Dance of the Clairvoyants

SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,443
edited January 2020 in The Porch
OK! Who here is clairvoyant? I recently watched a YouTube video of "Ed's House Tour" (yes, I felt like a creepy stalker). There, he commented on how he doesn't tap into 'It' but is more of a vessel 'It' taps into. (I forget what wording he used.)

This song could be about what's it like when your heart is open, pure, and a conduit.
Alternatively, it could be about Ed dancing with another person who experiences clairvoyance? (half-joking).

Here's a thread to discuss your moments of clairvoyancy or what Dance of the Clairvoyants may mean.
Post edited by Spunkie on

Comments

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,443
    edited January 2020
    Don't be shy! We'll only tease you relentlessly if your guess is WAY Way out there! For instance, I thought the track Sirens might be an Odyssey reference before I heard it! This could be fun! Are you NOT intrigued?

The band releases an ECO-Politically titled album and the first track is titled with polar opposite an ARTsy fartsy ESP reference?

What does it mean to you? No wrong answers here, kiddos!

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Please hold. I have to look up what Clairvoyant means. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Please hold. I have to look up what Clairvoyant means. 
    It’s like a blumpkin but messier 
    Okay now that I looked at the definition. I think it means we are in a little dance, but can see everything is going to shit around us. We are holding the pattern but the walls are crumbling and the world is on fire. That’s without seeing the lyrics mind you
    edited January 2020
    That was pretty good. You seemed to have married the two. Not sure it takes extra senses to know that the currents will change when the poop goes down, though.

Anyone else?
    ... Anyone? Anyone?

(Edit: Hits from the Bong reference with the potty brush... mmm... breakfast.)
  • My guess is it has something to do with the Northern Lights. Think that’s what’s on the cover of the single. And the lights “dance” as they flicker
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
    Ahh... I like it. Spirits of the dead talking to our Indigenous relatives.
    Ya think Clairvoyant is a rhymable lyric, or just title?
    Maybe tho, those spirits are dancing?
  • vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    edited January 2020
    I believe Clairvoyants refers to Indigenous  people. Ever since colonization, they have been witnessing the destruction of ecosystems and the depletion of the earths resources. 

Dance would represent the native/tribal rhythm which the song will contain.
  • malphurs72malphurs72 Posts: 57
    edited January 2020
    tish said:
    Maybe tho, those spirits are dancing?
    Yes. Lights as an allegory for people or spirits of the past pleading for us to save the planet. Something along those lines
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
    How very Platonian and poetic guys!
    For some reason, (probable something I read way back about his activism) I have it in my head that Stone is First Nation, Metis, or Inuit? True? Do any other band mates identify as Indigenous ancestry? 
    (Not including Ed, whom I'd award honorary Indigenous status to as he can identify with this Earth going back to the crustaceans.)
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    I am going to guess the title will not be in the lyrics like yellow Ledbetter
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    pjhawks said:
    I am going to guess the title will not be in the lyrics like yellow Ledbetter
    Those are the best kinds
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • What if it’s just about getting deja vu. It’s not too deep, but it feels weird right? 
    Sure. Why not? 

I really like how Malphurs72  drew the connection to the Artwork too, though. And vzouzals Indigenous info too (jesus couldn't you guys think of easier names?) 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    I like all your ideas and I‘m curious to find out!
  • When I first heard the title, I assumed it was going to be somewhat satirical -- like someone "dancing around" like a boxer ignoring factual science stating the earth is going to be fine...as if they're clairvoyant.  After seeing the aurora borealis artwork...I'm not sure.  Can't wait.  Sounds like we'll all find out next week.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2020
    I wonder who wrote it?? Music? Lyrics? 
    Just a guess
    Lyrics: Ed
    Music: Cameron
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • gwallgwall Posts: 14
    Instead of describing the track as “new wave” perhaps we can all get around a new term - “NEXT Wave.”
  • If there was a Safety Dance, there can be a Dance of the Clairvoyants 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I will have less than one day to listen to the new material before seeing them in Baltimore 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    I will have less than one day to listen to the new material before seeing them in Baltimore 
    I think that’s cool though. You get to listen to it once or twice and then immediately compare it to a live performance.  
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

• I wish we could get an early snippet of the song so we can start to dissect what it will be like! I guess fwiw someone who heard it said steady drum beat with 80s like synth....
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,785
    edited January 2020
    Looks like this coming Tuesday the 21st

yayyyy
  • release00release00 Posts: 347
    CROJAM95 said:
    Looks like this coming Tuesday the 21st

yayyyy
    Where’d you hear this?!?!?
    "So much it dont show"
    I'm thinking they could get some very pretty stage lighting going on this number.