got tenclub?

Here's something. I've been a member since '09. Why should I renew? I'm actually expired and have 30 days or else! No more single, no contest, no poster package....WTF? $40 for a T-shirt and dibs on tix....maybe.....if  they come to my area. It's not that hard to punch out a single. 2 years behind now. the waiting isn't cute anymore. If this was common or local commerce there would be hell to raise. This is complete BS. It's not even bullshit, this is horseshit. Why should I renew? tenclub?? Who exactly is my voice being heard from? Stone, what's up? One solid answer, I think, would satisfy most of us.

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    There are more than several threads that address this.  The search function is your friend. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Jason78Jason78 Posts: 400
    Thanks Captain.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    Jason78 said:
    Here's something. I've been a member since '09. Why should I renew? I'm actually expired and have 30 days or else! No more single, no contest, no poster package....WTF? $40 for a T-shirt and dibs on tix....maybe.....if  they come to my area. It's not that hard to punch out a single. 2 years behind now. the waiting isn't cute anymore. If this was common or local commerce there would be hell to raise. This is complete BS. It's not even bullshit, this is horseshit. Why should I renew? tenclub?? Who exactly is my voice being heard from? Stone, what's up? One solid answer, I think, would satisfy most of us.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    I think you answered your own question and should leave.  

I pay to have access to tickets as they usually tour every year or other year and I can travel.   I like to post on here too.  
    Bless your heart.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Jason78 said:
    Bless your heart.
    I wasn’t being mean or anything.  You described the benefits and didn’t like them so pretty clear on the decision.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,121
    edited November 2019
    I love how everyone seems to think $40 gets them so much when sharing the outrage they feel about the way that the 10c handles their commitments re:annual singles.
    I agree that it is totally crap management to not fulfill the annual single component of the membership...I just don't think $40 is worth freaking out about when I consider the things the membership does get me.  $40 doesn't get much these days.
    Lunch.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Jason78 said:
    Bless your heart.
    I wasn’t being mean or anything.  You described the benefits and didn’t like them so pretty clear on the decision.
    Believe it or not, I wasn't either. 

Truth is, there are several threads where this very thing is discussed (sorry) to death. It's not invalidating the OP's point at all. However, it is what it is. Sadly, no matter how much we all (including myself) have discussed being frustrated by the very things included here, nothing has changed. It will happen when it happens and apparently that time is not now. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    I love how everyone seems to think $40 gets them so much when sharing the outrage they feel about the way that the 10c handles their commitments re:annual singles.
    I agree that it is totally crap management to not fulfill the annual single component of the membership...I just don't think $40 is worth freaking out about when I consider the things the membership does get me.  $40 doesn't get much these days.
    Lunch.
    If I spend more than $10 on lunch I’m pissed.
  • I was thinking of when I take the family on Saturday....but ok, then, 4 lunches.  ;)

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    edited November 2019
    +/- $10 is usually determined by guac/no guac
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    Just do the $20 digital membership. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • pjl44 said:
    +/- $10 is usually determined by guac/no guac
    Ha!
    I'll pay $50 if I can have guac with my single. "free" guac with my next show? I'm down. I just want my fucking guac. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    +2
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    Jason78 said:
    No single is a bummer.  The t-shirts all ended up being worn in the garden or to bed.  The Deep magazine went deep into the bookshelves somewhere.  So why stay?  Because the forums are you #1 entertainment value, news source, trading post, and omnium gatherum of clever phrases.  Where else are you going to get that for 10 bucks?!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Oh, I'll definitely stay. I've been gone from the forum manor for 4 years past but I'm back. I'll just be moving in to the guest house out back. The rent is just too damn high. 
  • Kato
  • I was in a bad mood the other day. I told my wife, “if they don’t do a west coast tour next year, I’m canceling my membership.” Because, there is no more singles, the access to tickets are that’s all we pay for now and they haven’t toured the west coast since 2013. She knew I was in a bad mood so she just said ok. The next day, she goes. Your never canceling your membership. It’s 40 bucks. Who cares. 

She is right. It’s 40 bucks. I dropped 45 on lunch today with the wife and daughter. Those shows when they come are soooooo worth it with the preferred perks that comes with ten club tickets. That’s worth the 40 a year.  The member only exclusives. The download. The shirt. Those are free toppings on the ice cream sundae that is PJ. Drop to 20 a year. Easy choice. If that 40 dollars makes that much of a difference, tickets are probably out of reach too. I understand the frustration. The club is not perfect. Nothing is. Shit Pearl Jam released Mankind. They can’t all be zingers. But for me, 40 is worth the price of admission for what the mystery box may bring. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

• Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
    edited November 2019
    3 things:

1. the band doesn't care anymore or we'd have the singles, it's as simple as that... look at all the vinyl they've put out since the last single and everything else they've done...

2. it's not about the $40 (or $80 for those that are waiting for both singles)..., it's about the fact that 10club members were expecting annual singles that they paid for that they still haven't received yet and there has been little to no communication on the subject and most likely they still haven't even been manufactured yet...

3. please don't tell people to leave just because they're voicing their opinion and speaking their mind, not everyone is entitled and able to afford tickets or are able to travel to go see pj at their leisure every year, some people live paycheck to paycheck and are lucky to go to a show if they happen to come to their city, so don't judge others because you have that luxury...

we all love this band and we are all very passionate, no fan is better than any other no matter how much money you have or how many shows you've gone to or how many posters you own or how many tambourines and pics you have, some people have nothing but the memory of seeing their favorite band from the nosebleeds, so think before you speak and respect others opinions...

speaking as someone who is sick of the rich elitist pj fan mentality that has taken over the fanbase that cares less about the music and more about the merch and how many shows they can go to and how much stuff they have... i can only imagine what vs/vitalogy era ed would say about all of this... no wonder the band doesn't care anymore...

i make music, you make me sick...
    (not a comment just chris cornell's copywrite, always loved that, felt appropriate to help express how i feel)...

the haves be having more yet still bored...
    it's a disease and they're all green...
    Post edited by my_wave on
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Jesus Christ. You can’t say a thing here without being blasted about being abusive. I wasn’t telling anyone to leave. I was saying if 40 makes that much a difference in ones life then by all means leave if that’s what they want to do. We could all use an extra 40 bucks but for me, the club is worth more than the 40 bucks. That’s just me. God forbid I speak for me. Everyone do what you want. No judgment here. ✌🏽
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    You didn't tell anyone but you thought it and you thought I should. How dare you Sir. Especially being a fellow 78er. Is there no loyalty in fellow and kinship these days? Why the apologetics? I certainly didn't say you were being mean but you certainly were being a cunt! 
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,645
    I’m still in @ $40, but I haven’t seen them since they came to my hometown in 2013. And even if they do come in 2020 or 2021, no guarantee I get picked for  tickets. So for 7 years @ $40, I spent an extra $280 for a chance at tickets. Technically if I added that $280 to face value by not staying a member the past 7 years, I would have close to $450 to spend on a ticket, which would be pretty good. I guess it’s a hard habit to break.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    I know this is a whiny ranty post, but my honest opinion on it.

The extra $30 isn't worth it for a tshirt that most people don't wear outside the house and a newsletter that is years and year behind.

In regards to digital.  While PJ tours less, we know they tour Europe and NA from time to time.   If you're the kind of person who won't travel more than 30 minutes to see a show, or won't see a show if they play in your city but it's a festival, don't bother.   If you're the kind of person who travels so they can see a show every couple of years, then yah.. it's worth $20/year.

Also if I was a newer fan (last 10 to 15 years), I might be tempted to let it lapse and renew when rumours heat up.   That's why I do in other band fan clubs.   The seniority is tough.   You can get round it by going for GA tickets.    Unless you had seniority before it was necessary, you're never getting closer seats anyways.    Cancel/Renew as needed.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    +1
    +2....but I'm not so convinced this isn't buck502000 using a 2nd account. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Jason78 said:
    Oh, I'll definitely stay. I've been gone from the forum manor for 4 years past but I'm back. I'll just be moving in to the guest house out back. The rent is just too damn high. 
    It could be worse- you might be here (although, on the plus side, the guy has solar and, man, what a view!):

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

my_wave said:
    3 things:

1. the band doesn't care anymore or we'd have the singles, it's as simple as that... look at all the vinyl they've put out since the last single and everything else they've done...

2. it's not about the $40 (or $80 for those that are waiting for both singles)..., it's about the fact that 10club members were expecting annual singles that they paid for that they still haven't received yet and there has been little to no communication on the subject and most likely they still haven't even been manufactured yet...

3. please don't tell people to leave just because they're voicing their opinion and speaking their mind, not everyone is entitled and able to afford tickets or are able to travel to go see pj at their leisure every year, some people live paycheck to paycheck and are lucky to go to a show if they happen to come to their city, so don't judge others because you have that luxury...

we all love this band and we are all very passionate, no fan is better than any other no matter how much money you have or how many shows you've gone to or how many posters you own or how many tambourines and pics you have, some people have nothing but the memory of seeing their favorite band from the nosebleeds, so think before you speak and respect others opinions...

speaking as someone who is sick of the rich elitist pj fan mentality that has taken over the fanbase that cares less about the music and more about the merch and how many shows they can go to and how much stuff they have... i can only imagine what vs/vitalogy era ed would say about all of this... no wonder the band doesn't care anymore...

(not a comment just chris cornell's copywrite, always loved that, felt appropriate to help express how i feel)...

Wow- interesting post!

I'm not savvy enough about/ don't care much about/ having seen a lot of shows or have a lots of merch, but I wonder- how many fans here are people who have all that stuff and really are wealthy elitists?  How many are mostly just sports fans from Anywhere U.S.A. who drive 10 to 15 year old cars, live in modest homes, work 9 to 5, consider eating at Red Lobster a luxury night out and who are PJ fanatics who spend most of their spare cash on merch and shows?

I really don't know.

P.S.  Yeah, I dig "Green Disease" too- great song! But I never thought about it in terms of Pearl Jam fans.  Fascinating.

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    my_wave said:
    3 things:

well, at least we are not painting with extremely broad brush strokes.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

This discussion has been closed.