got tenclub?

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Just do the $20 digital membership. 
    +1
    +2....but I'm not so convinced this isn't buck502000 using a 2nd account. 
    lol.
    I spent $96 at lunch the other day for my wife and I, do I win some sort of prize?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.
    I spent $96 at lunch the other day for my wife and I, do I win some sort of prize?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.
    Don’t judge Mcgruff. He’s got, what, like 5 kids???  So if he took the kids and his wife out for lunch and did in fact get the additional guacamole, then it would likely be close to $96. But he’s smart. Take the wife out for lunch while the kids are in school...  
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited November 2019
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.
    Don’t judge Mcgruff. He’s got, what, like 5 kids???  So if he took the kids and his wife out for lunch and did in fact get the additional guacamole, then it would likely be close to $96. But he’s smart. Take the wife out for lunch while the kids are in school...  
    I have a joke to post. But I don't think the mods will get it. 

So I will not post the joke.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.

He got the prize when he got home...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    edited November 2019
    PP193448 said:
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.

lol!!!!!!  That's awesome.  My mother in law offered to watch the kids for a few hours and off we went for lunch (just pub grub. I could care less how much it cost, no kids is priceless).  
    Too bad on the drive home we get a call that my son was in the doctor's getting x-rays because fell; turns out he broke his collar bone.  Good times!!

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • mcgruff10 said:
    PP193448 said:
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.

lol!!!!!!  That's awesome.  My mother in law offered to watch the kids for a few hours and off we went for lunch (just pub grub. I could care less how much it cost, no kids is priceless).  
    Too bad on the drive home we get a call that my son was in the doctor's getting x-rays because fell; turns out he broke his collar bone.  Good times!!

So, in other words -- your mother in laws strength is not look after kids? Haha.
    edited November 2019
    PP193448 said:
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.

I'm picturing a lunch like the one in the beginning of Psycho. 

Before McGruff runs off with a bag full of money and takes in on the Bates Motel in need of a shower.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    mcgruff10 said:
    PP193448 said:
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.

So, in other words -- your mother in laws strength is not look after kids? Haha.
    She could of bubble wrapped them I guess.... 
    edited November 2019
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PP193448 said:
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.

Lol. I mean he was across the street playing with his friends and tripped and fell.  Not much she could
    have done.  Maybe they should have been inside doing arts and crafts? (Crazy enough, my other son is waaay into bob ross lol.)
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    edited November 2019
    I love this thread.

I work 8-5, 5-6 days a week, almost NEVER eat out, am a huge NY sports fan (thank god for the Yankees), packed lunch, i'm lucky my wife is the best cook on earth. BOY do I spend all my extra money on PJ. I been here a long time, not to talk about how long, or how many shows, but it was when I was 18, it was when I was happiest and boy, does it make me happy.

Definitely not out shopping for new jeans or BS. Very interesting thread and conversation.

But even I am like WHERE THE F ARE MY SINGLES!?

ALSO: Living on the east coast, they'd have to come over, ring my bell and kick me in the face to not renew. But I'm digital now for the first time.
    Post edited by RS65573 on
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    i renewed and thought why!
    danny d
  • mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PP193448 said:
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.

Lol. I mean he was across the street playing with his friends and tripped and fell.  Not much she could
    have done.  Maybe they should have been inside doing arts and crafts? (Crazy enough, my other son is waaay into bob ross lol.)
    THEY SHOULD PLAY MORTAL KOMBAT

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PP193448 said:
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.

lol.  This is actually one of their Christmas presents:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mortal-Kombat-Arcade-Machine-Arcade1UP-4ft-Includes-Mortal-Kombat-I-II-III-Walmart-Exclusive/562017574
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PP193448 said:
    PP193448 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    lol.

lol.  This is actually one of their Christmas presents:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mortal-Kombat-Arcade-Machine-Arcade1UP-4ft-Includes-Mortal-Kombat-I-II-III-Walmart-Exclusive/562017574
    https://youtu.be/EAwWPadFsOA
  • Started a $40 spend thread.  Let's see what people drop $40 (or more) on to put some perspective on this and try to have a laugh instead of argue or feel poorly about the "forthcoming" singles.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Started a $40 spend thread.  Let's see what people drop $40 (or more) on to put some perspective on this and try to have a laugh instead of argue or feel poorly about the "forthcoming" singles.

Yesterday I bought a bottle of ketel for $40.  
  • Once again I’ll try to explain myself. I am not rich by any means.i work 50-60 hour weeks,5-6 days a week.  I went into 2500 in debt to go see PJ in Seattle last year. Once in a lifetime experience so you do what you have to do. I don’t buy tons of merch if any at all. I was trying to make a point of how quick 40 dollars goes these days. The OP was talking about leaving. I was saying if 40 makes that much difference then go to 20 a year. If that’s still too much then by all means do what’s best for you. And because 40 goes so fast these days, here in California it really goes fast, it doesn’t have the value of 40 in the past. And if your hurting for 40 or 20 a year then tickets might be out of reach. No judgment no elitism. Just a thought. I’m not one of these European fans that can tour Europe to see the band. I’m lucky to see one show in California and never closer than a 3-5 hour drive each way. But it’s whatever. You can’t say the sky is blue in this culture anymore without offending someone. The music makes me a PJ fan. Not the merch, the status, and mostly not most of the fans. Just the music. If that makes me an elitist, so be it. Where’s my crown?
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    We're coming up on a year of agonizing over membership in a rock band's fan club. I'd hate to have to pick a restaurant with some of you.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    pjl44 said:
    I'd hate to have to pick a restaurant with some of you.

This weekend we rock Portland
    edited November 2019
    Started a $40 spend thread.  Let's see what people drop $40 (or more) on to put some perspective on this and try to have a laugh instead of argue or feel poorly about the "forthcoming" singles.

Lol. "Some perspective". Shitty handling and shitty communication is shitty handling and shitty communication. Whatever it costs.

And why don't you start a "Things I spent ($40 x "number of paying pearl jam members") on or how I realized what a big fucking pile of money looks like". Hah.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Jason78 said:
    Here's something. I've been a member since '09. Why should I renew? I'm actually expired and have 30 days or else! No more single, no contest, no poster package....WTF? $40 for a T-shirt and dibs on tix....maybe.....if  they come to my area. It's not that hard to punch out a single. 2 years behind now. the waiting isn't cute anymore. If this was common or local commerce there would be hell to raise. This is complete BS. It's not even bullshit, this is horseshit. Why should I renew? tenclub?? Who exactly is my voice being heard from? Stone, what's up? One solid answer, I think, would satisfy most of us.
    I've been a member since 1997. Like you, I find no reason to renew, but I do anyway because it's only $40. The Tenclub was fun while it last. Loved getting the vinyls and the newsletters back in the day. That's all gone now. But whatever. It's only $40 I'm flushing down the toilet yearly. 

Would NEVER encourage a prospective new member to join though. I'd be embarrassed. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    I know they'd never do it, but it would be cool if they removed all the expired 10c numbers and moved everyone up.  Curious as to how many active 10c memberships there are now. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    Jason78 said:
    Here's something. I've been a member since '09. Why should I renew? I'm actually expired and have 30 days or else! No more single, no contest, no poster package....WTF? $40 for a T-shirt and dibs on tix....maybe.....if  they come to my area. It's not that hard to punch out a single. 2 years behind now. the waiting isn't cute anymore. If this was common or local commerce there would be hell to raise. This is complete BS. It's not even bullshit, this is horseshit. Why should I renew? tenclub?? Who exactly is my voice being heard from? Stone, what's up? One solid answer, I think, would satisfy most of us.
    I've been a member since 1997. Like you, I find no reason to renew, but I do anyway because it's only $40. The Tenclub was fun while it last. Loved getting the vinyls and the newsletters back in the day. That's all gone now. But whatever. It's only $40 I'm flushing down the toilet yearly. 

Would NEVER encourage a prospective new member to join though. I'd be embarrassed. 
    Clearly something is worth the $40 to you. Is it just the ticket presales and seniority?
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Jason78 said:

I joined last December and I don't regret it. Granted, I chose the digital membership. I did it to have a better chance getting tickets. So far it's worked really well (EV tour) and I hope it continues with the Euro Tour coming up

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Started a $40 spend thread.  Let's see what people drop $40 (or more) on to put some perspective on this and try to have a laugh instead of argue or feel poorly about the "forthcoming" singles.

Lol. "Some perspective". Shitty handling and shitty communication is shitty handling and shitty communication. Whatever it costs.

And why don't you start a "Things I spent ($40 x "number of paying pearl jam members") on or how I realized what a big fucking pile of money looks like". Hah.
    Because I choose not to be a downer, I like to be positive and to find the things in life to laugh at. 
    There are already 30 threads where people share that they are upset and that it is a crappy business.  I get that already.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692

Because I choose not to be a downer, I like to be positive and to find the things in life to laugh at. 
    There are already 30 threads where people share that they are upset and that it is a crappy business.  I get that already.
    31, but the thread I started has had no replies to it.  Probably too positive?! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    JPPJ84 said:
    Jason78 said:

I joined last December and I don't regret it. Granted, I chose the digital membership. I did it to have a better chance getting tickets. So far it's worked really well (EV tour) and I hope it continues with the Euro Tour coming up
    Did you do the stadium tour, or just Europe? Most newer fans had far worse seats for the home/away stadium tour last year than were easily available on public sale. I had pretty good seats, but if they ever canceled seniority seating I'd probably drop my membership.
This discussion has been closed.