Dance of the Clairvoyants

13»

Comments

• TremormanTremorman Posts: 385
    Dance of the Clairvoyants sounds trippy. Maybe the lyrics will be like the fever dream of Severed Hand which would be cool.  The bridge near the end of SH is one of my favorite parts of any of their songs this century.
  • Talking Heads inspired. Sounds like the band are free and doing exactly what they want. It's a team effort and has a great build vocally...

Like nothing they've done before. This is a healer, a grower and deeper than anything since Avocado. Love it. 

https://youtu.be/hdietlvGkds
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    letempo said:
    Talking Heads inspired. Sounds like the band are free and doing exactly what they want. It's a team effort and has a great build vocally...

Like nothing they've done before. This is a healer, a grower and deeper than anything since Avocado. Love it. 

If I want to listen to Bowie, I listen to Bowie. Same for Talking Heads.

if I want to listen to a band that evolved from guitar rock to electronica art rock, I put on Radiohead.

If this song were part of an experimental evolution, it would be more understandable.

it sounds like a cross between Halloween and Scotty beaming them from a guitar rock planet to somewhere new. Again, if this were part of an ongoing process, it would be more relatable than it is.

• letempo said:
    Talking Heads inspired. Sounds like the band are free and doing exactly what they want. It's a team effort and has a great build vocally...

If I want to listen to Bowie, I listen to Bowie. Same for Talking Heads.

if I want to listen to a band that evolved from guitar rock to electronica art rock, I put on Radiohead.

If this song were part of an experimental evolution, it would be more understandable.

it sounds like a cross between Halloween and Scotty beaming them from a guitar rock planet to somewhere new. Again, if this were part of an ongoing process, it would be more relatable than it is.

Interesting. So they're not, as artists, part of an ongoing process?

Not looking to argue, just my feeling on that concept...

I like them taking risks and doing what they want to do. It moves me way more that another 4 to the floor rocker...  Look at No Code when it came out - a lot of people were totally turned off with that part of their evolution because it was such a departure. 

I'll always welcome their art with open arms and definitely want them to grow and keep on growing.

There's nothing more dysfunctional in music as stagnation or playing to expectation IMHO.

I think this will be a Marmite song 😁 - and you can't please all the people all the time!
  • letempo said:

Bit of a contradiction here, unless Radiohead released an album somewhere between Karma Polica and Idioteque that I totally missed. 

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,018
    I'd love it if it was RNDM. It's a cool song, but it doesn't fit in the part of my musical brain where pj lives.
    Good for them to do something diff.
  • noxtobynoxtoby Posts: 15
    After a few listens, my two cents:

I reckon it’s a response to this crazy world (“...stuck in our boxes”) largely going to shit and the subsequent increasing numbers of people seeking escape in supernatural stuff (“I’m in love with clairvoyants cos they’re out of this world”), particularly religion (“...down/drown in the river” — baptism // “Not one man can be greater than the sum...a positive thought...” // “Expecting perfection...”).
    Science by day. Music by night: http://OxtobyMusic.com
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    A departure...or new direction...sounds like PJ meets the Killers...
    I love to turn you on