Oklahoma City 4/6/20 Show Thread

Comments

• renelesurrenelesur Dallas, TX Posts: 83
    edited January 2020
    Is anyone in line for GA yet?  LOL
    I'll be driving straight from Dallas Love Field (after arriving home from the STL show) to OKC to join the masses.  Looking forward to it!  

11/15/2013 - Dallas, TX; 11/16/2013 - Oklahoma City, OK;

8/10/2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle, WA; 8/18 & 20/2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL; 9/2 & 4/2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

7/8 & 9/2022 - Hyde Park, London, EN,   UPCOMING: Nashville, St. Louis, OKC

• I have GA and seeking 1-2 more GA for PJ virgin and probably my sibling.  They will do F2F (or whatever) transfer when TC releases details.
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
  • Got 2 in Sec 4 row A. 
    Don’t be afraid to refresh when it seems stalled. That’s what I did.
    Wow. How is it even possible that those were available. Must not be many 10C in okc reserved. 
  • Got 2 in Sec 4 row A. 
    Don’t be afraid to refresh when it seems stalled. That’s what I did.
    Wow. How is it even possible that those were available. Must not be many 10C in okc reserved. 
    the first 3 sections behind GA (1,,2,3) weren't available as well as GA. I suspect those were all for Ten Club Members
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • I screwed up and registered for Verified Fan instead of 10C presale.

I really wanted GA but I got a pair in sec 207 and then went back in and got another pair in sec 4 row B, which is the back floor section but 2nd row.  I have to decide which pair I use with my wife and which pair will be for my buddy. 

Is it going to be possible for people like me to do the exchange?  Hoping to find someone that doesn't need their GA tix.

• I screwed up and registered for Verified Fan instead of 10C presale.

I really wanted GA but I got a pair in sec 207 and then went back in and got another pair in sec 4 row B, which is the back floor section but 2nd row.  I have to decide which pair I use with my wife and which pair will be for my buddy. 

Is it going to be possible for people like me to do the exchange?  Hoping to find someone that doesn't need their GA tix.

A friend of mine didn’t score his GA request for OKC and also didn’t get pre sale. If you need to off load these I can connect you all. He is looking for 2 tickets
  • JRDAY89JRDAY89 Oklahoma City Posts: 126

I screwed up and registered for Verified Fan instead of 10C presale.

A friend of mine didn’t score his GA request for OKC and also didn’t get pre sale. If you need to off load these I can connect you all. He is looking for 2 tickets
    Do you know what priority he used for that? Just curious. 
    2013: Oklahoma City
    2014: St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Denver
    2016: MSG I, MSG II
    2018: Wrigley I, Wrigley II
  • JRDAY89 said:

I screwed up and registered for Verified Fan instead of 10C presale.

Do you know what priority he used for that? Just curious. 
    He put in for one request. 
    His priority #1 was OKC GA x 2 tickets. 

Now he just wants any ticket. 
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Anybody do VF today for okc? How was the availability? Hoping we can sell it out to get them coming back to this part of the US.
  • myoung321 said:
    geronika said:
    Adrianler said:
    It will be my fourth show, the second in the US, and the first with my wife. We''ll be driving from Tulsa. OKC does seem like a very nice place, and the area around the arena seems fun and very easy to navigate for a situation like this -- only been there once for a NBA game. I remember a "Flaming Lips Street" or something there in Bricktown.
    Flaming Lips Alley. 

Wow. I took that picture. It’s from my photo blog. 
    geronika said:
    myoung321 said:
    geronika said:
    Adrianler said:
    It will be my fourth show, the second in the US, and the first with my wife. We''ll be driving from Tulsa. OKC does seem like a very nice place, and the area around the arena seems fun and very easy to navigate for a situation like this -- only been there once for a NBA game. I remember a "Flaming Lips Street" or something there in Bricktown.
    Flaming Lips Alley. 

Great shot. 
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    wbutler29 said:
    Anybody do VF today for okc? How was the availability? Hoping we can sell it out to get them coming back to this part of the US.
    I got on around 5pm just to check it out and there are plenty of tickets for the public sale available. If anyone is interested in a single ticket there are actually some pretty good seats still up for grabs.
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    It's looking like I'm going to have two extra tickets for the OKC show (not 100% sure yet because I'm waiting for a friend to tell me what he's doing), but they're both singles.  One seat is great, Section 108, Row Q (side stage, McCready side, 7 rows back), and the other is meh (Section 307, Row L).  
  • OJ1414 said:
    I'll be at this show too. Looking forward to seeing Pearl Jam 15 minutes from home

I know. I’m pumped to see Pearl Jam
    in my back yard again! 
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Just got a ticket for OKC. Wasn't planning on going this far out, but thankful that it was available. Will be blasting Gigaton & the 2013 show on the road. Looking forward to it. B)
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Hi folks!
    My husband and I are going to our first Pearl Jam show in OKC. Seems he bought tix and I bought tix however and now we have two sets.
    So we have a question for people familiar with the layout of the Chesapeake Arena. If you had to choose between SEC 310, Row P  or Sec 305, Row N, which Section would you keep? They're nosebleed of course but I guess which has the better vantage point is what we're wondering. We looked at the view-your-seats kind of sites but obviously they can be deceiving. Thanks for any advice y'all can give!
    Hi folks!
    My husband and I are going to our first Pearl Jam show in OKC. Seems he bought tix and I bought tix however and now we have two sets.
    So we have a question for people familiar with the layout of the Chesapeake Arena. If you had to choose between SEC 310, Row P  or Sec 305, Row N, which Section would you keep? They're nosebleed of course but I guess which has the better vantage point is what we're wondering. We looked at the view-your-seats kind of sites but obviously they can be deceiving. Thanks for any advice y'all can give!
    I think I’d say 305 unless you have really low seat numbers in 310. I’d prefer to avoid having a compete side view of the stage, but if you don’t mind that then go with 310 to be closer. 
  • 305 will at least let you see the stage and the video screens. 310 I bet you can’t see much of anything. There is no row O so it’s only one row different. 

emilyjoyplunkett said:
    Hi folks!

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Can’t wait to find out our seats/GA this week!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Get the word out. Tx/ Oklahoma need to reach out to your peeps and tell them to grab the remaining tickets so we can get a sell out. Nashville and Denver are getting a lot of the love. Let’s make this the hidden gem of the 1st leg
  • JG288351 thanks for info - Wishlist Foundation will have preparty fundraiser location info in the upcoming weeks.
  • Seeing as the MSG tickets will cost me $3000, I figured I'd take a little road trip to OK.  I just got my MFC seat tonight.  Looking for the safest/closest hotel.  Traveling from Delaware.  Any suggestions?
    Amy
    Seeing as the MSG tickets will cost me $3000, I figured I'd take a little road trip to OK.  I just got my MFC seat tonight.  Looking for the safest/closest hotel.  Traveling from Delaware.  Any suggestions?
    Courtyard Marriott would have to be in the arena to be any closer. 
  • Seeing as the MSG tickets will cost me $3000, I figured I'd take a little road trip to OK.  I just got my MFC seat tonight.  Looking for the safest/closest hotel.  Traveling from Delaware.  Any suggestions?
    Look up in the first part of thread.   I posted that there is a brand new Fairfield Inn next to arena and an older but nice courtyard by Marriott 100 yards from arena.   Those are moderately priced.   There is a Sheraton, 21C Museum Hotel, The Skirvin, The Colcord and the Renaissance that are full service and really nice in great areas within blocks of arena.   Also, lots of hotels in the heart of Bricktown within blocks of arena.
    Just received a random email from the Oklahoma City Thunder account.  Got excited, then I saw they were just pushing Bball tix, but they have my account now so that means PJ tickets are moving.  Interested to see where we all end up seat-wise.  Best of luck to those hoping for GA and congrats to all the winners as there is never a bad seat to a PJ show.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    geronika said:
    myoung321 said:
    geronika said:
    Adrianler said:
    Flaming Lips Alley. 

Great Shot!.... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    Any tips on a fun and nice place to take my wife for HH/dinner?   We are flying in from houston and staying at concord.  
    My wife is not a huge PJ fan (though she likes them) so I want to bring her somewhere nice for good wine and dinner before the show. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    wbutler29 said:
    Just received a random email from the Oklahoma City Thunder account.  Got excited, then I saw they were just pushing Bball tix, but they have my account now so that means PJ tickets are moving.  Interested to see where we all end up seat-wise.  Best of luck to those hoping for GA and congrats to all the winners as there is never a bad seat to a PJ show.
    I got one of those as well! Good luck tomorrow, everyone!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dr122931 said:
    Any tips on a fun and nice place to take my wife for HH/dinner?   We are flying in from houston and staying at concord.  
    My wife is not a huge PJ fan (though she likes them) so I want to bring her somewhere nice for good wine and dinner before the show. 
    I would recommend Mahogany Prime Steakhouse.  It is 100 yards from the Colcord Hotel.  Also, the Colcord has Flint in the hotel that is excellent. You may also consider Vast at the top of the Devon Tower that is connected to the Colcord.  All three are high end and very nice.  Other ideas to consider:  Ludavine, Broadway 10 or Nonesuch.  All three are DT and close to hotel via streetcar.  Nonesuch was rated America’s best new restaurant by Bon Appetit magazine last year.
    dr122931 said:
    I would highly recommend Red Prime. After that Mahogany. Both are fairly close to the arena too. Mahogany is actually across the street from Colcord. Also, downstairs at Colcord is Flint that is pretty good. My wife and I go there for breakfast or brunch pretty often.