This is one of my favorites.
https://youtu.be/1mUjLAWIj7E

Comments

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    RIP
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    So very glad I decided to see them for R40.....

This fucking sucks. They were/are an early fave of mine.

welp, gonna have to find and buy his anatomy of a drum solo dvd.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    was thinking, how entirely Neil to have kept this so private.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    Holy crap- no way!  What a bummer.

R.I.P. Neil Pert.  Thank you for great music.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    devastating!

an unbelievable talent.

RIP, Neil. :bawling:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    So sad. Love Rush. Never got to see them. 

Thread might get merged with the one on The Porch. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

hope not. fuck that place

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    He certainly had a lot of pain while on this Earth but brought so much art to so many admirers.  RIP.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    I too have never seen Rush, would have been nice.  My other regret is never seeing REM, I think that ship has sailed as well.
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    I was so sad when I heard of this. I developed a bit of a bromance for him over the last five years. Was never a big Rush fan... couldn't stand Geddy Lee's voice lol. But with the advent of some incredible documentaries on the band, whereby I got to feel "invited" into their lives a little bit, I began a small journey of admiration for the band, specifically for Neil. He's a motorcycle junkie, like myself. And when I learned of his sons death and how he dealt with it, it was then when I started to feel my heart strings becoming connected to him and his brothers in Rush.
    67 years old... brain cancer... fuck.... can't stand it. He came across as such a rad dude. 
    RIP to the man. By many accounts, the greatest drummer of all time. 
    By my own account... just a sweet ass dude.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    I too have never seen Rush, would have been nice.  My other regret is never seeing REM, I think that ship has sailed as well.
    Yup. Right there with you. :frowning:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

S’ok (though I don’t venture over there too much). 

evs, the documentaries got me too. 

And his lyrics!  Red Barchetta is among my favorites. 
  • Options
    RIP to Neil.

Dave Letterman's favorite drummer.
  • Options
    evsgjamm said:
    I was so sad when I heard of this. I developed a bit of a bromance for him over the last five years. Was never a big Rush fan... couldn't stand Geddy Lee's voice lol. But with the advent of some incredible documentaries on the band, whereby I got to feel "invited" into their lives a little bit, I began a small journey of admiration for the band, specifically for Neil. He's a motorcycle junkie, like myself. And when I learned of his sons death and how he dealt with it, it was then when I started to feel my heart strings becoming connected to him and his brothers in Rush.
    67 years old... brain cancer... fuck.... can't stand it. He came across as such a rad dude. 
    RIP to the man. By many accounts, the greatest drummer of all time. 
    By my own account... just a sweet ass dude.
    not the same as being in theroom butthere are many many live dvds available from various tours

a highlightis Rush in RIO.

• Options
    Thx mickeyrat
    I ought to seek.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

• Options
    evsgjamm said:
    Thx mickeyrat
    I ought to seek.
    R30, R40 rank as well.... and basically pick a tour, any tour.. 

• Options
    Word up, yo. Word up.

• Options
    vapor trails tour. saw this about a month later outdoors...   O Baterista

• Options
    better version same tour

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    vapor trails tour. saw this about a month later outdoors...   O Baterista

Love Vapor Trails. I believe that will be next. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474

saw them both a bunch of times. my wife was, and is, a huge fan when I met her many moons ago. we watched beyond the lighted stage last night. it is a great documentary of the band.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

saw them both a bunch of times. my wife was, and is, a huge fan when I met her many moons ago. we watched beyond the lighted stage last night. it is a great documentary of the band.
    Wasn’t it many planets ago that you met your wife?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

That is an excellent documentary. 
    Wobbie said:

Wasn’t it many planets ago that you met your wife?
    Ignore Faxxi. We all know he has traveled here from a far off place. Very, very far off... other planetary with the help of a magic robe...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ...and cannoli =)

Love that Rush doc as well. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    ...and cannoli =)

Love that Rush doc as well. 
    Forgot the cannoli, dammit. Thanks for reminding me! 
  • Options
    I have seen Rush well over 20 times in my 47 years on this planet and the Earth is devoid of much talent today.  Many people saw Neil as a cold and stand off guy, which I understand.  But, he was an introverted person who used his talents to express himself which I really respect.  Read his books and understand his views.  I lost my wife 5 years ago and I can totally relate to his mindset.  We were lucky that he had the intestinal fortitude to continue on.  RIP, Neil, and thank you for so much for the joy you have given me through your soul with your music... 
    Elliot Hall, Purdue University - Mar 17, 1994
    Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996
    Deer Creek Music Center - Aug 17, 1998
    Deer Creek Music Center - Aug 18, 2000
    Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana - Jun 22, 2003
    Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana - May 07, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - September 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - September 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    US Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH - October 1, 2014
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,405
    R.I.P.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    A work in progress pt 1

• Options
    A work in progress pt 2...