Things I spent $40 on or: how I learned to stop worrying and love the Ten Club

124»

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Headed to the planetarium with my youngest. Three tickets and a souvenir will probably be right at $40.  
    That’s a steal! I got my clock cleaned taking the family to the field museum last week. $40 was one adult ticket ($38 actually). 
    daaaaaaamn!  Was that the "suggested" donation?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Headed to the planetarium with my youngest. Three tickets and a souvenir will probably be right at $40.  
    That’s a steal! I got my clock cleaned taking the family to the field museum last week. $40 was one adult ticket ($38 actually). 
    daaaaaaamn!  Was that the "suggested" donation?
    Lol...nope! More like the mandatory donation. Great experience but such a ripoff 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    deadendp said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Betcha paid at least that for parking. We went to The Field Museum years ago.  We had a reciprocal museum pass, so admission didn't cost us anything, but they had a football game going on at the same time and wanted us to either park miles away and be bused in or to pay $45 to park.  We left the in-law's in the car and dashed through.  
    We made a few passes looking for metered parking but the odds are like winning the lottery. Ended up paying $30 to park in the adjacent lot. It sucks but I just go into days like that knowing it’s going to be a rip-off across the board. They’re infrequent visits and the kids love it so it’s worth it. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I spent $40 on a burger, fries, & 4 bottled beers Monday. I should mention it was Matt’s Bar, it was a Jucy Lucy, and I was drinking Nordeast. Well worth it.
    Awesome!
    I want to do both places when I visit there next.
    How was the burger?
    Exactly as I remember it from last time.  Devoured it.  The molten cheese was a perfect warm-up to the freezing temps!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Sounds great!  ^^^
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Burger with salad, glass of California cabernet, cappucino, tip ... CDN$40.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Burger with salad, glass of California cabernet, cappucino, tip ... CDN$40.
    This shows how $40 can be so well spent I. A single sitting.
    This thread could use a bump today....reading people say how they pay for fan club membership and miss on limited sales like the clear No Code demand a bump.

BTW, I still don't have the fan club singles that inspired this thread (and so many others received) and I also was in a meeting and missed the drop on this No Code release.

Big whoop.  Happy to be here anyway....hell, just today I bought a rack of lamb for more than $40.  That will make a tasty dinner and then process through my body.  
    :lol:

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    I spent $40 on a No Code Clear limited version, 10c only, vinyl today.
     =) 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
     =) 
    I didn't get to, so I just burned 2 twenties for the fuck of it.
    MedozK said:
     =) 
    Hopefully you laced it with something or put some green tobacco in it.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    Chris i thought  you were selling not buying
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Ya gotta buy ta sell, Rob!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Thats the 10c motto
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I'm having a hard time w the records.  The other stuff is going alright.

dankind said:
    Ya gotta buy ta sell, Rob!
    My problem is when I sell I buy more...
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thats the 10c motto
    :lol:

I’ve purchased a few forty buck joints. Worth it for the good times and laughter — much like this place 😛
    MedozK said:
     =) 

Hahahaha!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    i certainly hope I’m not getting charged $40 annually for …. forum posting privileges?  and …. there must be some other tangible benefit that currently exists ….

hmmm ….
    Also, I just went back after a few hours and read some more of the whining -- this shit is top level stuff.
    You wanted the record -- you did not get the record -- 10 Club does not hate you.  Pearl Jam does not hate you.  The world will keep spinning.
    If you hate this so much let your membership lapse and that hugely important $40 (how darn important could it be if you are going to be outraged that you could not spend it on a record today?) flow somewhere else in your life so that you can be happier.

Just for the stuff I just read I just ordered a pair of flip flops for $47.49.
    Thanks, I am going to like them!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Jason P said:
    i certainly hope I’m not getting charged $40 annually for …. forum posting privileges?  and …. there must be some other tangible benefit that currently exists ….

hmmm ….

t shirt
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    mickeyrat said:
    Jason P said:

hmmm ….

t shirt

t shirt?  oh yeah .... now I remember ... someone needs to create a "Things I spent $20 on ..." thread. =)

Jason P said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Jason P said:

hmmm ….

t shirt

t shirt?  oh yeah .... now I remember ... someone needs to create a "Things I spent $20 on ..." thread. =)

There was this questionable time in Thailand...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Jason P said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Jason P said:

hmmm ….

t shirt

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Jason P said:

hmmm ….

t shirt

Or, at the very least, soft.
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Jason P said:

hmmm ….

t shirt

Or, at the very least, soft.

takes a minute.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Jason P said:

hmmm ….

t shirt

Or a humble man hard?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

dankind said:
    Jason P said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Jason P said:

hmmm ….

t shirt

Or a humble man hard?
    then soft

mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Jason P said:

hmmm ….

t shirt

Or a humble man hard?
    then soft

Then the doctor had to hit it with a hammer...