Options

Final Poll: Vote for Best Pearl Jam Show of Decade

vote here: http://polljunkie.com/poll/ybsmew/best-Pearl-jam-shows-of-the-decade

Okay folks, last one and this is the most important one. This will help us determine the top ten shows of the decade which will be announced in an episode of Live On 4 Legs releasing January 1st.

Here’s how you vote, go to the link above, drag and drop and rank ONLY your top ten in the order of your choosing. Anything selected after 10 will not count towards points (think like MLB MVP voting) There are no numbers there so keep an eye on the order of the shows. Then hit submit and make sure you vote at least once per day.

again, this is the big one!! Need everyone’s help here. What’s your number one?
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    How did Phoenix 2013 not make this long list??
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Voted
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    How did Phoenix 2013 not make this long list??
    There were a lot of shows. Brooklyn didn’t make it either. Blame the 2016 shows
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• Options
    Actually Phoenix was never really close to getting enough percentage votes, it was middle of the pack

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Not voting, that list misses too many good ones
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Not voting, that list misses too many good ones
    I guess you should’ve stuffed the ballot boxes

• Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    edited December 2019
    Actually Phoenix was never really close to getting enough percentage votes, it was middle of the pack
    Well I have a feeling most people weren’t there. NY City, Boston and Chicago shows always are considered to be “amazing” but I don’t know how many people were actually there to confirm it. I’ve been to a handful of so-so Chicago shows over the years that are raved about so it might just be me. I also think the Champaign 2003 was the most underrated of that tour and I wasn’t there but I heard the show and can confirm how tight it was. Check out the Phx setlist. Pretty fantastic show. 
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited December 2019
    Where is Quebec City 2016?All I see are ballpark shows and full album shows for 2016 and it was still the best boot imo. 
  • Options
    Calgary ‘13 is the most underrated show of the decade IMO.  Anyone that was there knows what I’m talking about. The Saddledome was rocking... rarely heard it that loud. Really comes through in the boot. Plus... the SETLIST.  

Also surprised that Vienna ‘14 didn’t get any love.  Another legendary show IMO. 

I voted though.. I was lucky enough to be at four of those shows. 
  • Options
    Look, everyone is gonna have their shows that mean something to them and not all of them were able to make it, one of my favorite shows I’ve ever went to didn’t make the list and it had the East Coast bias on its side. I tried as hard as I could to reach out to fans of all locations and nationalities. The stadium shows are popular, the album shows are popular. Your every day Pearl Jam fan that hasn’t dug for every boot imaginable is gonna pick the popular stuff and that’s what happened here. Just enjoy that someone took time that they could’ve exhausted elsewhere to do something kinda cool and fun for you guys celebrating the band

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    It is a good list. PJ is too consistently awesome so it is tough to compile a list like this.  

It does smell of a lot of New York, Boston and Chicago but that is how the voting worked out. 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    I'd gather that twice as many people attended the ball park shows (compared to the arena shows) so simple math is going to give the edge to these concerts. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    Related image
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2019
    Look, everyone is gonna have their shows that mean something to them and not all of them were able to make it, one of my favorite shows I’ve ever went to didn’t make the list and it had the East Coast bias on its side. I tried as hard as I could to reach out to fans of all locations and nationalities. The stadium shows are popular, the album shows are popular. Your every day Pearl Jam fan that hasn’t dug for every boot imaginable is gonna pick the popular stuff and that’s what happened here. Just enjoy that someone took time that they could’ve exhausted elsewhere to do something kinda cool and fun for you guys celebrating the band
    You are taking this personally (and shouldn’t) 😂. I wasn’t picking apart your list, just wanted to give a shout out to a pair of shows that I think are vastly underrated.  
    If you want to dabble in the court of public opinion, you need to accept some feedback. Notwithstanding, these comments are keeping your thread on the first page and thus getting more votes on your list which may result in more listeners to your podcast. I’m thinking that is the whole point right? 👍

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    Leeds
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    You are taking this personally (and shouldn’t) 😂. I wasn’t picking apart your list, just wanted to give a shout out to a pair of shows that I think are vastly underrated.  
    If you want to dabble in the court of public opinion, you need to accept some feedback. Notwithstanding, these comments are keeping your thread on the first page and thus getting more votes on your list which may result in more listeners to your podcast. I’m thinking that is the whole point right? 👍

Yes. And it might come off as me taking it personal, but I’m reacting to those who took it way too personally. “This list doesn’t have my shows so I’m not voting” is a stupid excuse, which is not how you reacted so it isn’t a criticism of you. We’re all just trying to have fun here and maybe a bad head cold last night made me come off as a tad frustrated. I’ll take the heat, it’s all good

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    1) PJ20 Night 2 (2011)
    2) Seattle Night 2 (2018)
    3) New York Night 2 (2010)
    4) Charlottesville (2013)
    5) Toronto Night 1 (2016)
    6) Seattle (2013)
    7) Moline (2014)
    8) Philadelphia Night 2 (2016)
    9) Milwaukee (2014)
    10) Greenville (2016)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Bump, keep up the vote! Remember to place votes for your top ten and not just the #1 show, thanks!

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    amsterdam 2-2012..and the rest..
    ofcourse we cant talk about lists when SA are ignored cos majority never travel there or bought the bootleg.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ofcourse we cant talk about lists when SA are ignored cos majority never travel there or bought the bootleg.
    Fair comment dimi.  The 2015 Buenos Aires show was off the hook! I love listening to the SA boots on PJ 22.  The crowd energy is amazing. 
  • Options
    I voted for the first Wrigley.  Why?  Because you never forget your first!

Walking off stage at 208 AM.

What a show.  A lot of firsts on that night for me.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Leeds

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883

You saw pj for the first time in 2013?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919

That night was awesome. Wrigley at 2am is something most of us will never experience again.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    23scidoo said:
    Leeds

Leeds!
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    I’m with Dimi on this vote!
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    RideRick said:
    I’m with Dimi on this vote!
    I’m with you guys!
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    Hartford 2010 >>> Hartford 2013
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    23scidoo said:
    Leeds

Leeds!
    Had the boot on today, amazing show!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

You saw pj for the first time in 2013?!
    98 was but a bunch of songs I never heard live like Bugs for example.