continue.
    It'll take you to the place where you put in the REAL dates you want to travel then just tap on what times you REALLY want
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 269
    Thank you very much for sharing Chukdotcom! Worked like a charm. Cheers!
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    release00 said:
    Do I have to cancel my original itinerary first before I book the glitch and change to my original itinerary? I’m scared😬
    It's easy! Remember if you mess up and it doesn't work just cancel the new fake itinerary right away and you'll get all your money or points back. 
    Book the new fake itinerary (make sure it's 2 weeks out from when you want to really travel), pay for it....right away hit "change" and you'l get an explanation at the top of the page...hit accept and continue.
    It'll take you to the place where you put in the REAL dates you want to travel then just tap on what times you REALLY want
    Thanks! But what about my original itinerary. Will it let me book my name twice for the same flight? I already have the itinerary I want booked
    Post edited by release00 on
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    Amazing. I went for it. It worked!!! Thanks 
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    release00 said:
    release00 said:
    Thanks! But what about my original itinerary. Will it let me book my name twice for the same flight? I already have the itinerary I want booked
     It will allow it but you have to cancel one within 24 hrs or they will. 
  • Options
    release00 said:
    release00 said:
     It will allow it but you have to cancel one within 24 hrs or they will. 
    Got it, thanks Chuck
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    @chukdotcom thanks dude. You just saved me and my wife $396 bucks on a Chicago to PHX round trip flight. Now maybe I can afford to add San Diego to the trip! 
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    Nice info! Can’t remember, if you cancel a fight they just hold the original purchase as a credit, yeah?

Been a while since I’ve flown them, but looks like transferring Chase Ultimate Reward points can make a Chicago > NYC > Nashville > StL > Chicago trip using this method for under $300 in points.
  • Options
    tschav said:
    Nice info! Can’t remember, if you cancel a fight they just hold the original purchase as a credit, yeah?

Been a while since I’ve flown them, but looks like transferring Chase Ultimate Reward points can make a Chicago > NYC > Nashville > StL > Chicago trip using this method for under $300 in points.
    You have 1 year from original date of purchase to use the funds from the cancelled flight. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    Thanks! 
  • Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    Chuck.com just saved me close to $1K. Albany to Phoenix, Phoenix to San Diego, LA to Albany. Too bad SW doesn’t fly direct from SD to LA. 
  • Options
    @chukdotcom thanks dude. You just saved me and my wife $396 bucks on a Chicago to PHX round trip flight. Now maybe I can afford to add San Diego to the trip! 
    Nice work! 
  • Options
    BB162610 said:
    Chuck.com just saved me close to $1K. Albany to Phoenix, Phoenix to San Diego, LA to Albany. Too bad SW doesn’t fly direct from SD to LA. 
    Yeah. Bummer on SD to LA. We are taking Amtrak for $35.  About 3hrs. 
  • Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    edited January 2020
    BB162610 said:
    Can you find me a half off promo code for Amtrak?  =). Thanks again dude!  This was awesome!
  • Options
    BB162610 said:
    BB162610 said:
    Can you find me a half off promo code for Amtrak?  =). Thanks again dude!  This was awesome!
    Ha, I'll keep you posted!  Glad you could take advantage of it. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    Worked great! Found another loophole if interested, please read!

We wanted to fly mid June, just beyond the 14 day window. So we booked end of May, changed it 2 weeks out. Went back, clicked change flights again and it created another 14 day window based on the new flight.
    I assume you could do this any number of times and book flights throughout the summer maybe?
  • Options
    BB162610 said:
    as long as the trains are running. ..there is an awful lot of delays latey. Cliffs collapsing and all....work on the tracks. Just don't travel up right before the show just in case. 
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 703
    Thank You- just saved me 200 bucks- direct flight to and from Boston
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

We wanted to fly mid June, just beyond the 14 day window. So we booked end of May, changed it 2 weeks out. Went back, clicked change flights again and it created another 14 day window based on the new flight.
    I assume you could do this any number of times and book flights throughout the summer maybe?
    Yes. That is also pro tip. You can "bridge" the 14 days at a time. Nice job. 
  • Options
    BB162610 said:
    as long as the trains are running. ..there is an awful lot of delays latey. Cliffs collapsing and all....work on the tracks. Just don't travel up right before the show just in case. 
    Yeah. We are travelling the off day between shows. Don't want to mess this one up. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    mace1229 said:

Yes. That is also pro tip. You can "bridge" the 14 days at a time. Nice job. 
    Where’s my gold star?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Once you book a flight outside the window it stops working. 
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    bigs ups chukdotcom.  saved 180 american and 15000 points
  • Options
    Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
    Do you happen to know if this loophole should still be available tomorrow?
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    Bruins24 said:
    Do you happen to know if this loophole should still be available tomorrow?
    I don't know for sure but it generally last 3-4 days. So, maybe?
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    edited January 2020
    Chuck if I entered outside of the window & got locked out, am I done for good?
     I’m having a hard time with the PHX-SAN flight
    Post edited by duffmann on
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    duffmann said:
    Not 100% sure I follow...you booked something today outside of 4/14-6/6?. If so, just cancel and start over. If it was >24 hours ago you can cancel and at least use the travel funds to rebook. Give me your specifics. 
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    edited January 2020
    duffmann said:
    Not 100% sure I follow...you booked something today outside of 4/14-6/6?. If so, just cancel and start over. If it was >24 hours ago you can cancel and at least use the travel funds to rebook. Give me your specifics. 
    I have a flight booked on 4/12 for 11,652.  Canceled it. I found & booked a flight on 4/02 for 2,463. Clicked on the banner of the newly booked flight on the second but didn’t get the red text at the top of the page... I followed your instructions and was able to save on my other three flights, but this one is giving me fits! lol. THANKS FOR THE HOOK UP! Chuck.com
    Post edited by duffmann on
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    duffmann said:
    Phx to San.... can't get the $45... only $79, that's the cheapest but that's good on Easter Sunday... and esp at a prime time.