Options

Oklahoma City 4/6/20 Show Thread

Comments

• Options
    Social Capital got back to me and offered the following:   

We would love to host your event. We aren't currently open on Mondays but we plan to be by April and if not we would absolutely open up just for you guys.
    Let me know what I can do to accommodate you, our motto is "Community Through Beer" and what better way to live up to that than hosting a fundraiser.

Here are some pictures of our spaces if you need them 
    Main Dining Room, another angle of our Main Dining Room, and our Private Dining Room.Here is the Upstairs Patio and Another Angle and our Courtyard Patio, both with their own full-service bar.

I'll be more than happy to work with you or whomever on anything extra we can do to make everything run smoothly and be a success.
  • Options
    Whoever coordinates the wishlist fundraisers please  PM me and I can connect you to Social Capital and you two can work out details and ensure it’s a good fit.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Good start. Even if they don’t host, sounds like a good place to hit during the day of the show. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ^^Looks like a cool spot. Me & my buddies will be at the preparty, I'm sure.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    The wishlist pre-parties are great for the site that hosts. Monday afternoon they get a shot in the arm of a couple of hundred hungry and thirsty customers who are an easy going friendly bunch. Get some good PR as well as the parties usually pick local charities to support. 
  • Options
    That is what I thought.   I have no association with any business in the area.  I’m just a proud OKC resident that thinks Social Capital and it’s location to the street car, new park and arena are awesome!
  • Options
    Let me know how I can connect the organizers to Social Capital and I am a board member of a great local charity!
  • Options
    Not sure how to connect until the organizers kick it off in a few weeks. If your on FB I think the group had a page. Check wishlist or Pearl Jam wishlist
  • Options
    Looks like Canada confirmations will wrap today. If pace holds, it may be Saturday before we find out. To save you questions once confirmations come, unless you choose GA or Res only as an option, you won’t know GA vs Res until the 27th. 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    Staying at the same hotel as 2013 (Hampton Bricktown). My buddy and I were so hungover from Dallas last time that we really didn’t get to do much before or after the show. Looking forward to seeing what OKC has to offer. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Staying at the same hotel as 2013 (Hampton Bricktown). My buddy and I were so hungover from Dallas last time that we really didn’t get to do much before or after the show. Looking forward to seeing what OKC has to offer. 
    Planning on staying there as well. 
  • Options
    It’s a good spot right in the middle of everything.   Check out the Colcord, Ambassador, Sheraton, if you want a full service experience.     There is also a brand new Fairfield In and Suites with bar and food right next to arena.   Just opened in January.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/okcdf-fairfield-inn-and-suites-oklahoma-city-downtown/
  • Options
    Also the Skirvin and 21C.   That and the other full service I mentioned is where all the NBA teams stay.
  • Options
    pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    Just spent NYE in OKC to see the Mavs vs. Thunder, I hung out at Tapwerks for the night and it was great. Looking forward to coming back for PJ. 
  • Options
    OJ1414OJ1414 Posts: 35
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for the Social Capital recommendation, JG. Somehow I'd never been there but needed to find a place to grab a beer tonight and wound up there. Nice beer selection (didn't try the food) and looked like it'd be an especially great place if the weather is nice.
    Post edited by OJ1414 on
  • Options
    Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    We got a room at the Courtyard Marriot.  Looks pretty close to the arena and hopefully close to some bars for drinks before and after the show
  • Options
    We got a room at the Courtyard Marriot.  Looks pretty close to the arena and hopefully close to some bars for drinks before and after the show

Supposedly right around the corner and relatively new.  A bunch of bar/restaurants in walking distance.  Bricktown area.  Couple of us are setting up shop at Hampton Inn.
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:

Supposedly right around the corner and relatively new.  A bunch of bar/restaurants in walking distance.  Bricktown area.  Couple of us are setting up shop at Hampton Inn.
    The Courtyard is not even right around the corner, it's even closer. You can walk out of the hotel, across what's basically an alley and into the arena. Enjoy the show and enjoy OKC.
  • Options
    Here's hoping we are the docket for tickets tomorrow. 
  • Options
    405OK405OK Posts: 98
    For those staying in bricktown, some place like tapwerks is probably the best and  most convenient due to its location to most of the hotels in the area. Social Capital is blocks away on the OTHER side of the arena from bricktown. Yeah, it’s newer, but walking blocks out and then back is just too much. Midtown is not convenient either, unless you want to depend upon the trolley. Bricktown is where you want to be. 
    2013 - OKC
    2014 -Tulsa
    2016 - Chicago 1
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2021 - Ohana I Ohana Encore 1 & 2 
    2022 - Louisville I OKC
    2023 - Ft. Worth 1 & 2 I Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    405OK said:
    For those staying in bricktown, some place like tapwerks is probably the best and  most convenient due to its location to most of the hotels in the area. Social Capital is blocks away on the OTHER side of the arena from bricktown. Yeah, it’s newer, but walking blocks out and then back is just too much. Midtown is not convenient either, unless you want to depend upon the trolley. Bricktown is where you want to be. 

405OK said:

Wishlist will want to be as close to the arena as possible.  Parties usually go from early afternoon till 6ish. not sure where 2013 party was and if the venue was up to par.
  • Options
    We’ll have to wait till Sunday. No stress Saturday.
  • Options
    I’m freaking out because I just realized I didn’t register for the10c sale I just registered for the verified fan presale.  Hopefully I get in.  
  • Options
    I’m freaking out because I just realized I didn’t register for the10c sale I just registered for the verified fan presale.  Hopefully I get in.  
    Keep an eye out for fan exchange. Not sure when it is, but those with extra okc tickets from lotto can sell to 10c members.
  • Options
    405OK said:
    Keep in mind..... the street car runs in 11 minute intervals at each stop.   Also, Social Capital is maybe a 10-15 easy walk to the heart of Bricktown.   Heck,   Midtown is Maybe a 15-20 minute walk to Bricktown or arena. None of the potential locations are inconvenient.
  • Options
    405OK405OK Posts: 98
    If I’m staying in Bricktown, why would I want to walk, or by your suggestion, take the trolley, all the way to midtown when I have everything mere minutes away? My point was there’s more options within hotel and arena walking distance. Most everyone in from out of town will be posted up in bricktown. You mentioned tapwerks in your post- it’s probably the most convenient place due to its location and it will appeal to just about everyone. I wouldn’t want fuck with trolleys or walk all the way out of bricktown for a beer when it’s right there. A walk to midtown isn’t 15-20 minutes, it’s more like 35-40 min. Map it. Just my two cents.. and I live here. 
    2013 - OKC
    2014 -Tulsa
    2016 - Chicago 1
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2021 - Ohana I Ohana Encore 1 & 2 
    2022 - Louisville I OKC
    2023 - Ft. Worth 1 & 2 I Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    Not worth fighting over, but tapwerks sounds like a winner. Ease and accessibility wins out. Either way Social Capital should be on the list for everyone to see
  • Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't walk to Midtown from Bricktown. Tapwerks isn't a bad spot, though. I'd say either there or Social Capital. I like SC (assuming the weather would be good) but understand that not everyone would want to walk from Bricktown to the other side of the arena or take the trolley.
  • Options
    I live here and have walked it.  My point is to give guests a unique experience.  Irish pub is an Irish pub.  I was thinking more of what show cases OKC to guests.   I love Henry Hudson, Tapwerks and Bricktown Brewery but they hardly are unique nor showcase our city.   FWIIW I’ll be in Bricktown tomorrow after my 6 year old sons basketball game.  Love it.  Just not unique or a showcase to guests.
  • Options
    OJ1414 said:
    Yeah, I wouldn't walk to Midtown from Bricktown. Tapwerks isn't a bad spot, though. I'd say either there or Social Capital. I like SC (assuming the weather would be good) but understand that not everyone would want to walk from Bricktown to the other side of the arena or take the trolley.
    Don’t have to walk.   Can take streetcar