Options

Final Poll: Vote for Best Pearl Jam Show of Decade

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bump, still a few days left to vote.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    For a decade in which they did not tour as much as many of us would have liked, they sure did manage to play some incredible shows. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,257
    edited December 2019
    Calgary ‘13 is the most underrated show of the decade IMO.  Anyone that was there knows what I’m talking about. The Saddledome was rocking... rarely heard it that loud. Really comes through in the boot. Plus... the SETLIST.  

Also surprised that Vienna ‘14 didn’t get any love.  Another legendary show IMO. 

I voted though.. I was lucky enough to be at four of those shows. 
    I felt the same way about Vancouver '13.   I think one issue is that Vancouver shows (when it precedes a Seattle show) don't have a tonne of fan club members at them.  I imagine Alberta shows have even less.   That makes for a lot fewer people to speak up for those shows.    A lot of the time it's heavily trafficked or east coast shows that end up on top because of how many fan members were at them (in addition to the shows being amazing).   It's also that pretty much every show in '13 and '16 was a 3 hour barn burner, so most of them were off the charts amazing.

If you were to ask me my favourite show of the 2010s.   I think it was Vancouver '13, but there's no CD I listen to more than Pemberton '16.   A friggin' festival show and I loved it.  It must be Pemberton :)

I'd go (for shows I attended):

Pemberton '16
    Vancouver '13
    Seattle II '18
    Wrigley II ' 16
    Seattle I '18
    Wrigley I '16
    Seattle '13
    Vancouver '11

The only reason Seattle '13 is so far down my list is my seats were awful.   We were behind stage but at this wierd level the metal bird blocked our view of everything.   The only person I could see is eddie and only when he was perfectly placed at the front of stage so I could see him in the gap between the lighting rig and metal bird.   Any time the bird lowered I didn't even get that.   My agitation kept that show from being great.

edit:  My two favorites aren't even on the list :(
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Calgary ‘13 is the most underrated show of the decade IMO.  Anyone that was there knows what I’m talking about. The Saddledome was rocking... rarely heard it that loud. Really comes through in the boot. Plus... the SETLIST.  

Also surprised that Vienna ‘14 didn’t get any love.  Another legendary show IMO. 

I felt the same way about Vancouver '13.   I think one issue is that Vancouver shows (when it precedes a Seattle show) don't have a tonne of fan club members at them.  I imagine Alberta shows have even less.   That makes for a lot fewer people to speak up for those shows.    A lot of the time it's heavily trafficked or east coast shows that end up on top because of how many fan members were at them (in addition to the shows being amazing).   It's also that pretty much every show in '13 and '16 was a 3 hour barn burner, so most of them were off the charts amazing.

If you were to ask me my favourite show of the 2010s.   I think it was Vancouver '13, but there's no CD I listen to more than Pemberton '16.   A friggin' festival show and I loved it.  It must be Pemberton :)

Pemberton '16
    Vancouver '13
    Seattle II '18
    Wrigley II ' 16
    Seattle I '18
    Wrigley I '16
    Seattle '13
    Vancouver '11

The only reason Seattle '13 is so far down my list is my seats were awful.   We were behind stage but at this wierd level the metal bird blocked our view of everything.   The only person I could see is eddie and only when he was perfectly placed at the front of stage so I could see him in the gap between the lighting rig and metal bird.   Any time the bird lowered I didn't even get that.   My agitation kept that show from being great.

Vancouver boot sounded awesome. Was that the show where he told a fan they would play Of the Earth in Seattle? They didn’t :(
    We had nosebleed seats in Seattle ’13 ... but nothing like you had to deal with.. such a shame because that was a great show... mccready was on fire. It was something to see. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,257
    Zod said:

Pemberton '16
    Vancouver '13
    Seattle II '18
    Wrigley II ' 16
    Seattle I '18
    Wrigley I '16
    Seattle '13
    Vancouver '11

Vancouver boot sounded awesome. Was that the show where he told a fan they would play Of the Earth in Seattle? They didn’t :(
    We had nosebleed seats in Seattle ’13 ... but nothing like you had to deal with.. such a shame because that was a great show... mccready was on fire. It was something to see. 

Yah it was.  I figure that's why they played Of The Earth in Pemberton.   In case the same guy showed up again :)

• Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 902
    Amsterdam 2, Wrigley 2013, Moline 14