Dance of the Clairvoyants

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    My guess is it has something to do with the Northern Lights. Think that’s what’s on the cover of the single. And the lights “dance” as they flicker
    wow. that has a "BINGO" sound to it. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited January 2020
    I will have less than one day to listen to the new material before seeing them in Baltimore 
    I will have -7 days. I love/hate hearing tracks I haven't heard studio versions of. saw them a few weeks before Vs was released. (Sun/Mudfest). Played 3 Vs tracks at that show. Couldn't understand or pin down a beat of a goddamn one of them. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited January 2020
    I think it's inspired by the youth movement spearheaded by Greta Thunberg. They being the clairvoyants, and  this being their time to dance. 

I think it will be a "positive" song with a groovy vibe. A mirror to Do the Evolution.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I think it's inspired by the youth movement spearheaded by Greta Thunberg. They being the clairvoyants, and  this being their time to dance. 

I think it will be a "positive" song with a groovy vibe. A mirror to Do the Evolution.
    highly doubt that it has much or anything to do with greta. I'd imagine the theme of this record came to fruition long before she was on the map. 

www.headstonesband.com

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,785
    release00 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Looks like this coming Tuesday the 21st

yayyyy
    Where’d you hear this?!?!?
    Friend... they solid with info

told me 13th of Jan for album news/dates before Christmas 
    CROJAM95 said:
    release00 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

yayyyy

saaaaaWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

www.headstonesband.com

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,443

Ya know what was inspired by her? The David Suzuki Foundation sponsored lawyers for 10 children to sue Canada. That foundation has my personal stamp of approval because before I could volunteer there, they considered my address and travel time/means of transport before letting me lick stamps and call people to say thank-you.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    CROJAM95 said:
    release00 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

yayyyy

Also, LizJ got a mail from Universal saying the single comes out on the 21st
  • I think it's inspired by the youth movement spearheaded by Greta Thunberg. They being the clairvoyants, and  this being their time to dance. 

highly doubt that it has much or anything to do with greta. I'd imagine the theme of this record came to fruition long before she was on the map. 
    "Spearheaded" by Greta now. But you also have the youth movement rising up against gun violence etc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tish said:

Ya know what was inspired by her? The David Suzuki Foundation sponsored lawyers for 10 children to sue Canada. That foundation has my personal stamp of approval because before I could volunteer there, they considered my address and travel time/means of transport before letting me lick stamps and call people to say thank-you.
    I don't know what you are talking about. But yes, I do consider Jason X to be underrated. If you just accept the premise and have fun with it, it's a very enjoyable and fun Alien-esque romp in space. Do I hold it as better than  e.g. The Final Chapter? No. But it's up there in my top 5.
  • Band smokes a lot of herb so who knows...you can try to get into Ed's head but I think sometimes he can't even get all the way in there.  Nevertheless I'm excited as all hell for this album!!!
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
    If there was a Safety Dance, there can be a Dance of the Clairvoyants 
    I really need to brush up on my music history, because I was wondering what song Safety Dance was. Next thing, my radio is playing the song: "We can dance if we want to.... cuz if you don't dance then you're no friend of mine"... -Clairvoyancy, hahaha. 
  • I think it's gonna be an angry song, raging against those who think they can "see the future" and the future is fine...because you know, climate change isn't real. Or maybe it's an homage to those working (dancing) to educate the world that climate change is real and we have to act now. Either way, I guess we can listen and see for ourselves on Tuesday if the info in this link is correct.
    https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/pearl-jam-dance-of-the-clairvoyants-begins-streaming-on-january-21/
  • I think this will be a great rocker! I’ve been hard on them for a while but this has renewed my faith in the band!!
    Religion is for the weak.
  • Thinking something like corduroy meets hail hail 
    Religion is for the weak.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,164
    I got a feeling it’ll be unlike anything we’ve heard before from PJ. I hope this record does some cool stuff with Ed’s vocals. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    I think mike is going to be unleashed
  • Based on the snippet, and the other bit that MC posted then removed, I’m thinking this one will be something in line with NAIS meets Immortality. But different than anything they’ve done yet
    Based on the snippet, and the other bit that MC posted then removed, I’m thinking this one will be something in line with NAIS meets Immortality. But different than anything they’ve done yet
    this

www.headstonesband.com

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    Based on the snippet, and the other bit that MC posted then removed, I’m thinking this one will be something in line with NAIS meets Immortality. But different than anything they’ve done yet
    snippet?  what snippet?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,785
    snippet?  what snippet?
    the 15 sec snippet when you used those lenses at the billboards
    gotcha....sounds more like infallible to me

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • gotcha....sounds more like infallible to me
    The video that MC posted in the studio sounded like a different segment of the song. Reminded me of Love Reign O’er Me or something. People thought it was a demo, but it was in a similar key to the snippet. But who knows ..
    The video that MC posted in the studio sounded like a different segment of the song. Reminded me of Love Reign O’er Me or something. People thought it was a demo, but it was in a similar key to the snippet. But who knows ..
    wish I could hear that....good info.  I'm hoping they go back to rocking with less Sirens/Future Days/Sleeping by Myself, etc.

• densandensan Posts: 563
    expectations
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
    I remember getting a snippet from the Fixer....wasn't quite as happy with the full song but the snippet kicked ass

• euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    wish I could hear that....good info.  I'm hoping they go back to rocking with less Sirens/Future Days/Sleeping by Myself, etc.

• Thanks for posting the video. Not sure what to expect anymore lol My memory distorted what I thought I heard. I agree with Gern about rocking out more!!!
    euchrid said:

I like it

Sounds very beautiful. Can only get more beautiful with the other guys chiming in. Thanks for the repost, Dimitrios.